Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

35 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Assienda used to be a laundrette, so not that big.

Agree, not that big. It's a single shop house, so fixed overhead costs will be less than a double.

Previously mentioned was the need for more staff. That can be a variable cost depending on customer traffic.

His nearby neighbor, Infinity, on the other hand has a nicely kitted out double shop house. Unfortunately I never see more than a couple of customers in his place. Tougher nut to crack with his higher fixed overhead cost.

Wish them both well. In time I expect customer traffic and business to pick up on Soi Pothole. The 1 million baht question is how many of the bars will be able to survive until that happens.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Agree, not that big. It's a single shop house, so fixed overhead costs will be less than a double.

Previously mentioned was the need for more staff. That can be a variable cost depending on customer traffic.

His nearby neighbor, Infinity, on the other hand has a nicely kitted out double shop house. Unfortunately I never see more than a couple of customers in his place. Tougher nut to crack with his higher fixed overhead cost.

Wish them both well. In time I expect customer traffic and business to pick up on Soi Pothole. The 1 million baht question is how many of the bars will be able to survive until that happens.

Think Nightwish Group now have four Bars on that Soi 

• Like 1

I'm not 100% on this list is may not have been updated:-

Current Bar List – 24 Bars

Soi 6

Mods Bar
Sexy in the city
Offshore bar
Foxy bar
Kawaii bar
Butterfly bar
Where Angel’s play
Horny bar
Pussy club
Nature bar
Play pen
Night wish bar
Toy box
Passion
Seduction
Envy
Wrath
Avarice
TBA

Soi Chaiyaboon

Orange
Anny
Blue bar

Soi Bongkok 8

Jclub
Club sin

Note: Bunny Club Has Been Sold

• Great Info 1

8 hours ago, misteregg said:

My landlord did a deal with me on Saturday.

Keep him in fondue and Swiss cow bells ???? 

I love a good fondue ...(its melted foreign cheese yow Brummie).

Brexit  going well ........mind you EU bullying Swiss is pissing me off ........ keep up young man ... :default_drinks:........ what was the last ball of the World Cup like ???

I cried and was on my knees and then drank two bottles of champagne with daughter and young lads etc ... 

• Like 1

The redone Food Park on the lower level of Central Festival:

IMG_0333.jpg

It's slicker, more comfortable and has a better layout than its hugely popular predecessor.  I took these photos at about 8.30 p.m. on Sunday, July 14.  The Food Park was busy, but there were plenty of seats available.  The old Food Park was often rammed, even in low season.

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

It's also more expensive.  I couldn't see any Thai dishes for 45-50 baht; the cheapest seemed to be 90 baht.

IMG_0334.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

The space that housed the old Food Park is still under wraps, but the ads that block off the construction indicate it will be food oriented.

IMG_0346.jpg

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 4
  • Great Info 1

The notice put up at the old Food Park said it was being renovated. 

2019-07-16 10.40.13.jpg

The traders that were there don't seem to be at the new area. Also, the old cash cards cannot be used at the new area. 

This leads me to think that there will be two Food Parks there within the next few months. 

7 hours ago, Bazle said:

The traders that were there don't seem to be at the new area. Also, the old cash cards cannot be used at the new area. 

This leads me to think that there will be two Food Parks there within the next few months. 

That is very possible, considering how busy the old Food Park always was.  But they must be putting some sort of new twist on it; otherwise, it wouldn't  be closed for such a long time.

Evil

So if you owned a food court that was jam packed busy every day.....What would you want to change about it?....Me I would not want to change anything...

I bet they will be making some modest changes but sneaking in some price increases ......

I only ever bought the Cow-mon-guy and that has been 50 baht like forever.....So I will be watching this price....

22 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just googled it , on the Dark Side ,Soi Khan Talo ..... I assume most of their customers are expats ? 

Legendary place mate. Surprised you don't know it ..about half way up the hill or mild incline as I call it. 

Bit like Secrets back in the day used to be packed with lovelies and beer was super cold. 

Tommy Dee did predict would be loads more ....he was right. 

1 minute ago, nampla69 said:

Legendary place mate. Surprised you don't know it ..about half way up the hill or mild incline as I call it. 

Bit like Secrets back in the day used to be packed with lovelies and beer was super cold. 

Tommy Dee did predict would be loads more ....he was right. 

I don't think I've ever been to the dark side ....

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

I don't think I've ever been to the dark side ....

Used to be great ......... honestly some cracking places ......... and some lovely bars out by Lake Maprachan and over where all the wealthy Mods on here live in Pong.

Must admit I don't go there much anymore ...clamp down every worse than in usual haunts. Met guys lost fortunes over on the Darkside minor infringement of rules etc 

One good thing no Night Wish crap yet ...... they'll probably buy the Booze Lounge

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Only time I've been on the dark side was when Plaka had just started his bar there, and I wanted to go and give some support, as he's a nice guy and was doing all the Admin stuff on Pattaya Live a that time, which was then the only Forum I used to use. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Here's another for sale via FB

2.png

Nice bar inside. Good Aircon and good drinks prices but I would imagine it relies heavily on expats who's budgets are taking an absolute hammering with the strengthening of the baht.