Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

25 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

- Was not a gogo
- Did not fail, but was sold as a going concern, that was turning a profit during low season.

Other than that, good post.  Except that you managed to get a one-word bar name wrong.

mine not edit

On 4/7/2019 at 7:47 PM, Rompho Ray said:

- Was not a gogo
- Did not fail, but was sold as a going concern, that was turning a profit during low season.

Other than that, good post.  Except that you managed to get a one-word bar name wrong.

Was one of my fav stops Ray , too bad it had to go away.

On 4/8/2019 at 3:47 AM, Rompho Ray said:

- Was not a gogo

Didnt it became a gogo for a short while after you sold it. I cant think of its name.

Went to a few gogos last night and the winner is Teerak on Walking Street near Soi Diamond.   Lots of cute spinners (which are now very hard to find as most gogos seem to employ the larger ladies now).    Last night there were two groups (they call them 'floors') of  models and one of coyotes.    What distinguishes the models from the others is that they dance topless and it costs 200 for a lady drink.   

Insane barfine of 2000 baht  (sadly typical nowdays)  and one girl wanted 3000 ST and 5000 LT.   

Tiny place so you're up close with the ladies.   A good place to watch the show, not so good for takeaway.  

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, Pillow Biter said:

Was one of my fav stops Ray , too bad it had to go away.

Cheers mate.  I think that a couple of simple tweaks would have made a huge difference, but in the end the economy always would have been the deciding factor.

8 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Crazy prices ....

Add a few beers, 2 or 3.drinks to her and you're close to 10k.......

2,500 HKD. FFS ! It's cheaper in HKG 

4,400,000 IDR.... A all night (tourist price) in Kuta is like 1,500,000 max 2,000,000.

22 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I know for a fact gals ( here in Thailand ) will quote you a crazy price is she doesn't want to f**k you ...

Thinking that is more polite than telling you to f**k off because your an ugly old man .. lol

Come on, not you and me....

Ok, maybe in 20 years, but now ? No way ! We're still handsome !

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I know for a fact gals ( here in Thailand ) will quote you a crazy price is she doesn't want to f**k you ...

Now they do it because the Japanese and Korean guys will pay it without blinking an eye ... in fact I think those guys feel better about overpaying because it feeds their ego that they got a real prize they can brag about to their friends.

Just now, johnpat said:

Now they do it because the Japanese and Korean guys will pay it without blinking an eye ... in fact I think those guys feel better about overpaying because it feeds their ego that they got a real prize they can brag about to their friends.

I have always heard that Japanese and Korean guys pay the Thai gals more baht .... I used to think that was another bar gal myth ... I have no proof one way or another ....

33 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I have always heard that Japanese and Korean guys pay the Thai gals more baht .... I used to think that was another bar gal myth ... I have no proof one way or another ....

You see it all the time now.   The asian men pick a girl and she often picks out a friend or two.  The mamsan comes over with a pad of paper or calculator and shows them a number and they just pay it or agree to pay it without negotiating.   They take a few girls to a disco like Hollywood where they drink more and all but one girl is jettisoned with one going to the room with the customer. 

I think they feel if they haggle on the price it will make them look bad in front of their friends.   So they just pay. 

Girls actually get in trouble for accepting less than the "bar rate" and many mamasans want the payment up front so you can't do less unless you meet on their day off.

Gogo pricing has evolved over just a few years from a bargain to something comparable to what the Japanese and Koreans pay at home (which is no bargain).   Evolution is not always successful and in the animal kingdom some species evolved into something that eventually died out.    The gogos have evolved into something requiring  Japanese and Korean customers so they are in danger of dying out if those customers stay away.

I'm speaking of the traditional gogos.  The hands on places are still doing well since you can have some fun for the price of a few drinks.   barfines and ST/LT rates are not so important.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:29 AM, code_slayer_bkk said:

It is over 20 years already since I first heard of the Japanese rule of fours: Four inches, four minutes, four thousand baht.

That was in the time that a BF was 200 baht and I paid one thousand baht LT (plus breakfast if she wanted it, offered in the morning, wasn't mentioned in the deal). And I still stick to the Dutch rule of ones: One foot, one night, one thousand baht 😉

• Haha 1

Gogo report from April 17, two days before the big Songkran day.
It's not a typical gogo night in Pattaya as many regulars are staying away
from nightlife due to the actions of so many that don't realize that
water tossing is supposed to stop at 6pm.

It was just giant water guns on Walking Street last night rather than
buckets of water so it wasn't all that bad for me.

Fahrenheit
  - about half the staff is there.   They are dressed in special Songran
  outfits which look like something your grandmother would be comforable
  wearing.  Not sexy.
  Seats covered in plastic.  They plan to be open on the 19th which I
  think is bad for the staff who have to make it to work (not easy)
  and can't enjoy the big party on the 19th.
  Few customers as compared to a normal evening in the place.  I imagine
  there will be even fewer customers and girls on the 19th.  They should
  close and save on the electric bill.

