Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Never going to happen unless you are speaking of Xmas 2021 and tew years 2022

Sadly, that is an odds on certainty.

However, you will be pleased to know that "Robinsons" shopping center in Mae Sot were setting up a display of Christmas trees for sale yesterday. I think that is the height of optimism ( or stupidity) as I am one of the very few farlangs semi resident in the town and I think zero chance I will be a purchaser.

Have they started playing "Slade" in the big Tesco's in Pattaya yet?

I am back on Monday so maybe check for myself. 🤣

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 6:27 PM, Washedup said:

@Blue Streak do you think they could be a slim chance for tourists for Christmas and New year? Im thinking countrys with low infection rates Or I'm I being way to optimistic 

Yes China, but I cant see any western countries until Feb 2021 when there is a vaccine available.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2020 at 9:35 PM, misteregg said:

I have heard that Dolls on Walking Street will only open Thurs, Friday and Saturday.

Wasn't open last night, will check tonight and apparently your first drink in the L K Metro

establishment is free......I bet there will be some pressure or the beer is back to 150......lol.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Wasn't open last night, will check tonight and apparently your first drink in the L K Metro

establishment is free......I bet there will be some pressure or the beer is back to 150......lol.....

L K Metro closed tonight W/S branch open......

I heard that if they don’t get enough girls turn up, even in a weekend, they don’t open.
Not sure how true that is.

1 hour ago, Blue Streak said:

A quick whiz down Soi Honey ..late afternoon today, not really my cup of tea these types of bar

but the top maybe 8 by Soi Buakhao have a few bodies about. the rest of the Soi as you will see is a few

massage joints and the odd deserted bar open....enjoy.....

001a.jpg

004a.jpg

006a.jpg

008a.jpg

009a.jpg

010a.jpg

011a.jpg

Walked down that Soi many times , only places I've ever stopped are Retox and Honey Body Massage 

• Like 1

I drove into Pattaya last early evening from Bangsaray on route to visit Phil in Le Pub.  Out of habit I parked in the Temple car park and counted the cars -  6 including mine. On returning two and a half hours later the total has risen to 10.

I drove back to Bangsaray at 10.30 to find that the town had closed whilst I was away. The soi which has mostly bars and restaurants still had a number of venues open but I could not see one single customer.

Expats do not seem to go out of a Tuesday! :default_biggrin:

Or a Monday, apparently.

Meeting up with friends on Thursday for an Indian buffet but not anticipating the need to book a table!

Going to stay in Soi Bukhou for a couple of nights at the weekend and do a tour of (mostly) the  "clubs" which I am assuming will be reasonably weekend busy as usual.

They can get very naughty.

We shall see.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

The money exchange booth next to the Soi Bukow market seems to have closed.....This WAS one of the most busy money exchanges in Pattaya....

I was using the ATM today across the street....I was kind of shocked that it was closed....

28045.jpg

28046.jpg

Edited by fforest

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Owner of Runway is refitting Friendly Bar and hopes to open mid-December with the new name, Paparazzi Bar. He's also going to give livestreaming a try in the new bar.

I'm eager to hear the TGs pronounce Paparazzi! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Owner of Runway is refitting Friendly Bar and hopes to open mid-December with the new name, Paparazzi Bar. He's also going to give livestreaming a try in the new bar.

Opening December.....Good idea!.....You can never open to early to be ready for tourist, returning at some undetermined future date.....

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Opening December.....Good idea!.....You can never open to early to be ready for tourist, returning at some undetermined future date.....

To be fair l he has popular threads running on PA , from the buying of the bars , renovating them , the ideas behind it etc as well as updates ... when things do open up:he will be ahead of the game imho 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I spent quite a bit of time in Runway last Jan/Feb and met both of the blokes that run it.

it was perfect,y situated for me,on my walk from the golf club,to Page 10.

They are doing an excellent job there,and I have no doubt they will limp through this tough time and come out the other end,not unscathed,but certainly in decent shape.

They have a few real cagey veterans working there,who are fun to drink with and most importantly,the bar is always very clean and in good shape.

They are the standout on Soi Honey,and that little Soi is /was slowly transforming into a great place to stop and have a few.

With most of my old watering holes,either gone or sold,I will certainly be spending more time there.

Harry Brown from PA,and I were there almost everyday,to start our evening.

They will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

To be fair l he has popular threads running on PA , from the buying of the bars , renovating them , the ideas behind it etc as well as updates ... when things do open up:he will be ahead of the game imho 

They certainly will,with excellent leases in place and I real steady as she goes attitude towards the biz.

Be fine.

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Have to be prepared and able to get through at least the next 12 months without drawing any money from the business.

The first 12 months is invariably about survival for any new business and that is in a normal year and not one being decimated world wide by the effects of Covid19.

It would appear many venues are hanging on until Christmas/New Year but without the "usual" high season tourists arriving how can things improve?

The only light at the end of the tunnel is the possibility of Thailand dramatically relaxing the draconian restrictions on tourism once the vaccines start getting rolled out. That will require them to accept the fact that vaccines will never totally eradicate Covid19 which is with us for ever just like influenza.

• Like 1