Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 6/24/2019 at 7:34 PM, KWA said:

Thank goodness for that - it's 23 pages long!

Here's a link to it on line:

https://hungryhippopattaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/9397_HIPPO-MENUnew.pdf

And the home page with some specials.

https://hungryhippopattaya.com/

That menu looks familiar!  :default_071:     I guess the buyers of the Chunky Monkey didn't ask Robin to sign a non-competition agreement.  🤣

A couple of pages to illustrate. 

hhippo-1.jpg

PAge-2.jpg

Untitled-1ddd.jpg

When the Chunky Monkey first opened, the food was pretty good, but went downhill fast.  I wonder if the same will happen with the Hippo, which has plenty of competition in the Soi Bukhao area at the low-price end of the restaurant scale.  The only way it can succeed is to take customers away from other restaurants.  There's simply not enough butts in town, hippo- or monkey-sized, to fill all the seats.  Let's hope the Hungry Hippo succeeds in dishing up decent food at low prices on a long-term basis.  Good luck, Robin! 

default_Cross_Fingers.gif

Evil

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Things must be the tough. Used to do a roaring trade in the late afternoon.

It was a family-owned-and-operated bar that had been going since 2001 with a strong Danish angle.  I believe the original owners sold it to another Danish bar owner.  I don't know if it will re-open as Rich Bar or under a new name.  It was in need of renovation.  Here's a pic from Facebook of the closing party at the end of April.

closing-party.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

That menu looks familiar!  :default_071:     I guess the buyers of the Chunky Monkey didn't ask Robin to sign a non-competition agreement.  🤣

A couple of pages to illustrate. 

hhippo-1.jpg

PAge-2.jpg

Untitled-1ddd.jpg

When the Chunky Monkey first opened, the food was pretty good, but went downhill fast.  I wonder if the same will happen with the Hippo, which has plenty of competition in the Soi Bukhao area at the low-price end of the restaurant scale.  The only way it can succeed is to take customers away from other restaurants.  There's simply not enough butts in town, hippo- or monkey-sized, to fill all the seats.  Let's hope the Hungry Hippo succeeds in dishing up decent food at low prices on a long-term basis.  Good luck, Robin! 

default_Cross_Fingers.gif

Evil

Taken 1530 today. 

20190629_153533.jpg

Spot the deliberate mistake...

20190629_153621.jpg

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

It was a family-owned-and-operated bar that had been going since 2001 with a strong Danish angle.  I believe the original owners sold it to another Danish bar owner.  I don't know if it will re-open as Rich Bar or under a new name.  It was in need of renovation.  Here's a pic from Facebook of the closing party at the end of April.

closing-party.jpg

1530 today

20190629_153706.jpg

Need more space? That soi was too wide anyway...

20190629_153720.jpg

1 hour ago, Lanzalad said:

I've just seen this on FB

Cant believe it..

cherry.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

Wow used to eat there regularly although the last time I was there I really was not impressed with the offering.  Sad though.

Are people really getting out, is there something in the air as there seems to be a lot of closures around town..

The food court at the Second Road end of the basement of Central Festival mall will be closing today.

20190630_150048.jpg

20190630_150116.jpg

It is moving / has moved to the Beach Road end, next to Micky D's.

20190630_145851.jpg

I suspect a larger area will be open shortly than is currently the case.

20190630_145939.jpg