Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

21 hours ago, fforest said:

It seems Senor Taco on Soi Bukow is the latest addition to the Pattaya Restaurant graveyard....

They are finished.....

Buakao Bistro - Home - Pattaya - Menu, Prices, Restaurant Reviews | Facebook

Oh that's too bad.  I stopped there for lunch on my short visit last month and enjoyed it.  The waitress was concerned that their SMLs were too expensive, but I was on holiday money so didn't care.  Later after paying I mentioned I hadn't seen any meter taxis drive by, she asked where I was going and ran out and chartered a baht bus for me.  I'd have liked to go there again.

The food was good, too.  Chicken tacos:

P_20200917_123656.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Washedup said:

The younger generation and their children will paying off covid debt for the rest of their lives 

Definitively.

And :

will have the value of their school / UNI diplomas devaluated .

- will likely have to take on low paying jobs for which they are (theoretically) overqualified

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Definitively.

And :

will have the value of their school / UNI diplomas devaluated .

- will likely have to take on low paying jobs for which they are (theoretically) overqualified

Jobs will be hard to come by..automation will be taking so many people's jobs..rise of the robots 

Edited by Washedup
Spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Feck me...

Reading some posts on here it seems there is only Pattaya in the world to have fun....

FFS, there are plenty other places with sun, women , bars and beer...

Seems for some besides there home and Pattaya there is nothing else in their life ?

I suppose nothing much wrong with your opinion but as this is a Thailand forum and the topic is about go gos/bars, restaurants that have closed my thoughts are that talking about the demographic left in Pattaya is well placed here.

Starting another topic about there being many other places to enjoy yourself outside of Pattaya and Thailand could be a good start. Maybe even joining a non Thai based forum could also give you less stress at having to continue to knock everything Thai lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 1

Scooters Soi Bukow was closed today at 5.30PM......Make of that what you will.......

I have NEVER seen them closed early evening ever....  

This picture was taken today(what time??) (not by me) of the Scooters on Soi 6....And it looks like the Scooters on Soi 6 is now closed.....

20201028_170230.thumb.jpg.454dc507dcd2c9dc36fb83af57c7b501.jpg

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, tommy dee said:

sadly yes as this will be the first time in anyones memory that we have not a day of high season.    todays norm for business will be the stagnant norm until mid next year at earliest.  its frickin tough for all right now,  and no amount of cutbacks will help.  landlords are back asking full rents, staff want some kind of salary and yet no customers.    by mid 2021 I cant see more than 40% of bars open compared to a year ago, if that.  sorry to be negative

Indeed that is sad. Peoples lives and plans for the future gone. Doesn't help that so much about which turn the virus will take is unknown.  

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Relax, 

Dont wind yourself up for nothing.... 

- you know I have more experience in Thailand than most on here. With a real job, managing Thai staff, kids in school, etc ....

- i am not slagging off Ghai. You'll find posts by me on Indo and China. Just stating facts

- I am not getting wound up, just can't understand the thinking of some. And dont start me on those who cry on the past "GFE" ....hell, paying a pro for her to pretend to be a "girlfriend" ...

- I am not drunk, not grumpy

- Take of your shiny armor, and remember "answer the subject of the post, not the poster" .

I was answering the post you idiot, surely you can see that. The topic is about Thailand, bars, go gos and that was the basis of the answers given by those interested enough to try and give their opinions. some of those guys are actually on the ground as well, not in some back-wood in another country. I think they have a right to post without your tedious hatred for Thailand and Pattaya quips cropping up in nearly every post about Thailand (ironically on a Thai forum)

You have also twice now tried to remind people how experienced in Thailand you are yet wtf has that got to do with your posting style or that of others who live in Thailand. I have been going to Asia longer than you, lived and worked in many cities so does that give me the right to be an obnoxious knob questioning everybody else, no it doesn't.

A friend used to tell me I was the guru on everything Philippines but there are people who go there for a month or two who now have better placed experience than me. I know my way around when I visit my daughter but I am not up to date with everything that needs to be known to have a safe and decent trip. 

