Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 10/3/2020 at 7:53 AM, forcebwithu said:

Satellite view of the estate Tony built for himself using money from all the now worthless lifetime gym memberships.
ScreenShot002.jpg

Google Maps location (link) with a couple of photos of the house.

LOL .. Bro .. isn't there a scam going on 90% of the time with most people ( farangs ) here ...  I truly hate to sound so cynical .... but,  in my  encounters with most ( not all ) farangs here that has been the case .....  trying to get something out of you ... lying and cheating along the way ... that is the primary reason I really don't interact with most that live here ...  I don't really give anyone a chance to get into my "business" and keep my mouth shut around most if not all ... 

Yea, there are some super good guys here ... but, few and far between

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

LOL .. Bro .. isn't there a scam going on 90% of the time with most people ( farangs ) here ...  I truly hate to sound so cynical .... but,  in my  encounters with most ( not all ) farangs here that has been the case .....  trying to get something out of you ... lying and cheating along the way ... that is the primary reason I really don't interact with most that live here ...  I don't really give anyone a chance to get into my "business" and keep my mouth shut around most if not all ... 

Yea, there are some super good guys here ... but, few and far between

My experience as well for nearly 90% of them. Except the real expats working for international companies on overseas packages. 

But as you say, I have met a few great guys. But only a very few in many, many years. 

And for the little experience I have here in Bali, it's same. 3 years here, I don't really socialize with anybody except saying Hi.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have seen more lively morgues than Amazon Bar these last few weeks......Every time I go by zero customers.....I expect it to be closing sooner rather than later........
I dont get why the bar next door with the pictures of the Thai food seems to be doing pretty good....
The old R-con bars seem to be quite popular as homeless shelters.....

It is in the process of being sold by Gary.

Now I'm not being funny here or having a pop at Alex in anyway at all but why would people choose to go to the Rockhouse ? What is it about the place that is going to entice people in there. We were at Time Bar last night, it had efficient friendly staff, the drinks were a fair price and it was good for people watching and it had a fair few customers in there, we left when the live noise kicked off an the empty Billabong and we could hardly hear each other speak. Jibby's, which is a nice bar with air con etc had no customers ? Cafe Racer didn't look busy at all. The bars heading down to Soi buakhow were reasonably busy but what nearly all the bars I saw had was an abundance of girls.
So again what has the Rockhouse got ?

There are a lot of people that actually like Alex and his personality.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, misteregg said:

There are a lot of people that actually like Alex and his personality.

I like Alex, he's always been fine to me and I have nothing at all against him or his bar but all I'm saying is that especially nowadays I think that bars need something to get customers into them for some drinks. I've rarely if ever seen girls outside there trying to entice customers to go in there so for me at least I'm not going to be rushing in there.

And I'll probably be shot down in flames here for saying this but I don't think he does himself any favours by letting certain people run amok on his forum, but again that's just my opinion and maybe others think differently ?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I like Alex, he's always been fine to me and I have nothing at all against him or his bar but all I'm saying is that especially nowadays I think that bars need something to get customers into them for some drinks. I've rarely if ever seen girls outside there trying to entice customers to go in there so for me at least I'm not going to be rushing in there.

And I'll probably be shot down in flames here for saying this but I don't think he does himself any favours by letting certain people run amok on his forum, but again that's just my opinion and maybe others think differently ?

If you have nothing against him or his bar....then why keep going on about it. Bottom line... like any bar.... some will like it ...others will not..... each to their own.

Same with his forum...don't like it...don't go there.... not rocket science.

cheers

• Thumbs Up 2