Dollhouse
  - not many ladies or customers but my favorite was there so I had
  a good time.   They will be closed on the 19th.

Electric Blue
  - reduced number of dancers and none of my three favorites were there.
  My friend found two girls he liked and had a good time with them.

Windmill
   - full but not packed.   Two favorites were there and I had a good time.
   Windmill just does one thing wrong: if you are buying a girl a drink
   and she has to dance then she can't come down and sit with you
   after 5 minutes or so.  She has to stay up there the full 15 to 20 minutes.
   That usually convinces me to leave and go somewhere else.  At  places
   that allow the girl to come down early (like  Dollhouse, Electric Blue,
   Palace, etc) I end up buying a lot more lady drinks and that's what
   the bar's there for.  I'm happier and the bar is happier.
   Are you listening Windmill?

Shark
    They had a good pole show going when we went in.  I haven't seen
    one like that in ages (since years ago at the Queen club).
    There were some cuties but only one girl of the bunch was topless.

Teerak
    This has the best girls in town at the moment.  Young thin nubile
    topless girls .. if you're into such a thing.
    Word has gotten out however.  It's a small place and our group
    could not find a seat.  Packed to the brim.  We even tried twice
    hours apart but packed both times.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Painter I thought you might need a fix of Avenue pics, so this is for you! 🙂

Mr DIY is up and running, but doesn't seem to have many customers. That said, they haven't had many customers at their Royal Garden shop when I've been there either.

1093284465_MrDIY(1).thumb.JPG.56f274766cd481676f25eeea538dd536.JPG

874595757_MrDIY(2).thumb.JPG.a5f2e2027310391aad0fbb87702cd8a6.JPG

Food World, surprisingly, seems to have more active food stalls than I can remember seeing before - despite Pattaya being very quiet.

The coffee stall has moved from the right of the side doorway to the left:

1606264984_Coffeestall.thumb.JPG.616da8a40b4d16f72563f3b07d9383c1.JPG

The central island area is more occupied - with mango/sticky rice being available again, although around the other side:

1368182299_Centralarea(1).thumb.jpg.7871e40f48fad2e4512d4914464cb66a.jpg

2127511216_Centralarea(2).thumb.JPG.2c8b23162171ed2baf8857e82eb1af4c.JPG

These are the stalls around the perimeter:

DSC01045.thumb.JPG.389e74454a17ca2fae38219e47c3d6e2.JPG

DSC01047.thumb.JPG.4f6d88882e273f230c72911e8cd1e464.JPG

This is on the right hand side after entering from Soi 15, where I recall no activity in the past. Some new stalls are starting up - maybe a triple one:

DSC01049.thumb.JPG.785b5d03eb73e6470e88ced44d347d64.JPG

A new banner was being erected outside the Soi 15 entrance this afternoon which, I suspect, is related to the stalls that were being constructed just inside:

Outside.thumb.JPG.9dd5bb2fe479e7a4fb5f5ee64a650952.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bazle said:

@Painter I thought you might need a fix of Avenue pics, so this is for you! 🙂

Mr DIY is up and running, but doesn't seem to have many customers. That said, they haven't had many customers at their Royal Garden shop when I've been there either.

1093284465_MrDIY(1).thumb.JPG.56f274766cd481676f25eeea538dd536.JPG

874595757_MrDIY(2).thumb.JPG.a5f2e2027310391aad0fbb87702cd8a6.JPG

Food World, surprisingly, seems to have more active food stalls than I can remember seeing before - despite Pattaya being very quiet.

The coffee stall has moved from the right of the side doorway to the left:

1606264984_Coffeestall.thumb.JPG.616da8a40b4d16f72563f3b07d9383c1.JPG

The central island area is more occupied - with mango/sticky rice being available again, although around the other side:

1368182299_Centralarea(1).thumb.jpg.7871e40f48fad2e4512d4914464cb66a.jpg

2127511216_Centralarea(2).thumb.JPG.2c8b23162171ed2baf8857e82eb1af4c.JPG

These are the stalls around the perimeter:

DSC01045.thumb.JPG.389e74454a17ca2fae38219e47c3d6e2.JPG

DSC01047.thumb.JPG.4f6d88882e273f230c72911e8cd1e464.JPG

This is on the right hand side after entering from Soi 15, where I recall no activity in the past. Some new stalls are starting up - maybe a triple one:

DSC01049.thumb.JPG.785b5d03eb73e6470e88ced44d347d64.JPG

A new banner was being erected outside the Soi 15 entrance this afternoon which, I suspect, is related to the stalls that were being constructed just inside:

Outside.thumb.JPG.9dd5bb2fe479e7a4fb5f5ee64a650952.JPG

You are too kind, Mr Bazle!

• Haha 1