Truth is mate, when challenged, you spill out the same rubbish about being the most worldly, most travelled, most knowledgeable member here yet you do it in such a rude and ungainly manner. If you were real interesting and had something to say you could do it without all the 'legend in your own trousers' attitude.

I also expect a F off reply now as that is also your usual reply when called out.

P.s before you check how long I have been coming here I am basing my evidence on a PL post where you highlighted again you were the person with most experience in Asia, I called you out then as well;  it doesn't bloody matter mate.

Get over yourself, it would make for a better posting experience for me, I wouldn't have to waste my time responding to idiots. 

Apologies to others for the TF. Hopefully those who have something to say can carry on with their interesting comments.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Scooters Soi Bukow was closed today at 5.30PM......Make of that what you will.......

This picture was taken today(what time??) (not by me) of the Scooters on Soi 6....And it looks like the Scooters on Soi 6 is now closed.....

Close on Mon Tue and Wed.......been going on for a few weeks now m8, open( for what good it does them)

Thur Fri Sat Sun........

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Relax, 

Dont wind yourself up for nothing.... 

- you know I have more experience in Thailand than most on here. With a real job, managing Thai staff, kids in school, etc ....

- i am not slagging off Ghai. You'll find posts by me on Indo and China. Just stating facts

- I am not getting wound up, just can't understand the thinking of some. And dont start me on those who cry on the past "GFE" ....hell, paying a pro for her to pretend to be a "girlfriend" ...

- I am not drunk, not grumpy

- Take of your shiny armor, and remember "answer the subject of the post, not the poster" .

I think Horizondave has a point, I personally think you sound like one GRUMPY OLD FART 

On 2/11/2019 at 12:35 PM, john luke said:

20190211-20190211-IMG_0367.jpg

A new arrangement between Scooters and the new owners of Secrets (but you already knew that.). Soi Buakhao branch posted above.

20190211-20190211-IMG_0366.jpg

Pook Plaza in Soi Buakhao.  Not new unless you have not been here for a couple of years.

20190211-20190211-IMG_0375.jpg

20190211-20190211-IMG_0374.jpg

Beer Hub - located on the edge of Tree Town.  Very recently opened.

20190211-20190211-IMG_0377.jpg

20190211-20190211-IMG_0378.jpg

Pagoda Guest House and House Bar.  Recently converted from a Financial Advice Centre (which almost disappeared overnight) to a bar/accommodation complex.

20190211-20190211-IMG_0376.jpg

Chunky Monkey Soi Buakhao.  Recently opened believed owned by the original owner of Robin's Nest.

20190211-20190211-IMG_0360.jpg

This place on Beach Road is also fairly new.

I remember tripping over the hoses walking by there when they were laying the tile when I lived on Soi 13. Never went in though.

15 hours ago, fforest said:

Even more so now .....5-6 months ago I saw a fair number of younger looking farang in Pattaya....Now I hardly ever see younger guys here...There are still a "few" youngins kicking around but their numbers get smaller all the time...

If I had to guess I would say over 50 farangs outnumber the under 50 farangs  100 to 1.......

Other than on work permits I would think most of the under 50's would have no reason (or visa) to be in Thailand.

Sounds like it is getting back to the late 80's/90's when most visitors were over 50.  Not sure the entertainment is matching what was available back in the 80s/90's although sounds like some good prices to be had if the need arises for those still on the look out.

If you still have some good mates around you I am sure you guys are getting by.

18 hours ago, Washedup said:

The younger generation and their children will paying off covid debt for the rest of their lives 

They will revolt, total disconnect between the youth who expect everything to be handed to them and the older population who grafted for what they got. Going to be a rough ride the next decade or two.

• Like 4

I have heard it has closed during COVID-19
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Esco said:

Que sera, sera. 

Was at a funeral last Friday ........ they played this at the cremation ....... Doris Day what a great song ...... I mean wonderful song .... Dean Martin sung it to but Doris Day oh my God ..... wonderful.