Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 hour ago, andycoll said:

My gogo friend says that the new owners are the same people that run Panda, and it will be a 'Super' place for the Chinese. Believe it or not. 

I don't get it .... why so many fricking Chinese come to Patts ...I mean they only get about 4.50 thai baht for 1 Renmimbi .... not so compelling from an exchange rate point of view .... unless the Chinese and Thai governments are subsidizing something ( which wouldn't surprise me )

The average salary for a Chinese as about 10,000 RMB per month or about 1,400 - 1,500 USD per month ... f**k me  .. that is NO money annually .... and I am certain that no " hi so" Chinese people are interested in Patts ... more like Paris, NY, SF, London, etc.

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

The water is due to be cutoff most of Wednesday on Walking Street (as part of a very large area of Pattaya).   I wonder what this means for the gogos on Wednesday night.   Certainly some can get water trucked in but there aren't enough trucks for all the gogos and other buildings in that area (I suspect).

FB_IMG_1559546242952.jpg

25 minutes ago, johnpat said:

The water is due to be cutoff most of Wednesday on Walking Street (as part of a very large area of Pattaya).   I wonder what this means for the gogos on Wednesday night.   Certainly some can get water trucked in but there aren't enough trucks for all the gogos and other buildings in that area (I suspect).

Looks to be more than just walkiing street affect but hey... if its yellow let it mellow if its brown flush it down.

Just got a shock. Went to the toilet, flushed and go to wash my hands. No water. Wtf, I thought that was tomorrow. Go downstairs, apparently just the pump needs work.luckily as I am the only person staying here we should have enough water for tomorrow. 

59 minutes ago, Painter said:

Hungry Hippo, related to Chunky Monkey and presumably in competition with it and Cheap Charlie's,  plans to open on June 21st, so a well dressed resource tells me.

Pic next week.

What date is the well dressed resource joining this forum? 

•  Second time's the charm..

They are planning to shutting off the water for real this time on Wednesday. 

What we learned last time is that only residences and businesses which don't have a water tank big enough to supply water for a day will be affected by this..  

1560162752010.jpg

Edited by johnpat
  • Like 2

•  Second time's the charm..
They are planning to shutting off the water for real this time on Wednesday. 
What we learned last time is that only residences and businesses which don't have a water tank big enough to supply water for a day will be affected by this..  
1560162752010.thumb.jpg.49d9af48d2e21ca5da252a53ec9e750e.jpg

Weather predicted tomorrow.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:27 PM, code_slayer_bkk said:

I don't get it .... why so many fricking Chinese come to Patts ...I mean they only get about 4.50 thai baht for 1 Renmimbi .... not so compelling from an exchange rate point of view .... unless the Chinese and Thai governments are subsidizing something ( which wouldn't surprise me )

The average salary for a Chinese as about 10,000 RMB per month or about 1,400 - 1,500 USD per month ... f**k me  .. that is NO money annually .... and I am certain that no " hi so" Chinese people are interested in Patts ... more like Paris, NY, SF, London, etc.

code,

reckon the people are just happy to get out of china for a few days,

bet there still a couple of government watchdogs in each tour group.

regards

grayray

As seen in the news.... the resuming of sending water to most of Pattaya was delayed due to weather.... and now is scheduled to restart at noon today (2.5 hours from now).

I didn't notice any disruption of businesses on Walking Street last night... and my condo has no problem as well.

64199603_2377756075829183_2507099305483960320_n.jpg

62606156_2377755955829195_4133437643331469312_n.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, johnpat said:

As seen in the news.... the resuming of sending water to most of Pattaya was delayed due to weather.... and now is scheduled to restart at noon today (2.5 hours from now).

I didn't notice any disruption of businesses on Walking Street last night... and my condo has no problem as well.

64199603_2377756075829183_2507099305483960320_n.jpg

62606156_2377755955829195_4133437643331469312_n.jpg

If it ain't blue poly then it just ain't plumbing.

The old favorite Supergirls on Soi Diamond is now becoming Angel...

( When the Japanese guys left Supergirl to go to other gogos it started the decline of Walking Street as they brought overpaying to the whole area like a virus...)

20190612_222914.jpg

On 5/30/2019 at 5:27 PM, code_slayer_bkk said:

For many Chinese travelling for the 'first' time Thailand is a preferred destination. Close to home, short travelling time, not overly expensive etc.

Importantly most in this demographic are those who having been lifted out of poverty and now entered the 'middle class' and are able to afford to travel.

They are not on average income or even median incomes but are better situated and can afford to start to see a bit more of the world, initially in groups - better deals and most if not all organised for them. 

Still don't think Thailand business operators are making that much from them - but Thais want the much bigger benefits that more Chinese tourism 'promises'.

Maybe such promises will be for-filled, but it will be at a price I reckon.

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1