Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

48 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I think this could be a good time for him to start a business, may have got a good deal on rents in this climate and can get the bar up and running and ready for the high season , he already has a ready made customer base from his youtube channel ( his meet ups and parties look busy ) and can advertise and market to his 8000+ subscribers - hope he does well 

Bet most of his followers/subscribers are dreamers who have never been to Thailand.

Might get a few visitors but with everywhere else struggling he will need a miracle to survive in cheap charlie central.

• Like 4

I could never, ever see me opening any kind of business in Thailand, nevermind a bar/gogo etc, where you have to factor so many things, both legal and illegal.

There's far, far too many variables and I value my sanity more than that.

Fair play to those who do, who do it properly, try their hardest, do their homework, due diligence, business plan,  have a realistic understanding of the place, what's required to make it work, if they can at all.

Then you also get the 'living the dream', buy a bar, it'll be easy, wee buns. And I suppose also the laundry numbers. That's always happened,  and bars/Clubs etc have always changed hands. 

But when Pattaya institutions have closed, or thinking of closing, it tells you this year is a bit different ...

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Bet most of his followers/subscribers are dreamers who have never been to Thailand.

Might get a few visitors but with everywhere else struggling he will need a miracle to survive in cheap charlie central.

Can't see it working. Big venue means he is going to need plenty of bums on seats. If the boomerang is struggling you know it is quiet. He's mental opening up in this climate. Big risk. I sincerely hope it takes off but if he is banking on the success coming off the back of his YouTube subscribers he is f***d.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

I could never, ever see me opening any kind of business in Thailand, nevermind a bar/gogo etc, where you have to factor so many things, both legal and illegal.

There's far, far too many variables and I value my sanity more than that.

Fair play to those who do, who do it properly, try their hardest, do their homework, due diligence, business plan,  have a realistic understanding of the place, what's required to make it work, if they can at all.

Then you also get the 'living the dream', buy a bar, it'll be easy, wee buns. And I suppose also the laundry numbers. That's always happened,  and bars/Clubs etc have always changed hands. 

But when Pattaya institutions have closed, or thinking of closing, it tells you this year is a bit different ...

Phil at Le Pub is a prime example of someone who knows what he is doing when it comes to running a bar.How to promote it and keep punters returning.

The days of anyone buying a bar and making a living are long gone,well over 10 years ago.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

That will keep a few wankers happy.

Well I hope not. Alex been there a long time. Always a friendly welcome and a good place to drink.

No doubt it is tough for a lot of business operators now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Phil at Le Pub is a prime example of someone who knows what he is doing when it comes to running a bar.How to promote it and keep punters returning.

The days of anyone buying a bar and making a living are long gone,well over 10 years ago.

It's all about the girls. If you have them and can get replacements you can survive. And thats not easy.

Edited by farangme
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I think this could be a good time for him to start a business, may have got a good deal on rents in this climate and can get the bar up and running and ready for the high season , he already has a ready made customer base from his youtube channel ( his meet ups and parties look busy ) and can advertise and market to his 8000+ subscribers - hope he does well 

Have you ever dealt with Thai landlords? They don't do deals, no matter how long the property has been empty. They increase prices.

You need girls and unless you have the contacts His subscribers wont stay for long. Crazy time to open a bar in Pattaya.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, farangme said:

Well I hope not. Alex been there a long time. Always a friendly welcome and a good place to drink.

Always enjoyed Alex's company.Shame he was not a bit more laid back on his forum as he is in the bar.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Always enjoyed Alex's company.Shame he was not a bit more laid back on his forum as he is in the bar.

He's a people person He loves conversation. 

Anyhow, wish Him all the best I've known Him since Black's Bar in Soi 7. Difficult time's ahead for many. We were hoping to return but I'd be nuts to risk a lot of cash there in this present climate. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, farangme said:

It's all about the girls. If you have them and can get replacements you can survive. And thats not easy.

Trouble is girls don't really need to work the bars now,can line up punters online or work a regular job and see some in their spare time.

They hold the ace cards now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, galenkia said:

Trouble is girls don't really need to work the bars now,can line up punters online or work a regular job and see some in their spare time.

They hold the ace cards now.

Correct. Social media started to destroy the Pattaya experience, long before the X rate. But now, it just ain't worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, farangme said:

Cracking fella. Always goes round for round. Compare him to the snide wee wankers in the nightwish group hustling drinks off prostitutes and lads for a 30b commission.

31 minutes ago, farangme said:

Have you ever dealt with Thai landlords? They don't do deals, no matter how long the property has been empty. They increase prices.

You need girls and unless you have the contacts His subscribers wont stay for long. Crazy time to open a bar in Pattaya.

I've heard some of the rental prices on property in Pattaya. Eye watering to say the least. You would be mental mate to go back there and open a business in this climate, even with your business skills and her cooking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, farangme said:

Friendly? he told me that if I ever set foot in his bar he would bottle me.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:25 PM, galenkia said:

👍

On 7/13/2019 at 8:50 PM, dcfc2007 said:

Big venue means he is going to need plenty of bums on seats.

Looks like just a single shop house so not so big, unless there's something special upstairs?

On 7/14/2019 at 3:53 AM, galenkia said:

Was out and about in Pattaya Friday night and we decided to make a point of visiting Alex at the Rockhouse. Just one problem - No Alex.

Went to see Ricky instead. I recall buying some very naughty female a couple of LD's followed by a tequila and she promptly rushed to the toilet and threw up. That's 340 baht she flushed down the bog! 🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KWA said:

Looks like just a single shop house so not so big, unless there's something special upstairs?

Said in his video he is planning to have three floors of a bar. First one will be opening soon and the second in a few months.

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Said in his video he is planning to have three floors of a bar. First one will be opening soon and the second in a few months.

That would explain it.  But who goes upstairs in a shop house bar unless there's  something very "special" there?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, KWA said:

That would explain it.  But who goes upstairs in a shop house bar unless there's  something very "special" there?

IIRC he's planning it to be almost like a club playing dance music from the days of the hacienda, creamfields etc. Big old value will need more staff and therefore will have more overheads. That means he needs more customers. Big risk when European customers are thin on the ground. A lot of the young guys that are in to that sort of music will be on gear and don't tend to buy as many drinks.

• Thumbs Up 1

My landlord did a deal with me on Saturday.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1