Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

2 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

Spent a fortune on doing the bar up, looks very nice, however bought second hand aircon units, that leave a lot to be desired, in fact it was like no air con at all

And they don't like turning it on either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

We visited when they had just opened and it was roasting, girl said solly aircon not on FFS.

You, Maipenrai, Glasseye and myself.....It was like walking into an oven...though had some great nights in there last trip..but its up for sale now.

Just now, Starshine said:

You, Maipenrai, Glasseye and myself.....It was like walking into an oven...though had some great nights in there last trip..but its up for sale now.

Yup, crazy as they missed out, we went to the Rock house and had 4 beers each, thats 16 beers gone for the sake of turning the aircon on! Thai logic at it's best.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

We never read of laundries closing down, why doesn't an enterprising expat ever look into opening one of those? That is a year round business where there is no high or low season, clothes need to be washed, dried and ironed all year. The overhead has to be way less than a beer bar or an agogo, employ a few older ladies to run it, make sure the washers are in proper working order, plenty of suds, light, fans, etc.

I would think many fewer headaches involved. Much less revenue of course, but considering how many bars shut down and lose money, a tortoise can cover more ground than a rabbit without any legs.  A small but steady income for an expat who has a pension coming in and just looking for something to do to stay busy.

Then take the daily profits and piss it off at LePub that night.

Even Egg would approve of that!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

We never read of laundries closing down, why doesn't an enterprising expat ever look into opening one of those? That is a year round business where there is no high or low season, clothes need to be washed, dried and ironed all year. The overhead has to be way less than a beer bar or an agogo, employ a few older ladies to run it, make sure the washers are in proper working order, plenty of suds, light, fans, etc.

I would think many fewer headaches involved. Much less revenue of course, but considering how many bars shut down and lose money, a tortoise can cover more ground than a rabbit without any legs.  A small but steady income for an expat who has a pension coming in and just looking for something to do to stay busy.

Very low margins I would guess.

Plenty of them here in Sanur, Bali as well. Some seem to do a decent business. 

At rate of 7k to 10k IDR (around 20b) per kg its a good deal for the user. Not sure an expat would have enough net margin to cover his daily beers !

Probably ok if run as family business and no salaries paid, only shared profits.

1 hour ago, Mr. Smooth said:

In low season got to be far less demand for laundry service than in high season. That "year round business" might not amount to much 9/12 months.

10 hours ago, misteregg said:

There is a laundry for sale in my condo block. The Mrs looked at it. Just a few hundred baht a day profit for over 12 hours work ironing.

Ah, see there? Why, thats gotta be 3 bottled beers at your bar every night.

Told you! 😜

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RR007 said:

I'm hearing the Pig and Whistle in Soi 7 is closing shortly and the reason wont need elaborating on. Savagely few visitors around

Sorry to hear that. Many a Sunday roast has been had there. Another option fades away.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/12/2019 at 10:25 PM, Mr. Smooth said:

Our nephew in BKK has a couple of laundries.All automatic & he can monitor each machines takings,cash & card on his mobile.I think he just employs a cleaner to go in once a day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

I'm hearing the Pig and Whistle in Soi 7 is closing shortly and the reason wont need elaborating on. Savagely few visitors around

Been there forever along with Rosie's next door.

Have been a frequent visitor to both those places every trip.

Sad to see these long time business's struggling.

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

That is indeed sad, always loved their fish and chips. Great place that has many memories for me and my two wives.....always friendly, nice toilets and good parking for my bike.

What about the one in Jomtien, is that still open?.

13 hours ago, Bazle said:

Oops! My mind reading skills need a bit of refining. ☺️

I would say that the original post needed a bit more information.   I can't see why a change in management needs to be kept secret (unless it hasn't happened yet and the soon to be former manger doesn't know his days are numbered).

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, johnpat said:

I would say that the original post needed a bit more information.   I can't see why a change in management needs to be kept secret (unless it hasn't happened yet and the soon to be former manger doesn't know his days are numbered).

Agreed. Was thinking same. 

Why mention it if you dont mention which place is concerned ....

Another Pattaya secret ?

On 5/29/2019 at 6:43 PM, misteregg said:

A famous gogo bar in the Walking St area is changing management.

My gogo friend says that the new owners are the same people that run Panda, and it will be a 'Super' place for the Chinese. Believe it or not.