Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Not really surprised but I am not a lover of the Windmill, don't like it's offering, how small it is in terms of trying to squeeze into a seat and the fact that, for me, the majority of the girls look a little young and fresh for my liking.

I know the majority of guys like girls naked but I love nothing more than girls in bikinis or coyote girls, I know I am probably alone in that view.

I never really cared for the place. I guess I got spoiled with Babydolls. 

Also, that last time I was in there the placed smelled nasty and the AC worked like shit (But I think they've fixed that).

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Issues at some Thai bars on Third Road a few nights ago as well. Not as serious, but at least they are spreading the joy around town and not just targeting only places farangs frequent.

Pattaya Police inspect three local bars after resident complaints, find multiple problems

Thai police inspected three bars in the Third Road area of Pattaya this morning, July 2nd, 2019 around 2:00 AM after a tip from a concerned citizen that they were open past the legal sales time and disturbing nearby residents with loud noise and rowdy patrons....

raid5.jpg

https://thepattayanews.com/2019/07/02/pattaya-police-inspect-three-local-bars-after-resident-complaints-find-multiple-problems/

I find this statement kind of odd in the article ~ "after a tip from a concerned citizen" Damn, that's one hellava a concerned citizen to have 3 bars nicked. Hmm

I was out last night.   Folks at the Windmill told me about the police raid the previous night and how a manager and mamsan were taken away  as well as an under 20 dancer.  However it was business as usual last night at the Windmill.   in the past closure orders take  a while to happen.. it could be that something will come of this raid in the days to come.

I found that Electric Blue was also raided that same night but I don't think any  staff were hauled away.   Last night the ladies were wearing bikini tops and skirts.... nothing showing..    As a result there were just a few customers unlike a normal Friday night..   

Then I went to a gogo on Walking Street near the police stand and the girls were topless and bouncing up an down on customers doing lap dances.

The inconsistency of the rules here is amazing.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

Looking on hotels.com for accommodation and came across what (to me) was a new entry for Jolly's, but in entirely the wrong place in amongst Sutus Court entries (the blue marker).

Capture.JPG

It was getting some work done when I was there last in May/June, but seems to have had a lot more done going by the pictures.

Capture.JPG

Lots more photos at this link if it works.

https://uk.hotels.com/ho1195661184/?q-check-out=2019-12-08&FPQ=1&q-check-in=2019-12-07&WOE=7&WOD=6&q-room-0-children=0&tab=description&JHR=1&q-room-0-adults=2&YGF=14&MGT=1&ZSX=0&SYE=3

7 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Just seen this in FB:-

Steak & Co and Smoking Joes up for sale.
The exodus continues

its not been a good year for the roses here.  and we can only expect similar for a while.  those who have been prudent, or have other incomes will survive.  but for many it will be curtains.  one minute a place is up for 5mill,next minute the inventory is on sale somewhere for a pittance.

good time to buy furniture and equipment and then wait a while.. for bukau central to take on a new look

19 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

Cafe Racer, is closed

Never heard of it mate ..... f**k me we're a cheerful lot on here all these closures mind you 38 Baht to the £ doing my head in but I've just booked two flights so ........

Hope all is well down your way with your lovely Mrs .......... keep on cooking up a  storm mate ...... and England cricket World Cup :default_drinks:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Never heard of it mate ..... f**k me we're a cheerful lot on here all these closures mind you 38 Baht to the £ doing my head in but I've just booked two flights so ........

Hope all is well down your way with your lovely Mrs .......... keep on cooking up a  storm mate ...... and England cricket World Cup :default_drinks:

Small bar in LK , never drunk in it myself 

https://m.facebook.com/caferacerpattaya/

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

Cafe Racer, is closed

Right across from Billabong and on the Irover side of the soi. Sat in there last March, bunch of nice ladies and a good atmosphere. Only about 2 years old. also say that Time Bar is for sale again. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Just seen this in FB:-

Steak & Co and Smoking Joes up for sale.
The exodus continues

Well they use to have some pretty good/well priced, daily specials there but they did away with them a few years ago....

I am sure they have great steak there( never ate steak there myself) But Soi Lenki is ground zero for cheap charlies so I can see how it could be a challenging environment for a high end steak house... 

Edited by fforest

7 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Me neither but remember sitting outside at Irovers watching the cricket back in January and Cafe Racer was next door. It was reasonably busy with a few good looking girls.

Have drunk in their twice, busy both times. It's a Scooters style bar with a more varied playlist- quite enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Massive venue. Absolutely bonkers in this climate. Be closed within a year. Shame as he seems like a nice geezer.

I think this could be a good time for him to start a business, may have got a good deal on rents in this climate and can get the bar up and running and ready for the high season , he already has a ready made customer base from his youtube channel ( his meet ups and parties look busy ) and can advertise and market to his 8000+ subscribers - hope he does well 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I think this could be a good time for him to start a business, may have got a good deal on rents in this climate and can get the bar up and running and ready for the high season , he already has a ready made customer base from his youtube channel ( his meet ups and parties look busy ) and can advertise and market to his 8000+ subscribers - hope he does well 

Really? European visitors down 30%. Baht expected to appreciate further. How often do his visitors visit Thailand? Seems like a nice guy, hope he does well, but he will be lucky to last a year or two.