Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

My first time in town since the lockdown in March, Billabong and Kilkenny about 8.00pm tonight. Some of LK seemed reasonably busy and the bars near there on Soi Buakhow looked the same. We ended up going to Runway on Soi Honey and it was a case of lots of girls but very few customers at the majority of places, most bars looked well stocked with girls but sadly I'm still not a handsome or sexy man !

120485148_386732498985117_6261984367659490643_n.jpg120539577_329648308123022_939314560040012815_n.jpg

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, mrcharliemofo said:

My first time in town since the lockdown in March, Billabong and Kilkenny about 8.00pm tonight. Some of LK seemed reasonably busy and the bars near there on Soi Buakhow looked the same. We ended up going to Runway on Soi Honey and it was a case of lots of girls but very few customers at the majority of places, most bars looked well stocked with girls but sadly I'm still not a handsome or sexy man !

120485148_386732498985117_6261984367659490643_n.jpg120539577_329648308123022_939314560040012815_n.jpg

I am sure your baht is as sexy as the next man's. :default_fun:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Everyone is a "hansum man" these days thanks to the laws of supply and demand. 🤣

Try "Naughty Girl"  in Soi Boomerang and take a motorbike taxi to "Babylon" which is only 5 minutes from the LK Metro area.

Most expats don't go on the piss generally every night so likely to be busier at the weekends.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

It was posted on Facebook by the owner of the Rockhouse that just recently the bar had the lowest daily takings in the 15 years he has had the bar.

Now I'm not being funny here or having a pop at Alex in anyway at all but why would people choose to go to the Rockhouse ? What is it about the place that is going to entice people in there. We were at Time Bar last night, it had efficient friendly staff, the drinks were a fair price and it was good for people watching and it had a fair few customers in there, we left when the live noise kicked off an the empty Billabong and we could hardly hear each other speak. Jibby's, which is a nice bar with air con etc had no customers ? Cafe Racer didn't look busy at all. The bars heading down to Soi buakhow were reasonably busy but what nearly all the bars I saw had was an abundance of girls.

So again what has the Rockhouse got ?

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

You Sir are not alone

May I ask what's your reason ? I just hit a point 2 years ago where I was with a couple of mates upstairs in Kink and they were eating out girls which I used to have a thing for doing and it sort of hit home that I wasn't enjoying being there at all.

My last barfine was February 2019 and last paid for shag was June 2019, I see my ex every now and again and that will do me, just no interest in the p4p nowadays at all.

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

It was posted on Facebook by the owner of the Rockhouse that just recently the bar had the lowest daily takings in the 15 years he has had the bar.

Why did he start that comment with the word "Congratulations"?

37 minutes ago, Jambo said:

That is an easy one to answer:

To see Alex.

The only reason an expat would visit the Rockhouse in the present climate would be if they wished to say Hi to Alex because they enjoy his company. Of course, there is another side to that coin! 🥴

Exactly the same reason I would visit Ricky in Pandora because I have known him for years not because I wish to pay 160 baht for a beer when I could get one for 44 baht almost opposite! I like the guy and know he is losing money every single day he remains open.

It is the same reason Le Pub makes a profit when it is doubtful many, if any, venues in the Walking Street area can say the same. It is not so much the bar but the individual owner who loyal customers go to see and support.

Fair enough that and I can see your point as you're mates with them. Best to leave it at that though as his spies will be reporting to him that the "Poodles and haters'' here are slagging him off again, I'm not slagging him off I'm just saying that the Rockhouse offers me personally absolutely nothing to entice me in there.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Do you mean that stapling a 20bt note to the front of my Singha vest might work ?

To be honest now I've heard good things about those Gentlemen's Clubs but they're just not my thing at all nowadays, it's the same for me now with the Gogo's, I've just got zero interest in them now. My friends summed it up last night when they said that I've lost my mojo and they're spot on, it was good to get over to the Brightside and have a drink with them but as for the women ? Nah, zero interest in them now and the one below from Runway was a real cute thing but I'd rather go home alone ( Photo taken by her last night using my phone and no filters, very tidy ).

120430986_3615649065152015_8396841676828538971_n.jpg

She's lovely!

Looks like she takes care of herself as well, fit body no doubt.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I didn't say I disagreed with you! 🤣

Honestly I never thought you did and I can see your point that you'll go into those bars because you know the owners. I think what I was trying to say was that Le Pub has a good pool table, decent girls, it's a good looking bar and cool inside and the sports on tv so plenty of reasons to go in there even if Phil's not there. We all know what Pandora's has got inside there regardless if Ricky's there or not but if you take Alex out of the equation then what has the Rockhouse got ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bazle said:

Why did he start that comment with the word "Congratulations"?

Following along the lines of what Jambo said..... "  that is an easy one to answer. "  Now I might be wrong here but I took it that his " Congratulations "  was meant to be a slag off towards his friends, his forum members and to his customers. As in " Congratulation, because you haven't been in to support me I have had the worst daily take in the last 15 years "   And it's all your fault.                              That's how I read it between the lines. 

Edited by thumper63
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Honestly I never thought you did and I can see your point that you'll go into those bars because you know the owners. I think what I was trying to say was that Le Pub has a good pool table, decent girls, it's a good looking bar and cool inside and the sports on tv so plenty of reasons to go in there even if Phil's not there. We all know what Pandora's has got inside there regardless if Ricky's there or not but if you take Alex out of the equation then what has the Rockhouse got ?

Plus, Le Pub has a pretty good music system as well ... which Mr. Egg is pretty cool to let people play what ever they want .... I like that !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Cold beer.

Sport on TV if you so desire.

Choose your own music if you so desire.

Cold beer.

Have the option of sitting inside or out ......with air or without.

Non pushy staff... never been hassled for a drink with Alex there or not.

Clean premises.

Did I mention cold beer.

For me...there are plenty of reasons to go there...even if Alex is not there.

As the old saying goes...each to their own.

cheers

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1