Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Nightwish will survive, they may lose a few bars but they will survive, my guess is they will take on more 'investors'. I was one of the more optimistic people when this whole thing started, but now I would say you would have to be mental if you think tourists are going to return in any significant numbers within the next 6 months (at the very very least). 

think 9

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, simon said:

Go with who , there Ain,t no tourists & certainly not enough expats to keep those girls busy. DESPERATE TIMES AHEAD.

Soi 6 has 2 maybe 3 big problems......If fixed I think Soi 6 can still work.....

#1 Big problem..... There are too many open bars there....Soi 6 needs a big open bar haircut...

#2 Big problem .....Many expats just will not shell out 1400 for a ST....1000 I think would be a much more palatable number....

#3 Maybe big problem?.....I think "No Tourist" is a concept that has not fully registered in the brains of the landlords there......

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Esco said:

Survive how mate?

They're selling off bars every chance they get. 

There's not enough customers to keep them going. 

Even the biggest optimist won't be putting money in that franchise now. 

They have a huge following pal. They can sell 'shares' in their bars. Tbf to flowers he may talk shite, but he's good at convincing gullible c*nts to part with their cash. From what I've been told, the only bars they have sold have been on soi chaiyapoon. We will see, my main concern for NWG and indeed many pattaya barowners, is that I don't see the return of mass tourism until the end of next year at the earliest. 

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

They have a huge following pal. They can sell 'shares' in their bars. Tbf to flowers he may talk shite, but he's good at convincing gullible c*nts to part with their cash. From what I've been told, the only bars they have sold have been on soi chaiyapoon. We will see, my main concern for NWG and indeed many pattaya barowners, is that I don't see the return of mass tourism until the end of next year at the earliest. 

Did they sell the bars on Soi Pothole ? The rumour I've heard is that they just pulled the shutters down and walked away ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

Closed them I heard but may have given one to a former manager to run as his own.

Yes in the above NDTVi Youtube interview, Bryan says they have closed all their bars on Soi Pothole and will concentrate on Soi 6, including buying more bars there.

Also Bryan says the reason they went to open front bar format is they increased sales, profit etc by doing so.

2 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Did they sell the bars on Soi Pothole ? The rumour I've heard is that they just pulled the shutters down and walked away ? 

There is lots of different versions of events. The BiB were involved let's just say that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zeb said:

Yes in the above NDTVi Youtube interview, Bryan says they have closed all their bars on Soi Pothole and will concentrate on Soi 6, including buying more bars there.

Also Bryan says the reason they went to open front bar format is they increased sales, profit etc by doing so.

I rode my wee Honda slowly down Soi 6 on Friday just to see if things had changed since I visited 3 weeks ago.

Still lots of bars, but not quite so many.

Still plenty girls, but not so many.

Even less customers.

Why anybody would consider investing in a bar in Soi 6 in the current climate is beyond me. How can you operate for the next 9 months or more without sufficient customers to make a profit?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fforest said:

This madness will be lasting a lot loooooonger than 3-4 months...

If I was Bryan I would scrap about 50-60% of the bars pronto....Only keeping the best girls....And lower the all-in price to 1,000......This would turn at least a little profit.....

How can he lower the price he's not going with the customers? The price they charge should be absolutely none of his or any managers or owners business. If I was a plumber and I showed up at a job I wouldn't be told what I could charge and what I couldn't. The girls are absolutely no different than the punters when I was working I wanted to make the maximum amount of money I could make for the job I was doing. Can not understand why guys think that the girls should be any different. This is where your negotiation skills come into play.

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

41 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

How can he lower the price he's not going with the customers? The price they charge should be absolutely none of his or any managers or owners business. If I was a plumber and I showed up at a job I wouldn't be told what I could charge and what I couldn't. The girls are absolutely no different than the punters when I was working I wanted to make the maximum amount of money I could make for the job I was doing. Can not understand why guys think that the girls should be any different. This is where your negotiation skills come into play.

soi 6 always had a fixed price to go upstairs you have been out of the game too long

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

How much do you charge the ladies these days Bitch ??? :default_abe:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jambo said:

I rode my wee Honda slowly down Soi 6 on Friday just to see if things had changed since I visited 3 weeks ago.

Still lots of bars, but not quite so many.

Still plenty girls, but not so many.

Even less customers.

Why anybody would consider investing in a bar in Soi 6 in the current climate is beyond me. How can you operate for the next 9 months or more without sufficient customers to make a profit?

A lot of girls have gone back to the villages as there just isn't enough customers. The expats that are there tend to be married and they aren't out barfining every night. Girls are better in the village and getting a few bob off sponsors. 

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

They had a price for the room and you then negotiated with the girl what you wanted to pay her.

A friend of mine who used to visit there just told me he doesn't remember ever negotiating 🙂

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Same here , it's one thing I like about the place , flat fee , no negotiation required  ... 

that's is how I remember it,but that was back in the days when all the bars had front doors.

shit get a few mates in with ya and it was party time all day,some of things I saw and I got up to would get you locked up now days

my send off after 8mths in Pattaya the girls climbed up on the bar,slowly removed their knickers and squatted down to give me feel and look,i was walking around all arvo with bunch of panties on my head.

plenty of action on the lounges and the bar,not many retired upstairs,can't remember the name of the bar,it was the first on the right as you walk down the soi,but this was back in 1997 oh! the times in the Jasmin,i kept trying to get the daughter of the Thai owners to go upstairs,but no dice,she said she was a good girl 555

• Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

They had a price for the room and you then negotiated with the girl what you wanted to pay her.

For most of Soi 6's existence there was always a known fixed price ( the going rate) for payment to the girl for services rendered. It made life extremely simple for those who liked visiting Soi 6 regularly.

I am the complete opposite of a regular Soi 6 visitor but having been told by a friend that Soi 6 was absolutely rammed with good looking totty and few customers I did make an exception last month and carried out a foot patrol unlike last Friday when I just rode the Honda down and never stopped. If

" 1,000 baht okay with you?"

is negotiation then I would have to say that is still a distinct possibility.

So I am told 🤣

Edited by Jambo

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

I always paid more regardless.🤷‍♂️

When I first came 500 was what the girls were asking if I put my dick in a girl's mouth she got a thousand pure and simple that's me. I don't bitch about what anybody else spends and nobody tells me how to spend it works well that way

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4