Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

• 3 weeks later...

Remember my post about Tequila Sunrise in Jomtein?

It never re-opened He sold it and new owner looking to sell.

I warned people what the kitchen was like. The cheap Charlie brigade loved it and He managed to pump and dump it by selling give away food.

I hope the people who ate there every day are not feeling queasy!  

And this wasn't Thais that did this. The English owner did all the cooking.

TSun1.jpg

Tsun2.jpg

Tsun3.jpg

Tsun4.jpg

Tsun5.jpg

Tsun6.jpg

Tsun7.jpg

Edited by farangme
  • Sad 4
  • Surprised 2

4 hours ago, john luke said:

The former Rich Bar is in the process of being refurbished.

20191009-20191009-IMG_0417.jpg

20191009-20191009-IMG_0418.jpg

The old sign still up.

Here's the latest on social media:-

This saturday Oct 12th my Restaurant in Soi buakhao Food Factory has a grand opening! From 9-15 h we have a huge international&english Buffet. 5pm-8:30pm there will be a great international bufett and some Thai dishes a la carte. Everybody is very Welcome to come by

71751707_488351715228407_6135038161572593664_o.jpg

71815287_488351675228411_4661729937978294272_n.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, farangme said:

Remember my post about Tequila Sunrise in Jomtein?

It never re-opened He sold it and new owner looking to sell.

I warned people what the kitchen was like. The cheap Charlie brigade loved it and He managed to pump and dump it by selling give away food.

I hope the people who ate there every day are not feeling queasy!  

And this wasn't Thais that did this. The English owner did all the cooking.

TSun1.jpg

Tsun2.jpg

Tsun3.jpg

Tsun4.jpg

Tsun5.jpg

Tsun6.jpg

Tsun7.jpg

Can't believe anyone was stupid enough to buy it as a "going concern" after seeing the kitchen 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Can't believe anyone was stupid enough to buy it as a "going concern" after seeing the kitchen 

Totally agree. Madness.

That soi's very hard work. We were there for a while and decided to call it a day. Not because lack of custom, our customers called in for deliveries. Couldn't get reliable Thai staff and after my bike was smashed up and three of them left, it was time to say OK.

Used to buy a beer in Tequila quite regularly but after His cashier warned us about the kitchen, it was only a beer.

In the great exchange rate times somewhere like this could do very well. But not anymore. just throwing your money away these days. 

• Great Info 1

25 minutes ago, misteregg said:

f**k me that kitchen is bad.
I know many Thai owners don’t care about the state of areas customers can’t see, but this is a disgrace.
Wish Firth would comment on this as he is a professional chef.

You don't need to be a Chef to comment on that disgrace mate.

It's a complete shit hole, end of.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

2 hours ago, misteregg said:

f**k me that kitchen is bad.
I know many Thai owners don’t care about the state of areas customers can’t see, but this is a disgrace.
Wish Firth would comment on this as he is a professional chef.

I am pretty sure there is more than 1 kitchen in Pattaya / BKK that look like shit. 

• Like 1

shit me poor mum would laugh her head off,if she was still here,to see that pic of the filthy kitchen,

she would have a go at how fussy I was about how clean I kept a kitchen at home,she would say " Ray do you go in and check the kitchens in Asia before you eat"

"no mum I just close me eyes and mumble a few hail marys" she would call me a heathen bugger and slap me up the side of the head,:default_crybaby:the bloke who owned that shit should be named and shamed

regards

grayray

On 9/24/2019 at 12:14 PM, dcfc2007 said:

I was in serenity a couple of weeks ago with a couple of bm’s. There wasn’t many girls in the bar but those that were there were very decent and hands on. As a matter of fact I walked in on one fingering herself in the toilet.

Given this remark, I thought I'd give Serenity a second look this evening. My opinion of it hasn't changed, though. Just as it was before the name change from Oasis, the girls were below average looking, and above average covered. There were 4 customers upon my arrival, and 4 (not quite the same ones) on my departure.

Several gogos in Soi LK didn't bother to open this evening because of the midnight closure. That included Champagne, The Office, and Dolls LK. I looked into Pulse; I counted about 40 customers there, of which only about half a dozen were Asian - but they were spending heavily. Pulse was doing well for the opposite of the reasons that Serenity was doing badly.

On the subject of Asian customers, my default eating place is Robin's Nest, in Soi Diana. Hitherto, I have regarded it as a bastion of the falang. However, the last two evenings there has been a bunch of quite loud Asians (I suspect Korean or, more likely, Chinese) drinking at the bar there. Is nowhere sacrosanct? 😒

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2019 at 1:12 AM, Bazle said:

Given this remark, I thought I'd give Serenity a second look this evening. My opinion of it hasn't changed, though. Just as it was before the name change from Oasis, the girls were below average looking, and above average covered. There were 4 customers upon my arrival, and 4 (not quite the same ones) on my departure.

Several gogos in Soi LK didn't bother to open this evening because of the midnight closure. That included Champagne, The Office, and Dolls LK. I looked into Pulse; I counted about 40 customers there, of which only about half a dozen were Asian - but they were spending heavily. Pulse was doing well for the opposite of the reasons that Serenity was doing badly.

On the subject of Asian customers, my default eating place is Robin's Nest, in Soi Diana. Hitherto, I have regarded it as a bastion of the falang. However, the last two evenings there has been a bunch of quite loud Asians (I suspect Korean or, more likely, Chinese) drinking at the bar there. Is nowhere sacrosanct? 😒

I tend to use Robins Nest as my default too.

Having said that, been there loads of times and while the female staff have got to know me and I have a good rapport with them, the owner or manager, who’s seen me in there many times, hasn’t said a word. I just think that’s downright rude, especially when the female staff are telling me it’s really quiet.

It’s made me look for alternatives.

2 hours ago, Britboy said:

I tend to use Robins Nest as my default too.

Having said that, been there loads of times and while the female staff have got to know me and I have a good rapport with them, the owner or manager, who’s seen me in there many times, hasn’t said a word. I just think that’s downright rude, especially when the female staff are telling me it’s really quiet.

It’s made me look for alternatives.

Used to stay regularly at Robins Nest when I came into town and Robin was the manager, always friendly then and the girls were very attentive. Never liked the plumbing though in the rooms, very iffy at best.

Probably be staying there over New Year as it's location is good, the food is average fayre but portions ok and brekky,  buffet options good. Since Robin left I haven't really had much interaction with management despite them walking around and sitting at the bar.

Not really use it as a drinking locale and certainly won't if it gets rather raucous with Asians.

On the site of the old Sugar Baby Agogo in Walking Street, a new gogo, Golden Club, has been in the making for quite a while. It had its opening ceremony this evening. I am told it is Chinese owned; that was reflected in the ceremony. Whether it will be aimed at Chinese visitors is yet to be seen.

Part of the Sugar Baby premises has been occupied by a currency exchange booth for a while now.

20191016_212353.jpg

20191016_212330.jpg

20191016_220211.jpg

20191016_220258.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Bazle said:

On the site of the old Sugar Baby Agogo in Walking Street, a new gogo, Golden Club, has been in the making for quite a while. It had its opening ceremony this evening. I am told it is Chinese owned; that was reflected in the ceremony. Whether it will be aimed at Chinese visitors is yet to be seen.

Part of the Sugar Baby premises has been occupied by a currency exchange booth for a while now.

20191016_212353.jpg

20191016_212330.jpg

20191016_220211.jpg

20191016_220258.jpg

This last photo paints a thousand words...

• Like 2