Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

5 hours ago, fforest said:

I go past there most afternoons.......Most days there are 3-4-5 guys there max....And on occasion there will be a ok crowd.....But by dark its pretty much empty.......

The Marquee was quite popular pre Covid........

Once every month on a Wednesday I sit parked opposite the Marquee from about 2.50 - 3.30pm whilst my wife Sai is in the dentist. I am sure that the same 2 and sometimes 3 customers are the same ones sitting there every time. I never felt the urge to join them as they look so sad and anyway I don't do afternoon drinking. So I listen to fabulous103fm instead. 😀

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, fforest said:

The Marquee was quite popular pre Covid........

I mentioned before I'd been in since it reopened and they'd made some structural changes at the front and side.  These spoiled it for me and possibly for others (and their beer was  also more expensive than similar places a few yards away).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

Once every month on a Wednesday I sit parked opposite the Marquee from about 2.50 - 3.30pm whilst my wife Sai is in the dentist .......  . I listen to fabulous103fm instead. 😀

I guess you are demonstrating empathy with Sai! 🙂

22 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I went past the Marquee last Sunday about 2.30pm and it looked quite busy with what looked like a dozen or so customers in there so maybe that's why they're bothering to open as they get a bit of afternoon trade ?

17 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Someone told me they still do the cheap roast dinners

The 100-baht Sunday roast dinners were a huge draw for the Marquee pre-Covid.  When I passed by on Sunday afternoons, the bar was almost always full.  Regulars told me the Sunday dinners sold out by 6 or 7 p.m.  The Marquee had a loyal ex-pat customer base and if it is struggling now, I can imagine what it's like for less popular bars.

Evil

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

The 100-baht Sunday roast dinners were a huge draw for the Marquee pre-Covid.  When I passed by on Sunday afternoons, the bar was almost always full.  Regulars told me the Sunday dinners sold out by 6 or 7 p.m.  The Marquee had a loyal ex-pat customer base and if it is struggling now, I can imagine what it's like for less popular bars.

Evil

They have probably found a bar selling beer 5 Baht cheaper ...

Edited by Stillearly
  • Haha 7

On 6/26/2020 at 2:29 AM, KWA said:

Doesn't really fit the title, but this is the best place I could find for Neung's Pies 2 who are moving (a few yards) and have revised opening hours.

neungs 01.jpg

neungs 02.jpg

Neung's Pies 2 now closed pemanently due to low sales.  Original in Soi Khao Noi 13 still open.

neungs 03.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

A few  bits and pieces about town the past few days....I think this is the place Khun Egg

was on about, the music venue, not sure if it ever reopened...

IMG_20200908_233114_resized_20200910_073553181.jpg

And across the other side of ''Parking Street'' you have this.....

IMG_20200908_233145_resized_20200910_073552448.jpg

IMG_20200908_234448_resized_20200910_073551088.jpg

Another one of Khun Eggs updates at the bottom of Soi Diamond, the former ''Moon Club'' and restaurant is now.....

IMG_20200909_001556_resized_20200910_073550762.jpg

Into L K Metro...some day and night snaps......

IMG_20200909_224901_resized_20200910_073549928.jpg

IMG_20200909_224919_resized_20200910_073549145.jpg

Bread run this morning....Bye bye......

IMG_20200910_071500_resized_20200910_073548620.jpg

Half the size is that ''Boom'' now......

IMG_20200910_071522_resized_20200910_073547471.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/8/2020 at 7:03 PM, boydeste said:

@roobob @rhodie Thanks.

For some reason I expected a bit more shelf life than that, just checked my London Pride and London Porter bottles, they look to have a year on them too! I guess that must be fairly standard for bottled beers all over then.

I don't think they last too long in this heat, if not stored well. Got a few older ones when the bars re-opened here and I could taste the difference. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Might have a peep in here tonight.....In the dog leg at the top of Soi 15 by Soi Buakhao I believe...

baby boom.....gif

Yes, I think you are right, behind the Hideaway. 

Soi Boomerang I think they call it.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

That Nick guy from NDTVI did a whole show just recently on Soi Boomerang talking to bar owners etc. Seems an up and coming area if anything is ????

Was not the most gripping 20 minutes my life but hey ho ....

namps,

that Nick is a trier,i like his vids,he does go on about Pattaya the TAT should have him on a retainer .plenty of bars are thankfull for his publicity.

soi Boomerang could be a hideaway if it stays the distance.:default_cheers:

regards

grayray

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Soi boomerang has developed a lot in the two years since I went down to 555 bar ,(there tits falling out all over the place )

Agreed.

Booked myself into Sutus Ct Hotel, very close to Soi B, for a couple of nights next week.

Enjoyed my last visit. Nice room with parking and just 590 baht a night.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Might have a peep in here tonight.....In the dog leg at the top of Soi 15 by Soi Buakhao I believe...

Baby Boom used to be on the other side of Buakhaow, down the street beside what was Rich Bar, before it moved to Boomerang.  Unless it's changed, be very careful about the "ladies" you find there.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 1