Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

3 hours ago, Esco said:

What's so new about it other than the clientele? 

Maybe a band or 2 playing Thai music now but the soi itself still looks pretty much the same to me. 

Huge changes have been made if you go have a look. But that said and done I believe it will be even more attractive to tourists once they return, and still plenty of places that will be priced to accomondate the back packer crowd.

• Like 1

One more thing...

You saw the changes that happened in Pattaya in the last 20 y ? 

Huge malls, HiSo hotels etc ....

Do you think those things target the sexpat ? No, they target the new clientele. Being they Chinese or Indians.

But the 60+ sexpat will sooner or later be relegated in a small corner. And pricing will be a part of this strategy. 

Look at the the clubbing and nightscene in BKK, they are all doing pretty. Without farangs.

Check out this guy's channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/BangkokLoveTo

Or ask to @code_slayer_bkk

Just now, Thai Spice said:

One more thing...

Do you think those things target the sexpat ? No, they target the new clientele. Being they Chinese or Indians.

But the 60+ sexpat will sooner or later be relegated in a small corner. And pricing will be a part of this strategy. 

Look at the the clubbing and nightscene in BKK, they are all doing pretty. Without farangs.

I would venture to say Bali has changed even more!

And the big clubs are not doing well in BKG....they might have a good 6 hr run on Fri/Sat night, but sorry the landlord is charging rent 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and the staff gets paid 24 hours a day.

Quite a few very popular places on Soi 11 have closed there doors for good in past few weeks.

15 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

Huge changes have been made if you go have a look. But that said and done I believe it will be even more attractive to tourists once they return, and still plenty of places that will be priced to accomondate the back packer crowd.

I have zero interest in taking a look mate KSR wasn't made for me back then nor is it now. 

Last time I was there I walked through a small soi with lots of small bars and customers on plastic stools. I still saw the same in the video in the parts I bothered watching. 

Just different lipstick on the same pig. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Esco said:

I have zero interest in taking a look mate KSR wasn't made for me back then nor is it now. 

Last time I was there I walked through a small soi with lots of small bars and customers on plastic stools. I still saw the same in the video in the parts I bothered watching. 

You make me laugh...

But up to you as they say.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

I would venture to say Bali has changed even more

Obviously the small, sleepy surfers paradise has changed.

But not comparable with Pattaya. No huge malls here.

But tourist are now Chinese first, aussies relegated, and Indians are following.

Very few Europeans, the flight is long and expensive.

5 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

One more thing...

The Bangkok club scene was never made for farangs in the first place so of course the lack of tourism hasn't affected it as much.

Has absolutely 0 relationship to whats happening in Pattaya which indeed is being revamped, or at least they're trying to revamp it into a regular tourist destination as its always been an eyesore to many Thais and now they've got the opportunity to change that. 

Just now, Esco said:

I have been the KSR exactly 3 times in my 27 years of living in Asia. Not my cup of tea!

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Esco said:

Says the Oracle of Thailand living in excile in Indonesia lol. 

The Oracle has lived / worked 10 y in Thailand. Been married 15 y with a Thai, have 3 kids. And you ?

Lived as well in Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, SGP, HKG.  Total 25 y

Now 3 years in Bali.

So, I think I qualify more than you for "Old Asian Hand"

End of TF. 

Back to crying on the Pattaya bars that closed...😴😴😴😴

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry - but Pattaya is a bombed out war zone. Some exceptions like Terminal 21. 

But really when you are on the ground there you not only see the decimation but actually feel it in your gut. It becomes difficult to fathom where in Dog's name will the money come from to rebuild many of those businesses and neighborhoods. 

Economic scars run deep. Sometimes take decades to recover and attract big investment money. 

Just look at what they call the Rust Belt in the U.S. and the Motor City (Detroit). Town after town after town of old burned out rusty factories still rotting in the sun. Never to return. 

Pattaya was teetering before covid. I just don't see the investment money coming back in the amounts it would be necessary to spruce up the place enough to attract and retain mid scale or hi-so vacationers.

I mean they may be able to slap together some of those chink and ruskie tour groups but 90% of those folks will never return once they see the dust, grim and busted out windows.

The only building going on now has got to be money that was dedicated before the shit hit the fan (example The Base). And even with that money you have to wonder if it was just a wash job, or a write off. Once those projects are finished I find it hard to imagine any new money coming in. 

f**k me, I could be wrong. I hope I am. And Dog bless them if they are going to be able to come up with some big money investors in the years to follow. If they do I tip my hat to their marketing people.

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

The only building going on now has got to be money that was dedicated before the shit hit the fan (example The Base). And even with that money you have to wonder if it was just a wash job, or a write off. Once those projects are finished I find it hard to imagine any new money coming in. 

f**k me, I could be wrong. I hope I am. And Dog bless them if they are going to be able to come up with some big money investors in the years to follow. If they do I tip my hat to their marketing people.

See here 

33 minutes ago, john luke said:

Gent - Could we please keep on topic.  

Thanks.

Apologies for post below JL just seen your comment above ....  mea culpa ...

I do think WS in Pattaya will change massively however.

Boring enough as it is now will get worse I am sure ......

• Like 1