Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 3/11/2019 at 12:07 PM, misteregg said:

Update on the Nice agogo, just seen a doorman on a motorbike speeding away from the bar holding a 65 inch tv. It could just be that it need repairing, but it’s only 10 days old.......

Or could be in lieu of wages lol

• Like 1

I was given duff information.  Never trust a Thai demolition man....

Behind the wall in the avenue.... Mr diy is opening another branch. With the speed they are going, open soon...

20190317_135329.thumb.jpg.0864c4b9efcbb7022c7b7680870b3e4e.jpg

The beauty salon that moved to make way for Mr diy reopens tomorrow 

20190317_135413.thumb.jpg.0a3229ffc6a9ac587a93e25ad54ca45d.jpg

• Thanks 1

When I first read the rumor that they were opening another mini mart I groused that there needs to be a practical store at the mall like a Mr. DIY .... and sure enough that will come true.  

I'm happy that's what's going in there... but I wonder if Mr. DIY is overextending itself.  There's one a short distance away at the Royal Garden Mall and a slightly further distance away at the Harbor Mall and Tuk Com....   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

FIRE ON SOI 15

We 've just had a downpour and thunderstorm. Muggins here was walking along 3rd road, so I popped down soi puddle, nee pothole, and found a place to have a coke light.  Storm was that close that I didn't even get to one when counting between lightening and thunder...

Anyway, downpour finished, so I legged it home, past the flood at the end of lengkee, and the 7-11 with no power and it's alarm screaming...

On soi 15 there were large crowds gathered outside centara and the back of areca lodge.

20190324_164231.thumb.jpg.e722ef72b6f7f206a69d6cf0bfc4cce4.jpg

20190324_164228.thumb.jpg.c59ad55bb8e9e63ace6556807e193db9.jpg

20190324_164227.thumb.jpg.4cf82cb08726ed7841eaa6548d5e0f28.jpg

Sorry, pics really are crap, but I was on max zoom.

The block with korandos in it, all the way around to the new notes, next to So's, is in darkness, as is my beloved food court.

20190324_164540.thumb.jpg.d9ad159d67831914899f76e30d2ea9d0.jpg

Apparently, according to an overheard conversation there was a loud bang and the building shook....

Just been told a section of shops on soi buckhou at the top of 15 is also in darkness.

53 minutes ago, johnpat said:

Mr DIY at the Avenue will open on Sunday March 31 according to signs posted.    It's a big store and a a big win for The Avenue.     Central and T21 have nothing like it.

They have a DIY at tukcom one at Royal Garden and one at Harbor Mall now this one will be number four. I like them I get a lot of little stuff from them but I think  one in Avenue and their thinning out their customer base. Three of those are within a mile of each other oversaturation I think time will tell

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

They have a DIY at tukcom one at Royal Garden and one at Harbor Mall now this one will be number four. I like them I get a lot of little stuff from them but I think  one in Avenue and their thinning out their customer base. Three of those are within a mile of each other oversaturation I think time will tell

Yea, you are right .. time will tell .. but, I am thinking the same .. but, you never know in business ( even with the most detailed planning ) what will stick with the public and what won't ... it is kinda like learning as you go along at times ... just trust your gut ..... I think...

• Like 1

Anything in the Avenue makes it better for me as I usually stay on Soi 13. Finding myself over there (the Avenue) more and more often when in Patts. Tooling around in mid day heat really gets old. Jumping over 2nd Rd. for some stuff at Villa or the drug store, etc. is a breeze.

2 hours ago, misteregg said:

The Old Swiss house Resturant has been bought by the old Carousel bar owners who are turning it into a gogo

So why do they think it is a better location? Or is it the lease is dirt cheap?

I hope they look to see how Nice is doing before spending too much!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, misteregg said:

The Old Swiss house Resturant has been bought by the old Carousel bar owners who are turning it into a gogo

I'd say Soi Diamond is getting a bit overloaded with gogos. I wonder what Tee (Diamond A Go Go) is thinking about it.

12 minutes ago, BarryL said:

shooter

- Was not a gogo
- Did not fail, but was sold as a going concern, that was turning a profit during low season.

Other than that, good post.  Except that you managed to get a one-word bar name wrong.

Edited by Rompho Ray
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2