Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

25 minutes ago, Washedup said:

Thanks Jambo certainly painted a picture, bloody awful sad to say. How bad can it get 

Bro .. I think we haven't seen that yet ( how bad it can get ) -- IMHO -- I think a lot worse  .. I agree with Jambo -- I don't think the tourists are coming back anytime within the next year ....and so true -- quote from Jambo " how are the Walking Street GoGo's going to still be open in ,say, June of next year?"

But, ironically .. I was watching something on you tube a couple of days ago .. I think it was ThaiTiger ( I could be wrong ) but, this guy was saying they are gonna open up tourism to ... of all people .. the Chinese .... in Phuket but, even if this is true it is certainly not going to help the bar scene

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

2 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro .. I think we haven't seen that yet ( how bad it can get ) -- IMHO -- I think a lot worse  .. I agree with Jambo -- I don't think the tourists are coming back anytime within the next year ....and so true -- quote from Jambo " how are the Walking Street GoGo's going to still be open in ,say, June of next year?"

But, ironically .. I was watching something on you tube a couple of days ago .. I think it was ThaiTiger ( I could be wrong ) but, this guy was saying they are gonna open up tourism to ... of all people .. the Chinese .... in Phuket but, even if this is true it is certainly not going to help the bar scene

true or not I don't know but on yesterday's news they said China hadnt had local infections for 3 months 

16 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

120837962_4829476777077294_7868361169727502040_n.jpg

Great pics mate.

Cops were out enforcing license conditions apparently.

Soi 6 was raided and the bars were told they weren't allowed to open until 6pm. 

I took the above picture from twitter, apparently taken today at 3pm.

Can you say C-O-N-S-P-I-R-A-C-Y

The people in power WANT business to fail....

To go out and enforce some trivial regulations to take away what little income the Soi 6 bars have is not only heartless but is hanging stones around the neck of a drowning man......They know what they are doing....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Esco said:

true or not I don't know but on yesterday's news they said China hadnt had local infections for 3 months 

Yea, I saw that also .. not sure what I was watching on you tube ... but,  I snickered to myself .... but fucking great if true .. I don't wish this bullshit on anyone ..

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

How can we believe any of the Covid numbers when things like this happened in a first class developed country ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54422505

Fucking Excel file problem ......

And we are supposed to take this people seriously and without questioning ?

When I worked, anytime somebody came up with some Excel file / chart of his making the first thing I did was going through the cells and check the formulas, links etc....

I remember one day a guy from another dept was pretty shocked, as I did it in the meeting and he went "wait, are you're double checking my file / chart construction ?" Well of course I am !

And don't start me on the error margin of the tests themselves ........ Depending on sources it is between 20 and 30 % ......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Can you say C-O-N-S-P-I-R-A-C-Y

The people in power WANT business to fail....

To go out and enforce some trivial regulations to take away what little income the Soi 6 bars have is not only heartless but is hanging stones around the neck of a drowning man......They know what they are doing....

I concur 

I know at least in BKK in Nana and Soi Sowboy there are couple places are still rocking and rolling ... I was down in that area last week .... Morning Night was full of people ...

Stopped in and had a belly full ...

This was about 10 or 10:30 at night .... Soi 3 the Bamboo is usually packed ... empty .....

IMG_5691.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5698.JPG

IMG_5699.JPG

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I know at least in BKK in Nana and Soi Sowboy there are couple places are still rocking and rolling ... I was down in that area last week .... Morning Night was full of people ...

Stopped in and had a belly full ...

This was about 10 or 10:30 at night .... Soi 3 the Bamboo is usually packed ... empty .....

IMG_5691.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5698.JPG

IMG_5699.JPG

Great pics Code.

I seen a video from last friday night on suk soi 4, you could have counted the number of cars on one hand, as you will know the road is usually packed with cars and people from friday night right through until monday.

As quiet as Pattaya apparently is at the moment, it's still faring better than much other places.

32 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Great pics Code.

I seen a video from last friday night on suk soi 4, you could have counted the number of cars on one hand, as you will know the road is usually packed with cars and people from friday night right through until monday.

As quiet as Pattaya apparently is at the moment, it's still faring better than much other places.

Yea Bro ... I was in a couple bars in Patts a couple of weeks ago ... started of at Mr. Eggs joint ... ( he is a good guy ) then he put me on a motorbike somewhere ... I think the Rock House .. I think .. can't remember exactly because I was a little "buzzed" ( a lot ) .. but, nevertheless there seemed to be a handful of bars open and doing a pretty good business ....

Kaosan Road has opened up in BKK .... I went down there a couple of nights ago ... the place was packed with a shit load of gorgeous gals .. they have really cleaned up the place .... I have only been down there a couple of times in all of my years here ... I always thought it was a dump .. but, now it is pretty nice ...  Kaosan Road was rocking ...really, all of the women down there was a sight to see ... a shit load more gals than guys ....

Hoping things get better for everyone ....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea Bro ... I was in a couple bars in Patts a couple of weeks ago ... started of at Mr. Eggs joint ... ( he is a good guy ) then he put me on a motorbike somewhere ... I think the Rock House .. I think .. can't remember exactly because I was a little "buzzed" ( a lot ) .. but, nevertheless there seemed to be a handful of bars open and doing a pretty good business ....

Kaosan Road has opened up in BKK .... I went down there a couple of nights ago ... the place was packed with a shit load of gorgeous gals .. they have really cleaned up the place .... I have only been down there a couple of times in all of my years here ... I always thought it was a dump .. but, now it is pretty nice ...  Kaosan Road was rocking ...really, all of the women down there was a sight to see ... a shit load more gals than guys ....

Hoping things get better for everyone ....

Yes, they ripped up most of the street and relayed it earlier in the year. I have some pics but am currently lakeside. 

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yes, they ripped up most of the street and relayed it earlier in the year. I have some pics but am currently lakeside. 

Yea .. I read something about that also .. but, I was never a fan of the place ... now, it looks pretty nice ... only went down there to meet a couple of gals I know ( they know I didn't like the place -- but insisted ) .... but, I think I will go back sometime ... I didn't see any other farangs  .. all Thais ... but a cool atmosphere .. I liked ...

Good fishing Bro .....

• Like 1

This madness will be lasting a lot loooooonger than 3-4 months...

If I was Bryan I would scrap about 50-60% of the bars pronto....Only keeping the best girls....And lower the all-in price to 1,000......This would turn at least a little profit.....

9 minutes ago, fforest said:

This madness will be lasting a lot loooooonger than 3-4 months...

If I was Bryan I would scrap about 50-60% of the bars pronto....Only keeping the best girls....And lower the all-in price to 1,000......This would turn at least a little profit.....

Are the "best" girls going to go ST for 600/700 Baht ... ?

Nightwish will survive, they may lose a few bars but they will survive, my guess is they will take on more 'investors'. I was one of the more optimistic people when this whole thing started, but now I would say you would have to be mental if you think tourists are going to return in any significant numbers within the next 6 months (at the very very least). 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Nightwish will survive, they may lose a few bars but they will survive, my guess is they will take on more 'investors'. I was one of the more optimistic people when this whole thing started, but now I would say you would have to be mental if you think tourists are going to return in any significant numbers within the next 6 months (at the very very least). 

Survive how mate?

They're selling off bars every chance they get. 

There's not enough customers to keep them going. 

Even the biggest optimist won't be putting money in that franchise now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2