Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

I walked Soi 7 and 8 today around dusk.....No matter how bad you think things are there, trust me its actually much worse.....It looks like a few bombs were set off there and left a wake of destruction of empty dirty bars with random piles of crap like broken chairs and old bar stools and trash.....Even the Subway was closed.....

And the very few bars open just had old boilers working......Even I was shocked...It was much worse than a few months ago....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 2
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, fforest said:

I walked Soi 7 and 8 today around dusk.....No matter how bad you think things are there, trust me its actually much worse.....It looks like a few bombs were set off there and left a wake of destruction of empty dirty bars with random piles of crap like broken chairs and old bar stools and trash.....Even the Subway was closed.....

And the very few bars open just had old boilers working......Even I was shocked...It was much worse than a few months ago....

So things can only get better ?

13 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Same here, Pump. Have had many great nights there, sometimes starting the evening at the Tequila Reef....

Tequila Reef is not there anymore....You can still tell it was there at one time, the building is now empty and in disrepair...

• Great Info 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

sometimes starting the evening at the Tequila Reef for some ribs or great Tex-Mex food,

My regular bar was directly opposite TR and they would often go over and get some snack food for me, it was called Na's bar and had some real lovelies who were great fun.

I've got a pic somewhere of the gals i'll see if i can find it. You are right when you say in better times Soi 7 and 8 were more than capable of taking care of you without any need to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My regular bar was directly opposite TR and they would often go over and get some snack food for me, it was called Na's bar and had some real lovelies who were great fun.

I've got a pic somewhere of the gals i'll see if i can find it. You are right when you say in better times Soi 7 and 8 were more than capable of taking care of you without any need to go elsewhere.

If ya want some Mexi,Sue’s Place on Pattayaland 2 (had) good Mexi in February.

f**k knows what’s going on now.🤷‍♂️

image.png

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Still maybe the single most beautiful woman I've ever seen in Pattaya was Anna, of the AnnaJet Bar,

Smart as well she knew when to dump the bar happened she sold to a Secrets girls boyfriend. She confessed to me a mistake (the secrets girl) dont know if they then resold it or not but Anna saw the writing on the wall

On 9/26/2020 at 1:44 PM, Washedup said:

So things can only get better ?

I remember the days of being out in soi 7 or 8 with so much foot traffic you would,nt know if you were stood on the road or the path & you certainly could,nt ride up or down either on a motorcycle.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, simon said:

I remember the days of being out in soi 7 or 8 with so much foot traffic you would,nt know if you were stood on the road or the path & you certainly could,nt ride up or down either on a motorcycle.

I wrote about it before on "another" board a few years back but a bar owner I knew who operated the Coral Reef on Soi 8 for probably 15 years, once told me that in his first years as a bar owner there, basically mid to late 90's, there was between 100 and 110 bars  on that soi and had 1000 girls working. And Soi 7 at that time was still at least half vacant lots on both sides of the soi. Probably not more than 20 bars total end to end.

Soi 8, gave WS a run for it's money, was a destination instead of just a pass through. I have some old pics from those days taken with a $4.99 Kodak recycle camera, the kind that had 27 pics before it was done. I should clean out my drawers and gather some of those and get them redone to post on here.

Back in those days, there weren't dozens of selfies taken as YOU DIDN'T WANT TO WASTE YOUR PICTURES!

And I couldn't wait for when my trip ended, I would go to Walgreen's Drugs to turn them in to get DEVELOPED! And then get them back a few days later!

Man....I was hyped to get MY PICTURES BACK! 😆

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2