Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 minute ago, jezza said:

its not been open long enough to build a regular customer base and will be difficult to sell in this climate

Amazon has nothing more or less special than all the rest of the bars on Soi Bukow......Which is exactly the problem.......The Scarce on the ground expat just has to many choices now..... 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, fforest said:

....Which is exactly the problem.......The Scarce on the ground expat just has to many choices now..... 

There were far too many choices for a year or two prior to the pandemic restrictions with many comments in this forum as to how quiet it was in Pattaya's entertainment venues. The western world's economies and the high valued baht were responsible and that has not changed at all.

Sadly, no doubt by the end of the year the choices will have continued to reduce to the advantage of those that remain. Survival of the fittest and/or owners with deep pockets.

• Like 7

the biggest issue for any business ever is management of overheads.  currently anyoen with high OH is in the dooh.

every single business with more than a befuddled brain should be looking at cuts, savings and preparations for hard times ahead.  we saw that this was going to be a tough year anyway back in january before covid was really announced and sat for a week making a plan for the radio.  I cant say its worked perfectly but at least we were on the ball.  some of these bars are like hookers, they sit under bright lights, and cant understand why they arent taking money any more.  

2020 was never goign to be a goo done, but it could have hit average without covid.  with it, it is a write off.  If I owned a bar i would strip it,  store the contents and step back for another 6 months at least.  by then rents will have crashed too so a comeback would be easy.

lookin on FB where "realtors " ( ffs) are still offering prosperous hotels that are shop house sin bukao and the like with 4ooK key money  makes me laguth,

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, misteregg said:

Amazon bar on soi Buakhow up for sale.

Any bar for sale at the moment is worth nothing as no-one knows when tourism will return, until that time every bar owner will have to dig deep into their pockets to stay afloat . Gonna be impossible for some & unfortunately many will close. Even when tourism does return I wonder how many will return straight away. Will take years to recover to what it was if ever but I keep my fingers crossed good times will return SOON.🤞

• Like 4

4 hours ago, simon said:

Any bar for sale at the moment is worth nothing as no-one knows when tourism will return, until that time every bar owner will have to dig deep into their pockets to stay afloat . Gonna be impossible for some & unfortunately many will close. Even when tourism does return I wonder how many will return straight away. Will take years to recover to what it was if ever but I keep my fingers crossed good times will return SOON.🤞

Well Hooters opens back up at 3PM tomorrow......I am not quite sure why they think cheap charlies will become big spenders....... But hey there is some positive news...... 

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 3

This one didn't last long, obviously hasn't been patronised by retired accountants

and those that can't be mentioned.....lol.........Soi 21 previously Sensations and Baku Lounge......

002.JPG

Tonight......

001.JPG

The opticians next to the Kasikorn Bank in Soi Buakhao looks destined for another another life......

004.JPG

• Like 6

Jeez ... I cannot name all of the bars / clubs that have come and gone in BKK ... a total shit load ... I suppose the thinning out of bars / clubs in Patts is long overdue ....

I believe the tourists dollars will remain "king" for a long time to come in Patts, Phuket, BKK, etc.

Personally, I am more concerned about the tourists types that will be coming to Patts ... I can't see Europeans, Americans, Aussies, etc flooding the streets of Patts coming anytime soon ... maybe even a long, long time ...

The new tourists types will forever change the landscape ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1