Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

I've been in 3 Darkside bars since they've reopened. The Booze Lounge was pretty much the same as before the shutdown and the only difference I saw was that a certain Mr Hogan hadn't had a haircut for 3 months or so, The Bird Cage had 7 girls there and me and I still got ignored plus no Pool allowed, screens up at the bar and no smoking now. The other place was Swiss Bar twice where I was gratefully received as their only customer both times.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

One of the owners told me they're holding off on opening the other two bars until more of the restrictions ease, hopefully by August. Although I think the reality will be there won't be a large enough customer base to open the bars until international travel resumes.

The lifting of restrictions that they have intimated will come in stages with general tourism being way down the list.

Not a chance of that happening next month. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Jambo said:

The lifting of restrictions that they have intimated will come in stages with general tourism being way down the list.

Not a chance of that happening next month. 

Even less chance given what's just happened with the Egyptian pilot and the Sudanese girl not obeying the quarantine rules. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yup, how fooking stupid was that too? :default_1087:

Idiotic, they have banned 'government guests' from coming now. This will only make Thai people even more wary of letting farang back in, the only hope for farang tourists being allowed back in the next 6 months, is a vaccine. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Idiotic, they have banned 'government guests' from coming now. This will only make Thai people even more wary of letting farang back in, the only hope for farang tourists being allowed back in the next 6 months, is a vaccine. 

A successful vaccine changes everything very quickly me thinks! But TIT. :default_fun:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

39 minutes ago, boydeste said:

A successful vaccine changes everything very quickly me thinks! But TIT. :default_fun:

It sure will......Just like the flu vaccine..... Now no one gets the flu anymore ever since people started getting the flu virus shots.....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

It sure will......Just like the flu vaccine..... Now no one gets the flu anymore ever since people started getting the flu virus shots.....

Bit of an odd comment....many people get flu because the flu vaccine is only available to certain segments of the populace, mainly those with underlying conditions and those over 65 (in the UK anyway). 

If the Covid vaccine is available it will again be rolled out for those who most need it and then it will eventually be available to everybody which is not the case with the flu vaccine.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Bit of an odd comment....many people get flu because the flu vaccine is only available to certain segments of the populace, mainly those with underlying conditions and those over 65 (in the UK anyway). 

If the Covid vaccine is available it will again be rolled out for those who most need it and then it will eventually be available to everybody which is not the case with the flu vaccine.

Ditto.

The flu vaccine saves 1000's of lives every year, but only the people who get to have it.

Strange that. :default_1087:

Edited by boydeste

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Correctamundo

I hope that a C19 vaccine will be as effective as the flu vaccine.

I have had the jab each year for the last 5 years and have not had flu.

The majority of people who get influenza, have not paid to get vaccinated. It's only a tenner I believe. I get it free. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Krapow said:

See, that's you kafflicks attacking me again, ganging up on the wee Jewish, non binary, gluton free, vegan, Proddy, with a preferred pronoun of King Billy!

I tell ya, @fatbhoytim will be contacting ANTIFA about this, he won't stand for this sorta bigotry on the forum!

By f**k you dont half come out with some shite.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Ditto.

The flu vaccine saves 1000's of lives every year, but only the people who get to have it.

Strange that. :default_1087:

What if being vaccinated becomes a prerequisite to international travel? Which at this rate I think it will, that's the only reason I would get vaccinated. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

What if being vaccinated becomes a prerequisite to international travel? Which at this rate I think it will, that's the only reason I would get vaccinated. 

I think if there is a vaccine it almost certainly will be mandatory for travel, especially to countries like Thailand.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I think if there is a vaccine it almost certainly will be mandatory for travel, especially to countries like Thailand.

I wonder then, how long after the vaccine is produced it will be before people can pay to be vaccinated so that they can travel. I would imagine the initial distribution of the vaccine will be to at risk groups. That's if they find a vaccine of course. 

34 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I wonder then, how long after the vaccine is produced it will be before people can pay to be vaccinated so that they can travel. I would imagine the initial distribution of the vaccine will be to at risk groups. That's if they find a vaccine of course. 

I'll get this back to Go gos reopening thread don't worry but first ...... heard a wonderful new thing today from critical race theory 'white fragility' etc.

If they get a vaccine BAME people should get it first ............ however if they do get it first it confirms white racism because BAME people are being used as guinea pigs.

Systemic racism see proven .......... :default_268213:..........

anyway apart from Tantra has anyone been into a Gogo and are they wearing visors?? Seems to be the Thai way rather than masks ......

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

You had better believe I will be getting vaccinated.....From my Doctor on Khao San road.....200 baht and a few official stamps and your good to go.... 

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fforest said:

You had better believe I will be getting vaccinated.....From my Doctor on Khao San road.....200 baht and a few official stamps and your good to go.... 

some of us will have to get in the bloody country before we can do the same,same

regards

grayray

23 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Given the age demographic of this forum, most of us would qualify on age for the vaccine and in most countries we would get it for free. Whether the Thai authorities will accept our vaccination certificate is another story and whether the numbers of people are prepared to get into those flying petri dishes is another story.

So which dens of iniquity are open? 

And has price of a Baht bus changed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, misteregg said:

I am on target to make a small profit this month, enough to pay my kids school fees and keep me in baked beans.
The effort put in by my staff has been really great.
In reference to barfines, I estimated zero as generally expats Dont barfine, but we have had a few.
As other bars open then close again (Atlantic Bar being the latest) the staff realise that our little place is doing ok really.
I have no plans to close again any time soon, that could change, but so far, so good. Be realistic.

Always had a warm welcome m8 on my visits, lovely group of girls you've got there......

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Always had a warm welcome m8 on my visits, lovely group of girls you've got there......

Bingo i agree, wifey and i are hoping to make it down to Patts in August/September and no doubt we'll be in Le Pub being looked after by Phil and his team.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1