Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

9 minutes ago, Fredx58 said:

As mentioned the pig and whistle now closed and up for rent 

A857F35B-97C9-4D8C-9300-F463AF58EAD4.jpeg

2C3A92BA-609F-41C6-BBFE-0307A127C31F.jpeg

So is business that bad or has it closed due medical issues with owner.  Sounds like the lowest of the low might just be making some think of cashing in and moving on to pastures new and those pastures may be out of Pattaya.

Fact is the demographic of Pattaya has changed, the tourist board is promoting holidays for quality tourists, Chinese, Indians etc and maybe the normal sex tourist is not only be forsaken he is having difficulty in affording what was once his natural holiday oasis.

There are plenty of tourists with oodles of money to keep the go gos open but there are also hundreds of bars that rely on foot traffic for their core business and that is a market segment that appears to be struggling.  Also if rents keep going up (and Thais don't like to take less than they got before) then it is inevitable that, although still presently a good holiday for the single male, the places that he can indulge in for a good time will shrink. I doubt there are many bar owners who can continue to pay wages to employees out of their own pocket when he isn't taking money he can put in the till to cover all operating costs.

Personally I like what Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore offer as their evening's entertainment but then again I don't need to be in a bar full of available companions, my needs have changed.

Plenty of guys here still booking their holidays to Pattaya so they are still seeing it as a great destination although maybe where they drink and negotiate for companionship are still busy businesses that have innovated or just placed in good locations.

• Like 3

The remodel  in front of The Avenue is nearly done.  They still have to install a new sign.

They replaced the elevated walkway and fake stones and grass with a giant concrete slab.  They textured part of it to look like wood and another part to look like tile.    At least that should make it less slippery when it rains.

Now there's more room for the night market that's starts when the sun goes down.

20190615_083132.jpg

20190615_083139.jpg

20190615_083200.jpg

20190615_083222.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

I took the following pics  on and around Soi Buakhao Wednesday last week between 4.00 and 6.00 p.m., so some could be out of date by now. 

Seems like a lot of work is yet to be done before the Hungry Hippo begins operation.

IMG_0212.jpg

Rich Bar has been closed for about six weeks,  but there was renovation activity going on inside.

IMG_0214.jpg

Nothing much seemed to be happening at the former Butchers Arms.

IMG_0211.jpg

The premises of the former Lone StarTexas Grill on Soi Lengkee were looking very abandoned.  I wonder what became of the cigar store Indians that stood outside?

IMG_0215.jpg

There was one person working inside the former Blue Heeler Bar, also on Lengkee.

IMG_0216.jpg

If I remember right, these used to be fruit and juice stands across the street from what's now Cheap Charlie's on Soi Buakhao.

IMG_0220.jpg

The never-ending water drainage project at the R-Con curve on Buakhao.

IMG_0209.jpg

Installation of pipes to bury cables on Pattaya Klang between 2nd and 3rd Roads was winding down.  

IMG_0223.jpg

A few days ago, traffic on Klang had been reduced to one lane in each direction, with traffic at a standstill in the late afternoon.  In the past week or so,  I saw similar pipe replacement projects on 2nd Road south of Klang and on sections of Soi Buakhao.

Evil

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Nothing much seemed to be happening at the former Butchers Arms.

IMG_0211.jpg

New canopy overhead and street side rail/shelves, and I just saw a pic in another thread with a new sign since this pic.  Now to be called The Player's Arms.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:41 AM, johnpat said:

The remodel  in front of The Avenue is nearly done.  They still have to install a new sign.

They replaced the elevated walkway and fake stones and grass with a giant concrete slab.  They textured part of it to look like wood and another part to look like tile.    At least that should make it less slippery when it rains.

Now there's more room for the night market that's starts when the sun goes down.

20190615_083132.jpg

20190615_083139.jpg

20190615_083200.jpg

20190615_083222.jpg

That intersection is home central for me, usually.

IMG_0793.jpg

This kind of amused me.  Prime Burger; is next door to a McDonalds the best place to open a Burger Bar?

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

The Hungry Hippo is progressing.

IMG_0797.jpg

Tree Town appears to be disintegrating; I wonder how long it will remain as a site.

IMG_0798.jpg

• Like 1

A well dressed gentleman has told me hungry hippo is due to open on July 1st... it was going to be earlier but they have had paperwork issues.

He sent me pics of the menu, but being a computer ignoramus I dont know how to get them off line and onto here easily. 

note to self.... take own pics when next passing...

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

He sent me pics of the menu, but being a computer ignoramus I dont know how to get them off line and onto here easily.

Thank goodness for that - it's 23 pages long!

Here's a link to it on line:

https://hungryhippopattaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/9397_HIPPO-MENUnew.pdf

And the home page with some specials.

https://hungryhippopattaya.com/

trivia question:  What's the last new gogo that opened on the beach side of Walking Street that still lasts until today?    

People keep trying to open new gogos on the beach side only (apparently) to learn that they can't get a license and fail.... at least that's what been written on the forums.

So there must be a last gogo that go in before the moratorium started.

And no I don't know the answer.   Maybe Taboo....

Having had a fabulous foot massage, I was intending to wander south along soi buckhou taking pics of  the various building works.

Unfortunately the heavens opened, and as my miss wet tshirt look is, frankly, ugly, I rushed back dripping to the condo. Even the massage and bar girls stopped calling this drowned rat hansum and sexy and laughed....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2