Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

The only light at the end of the tunnel is the possibility of Thailand dramatically relaxing the draconian restrictions on tourism

Not only that. It will need that plenty other countries where the tourists come from also let people travel, and let them come back after their holiday without quarantining them.

Same here. Bali governor pushes to open in December, but even if he succeeded (unlikely, only the central government has the authority) he still has no "customers" . Australia is locked up, most European countries as well,...

• Like 1

If you guys want to see some real devastation travel from beach road to Big C xtra on  Pattaya Klang......Its looking a little like Detroit.....There are more shops closed than open....A few years ago there were practically zero empty shops.......Only the dentist seem to be doing ok now....I am not sure why?

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Surprised 1

On 11/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, fforest said:

The money exchange booth next to the Soi Bukow market seems to have closed.....This WAS one of the most busy money exchanges in Pattaya....

I was using the ATM today across the street....I was kind of shocked that it was closed....

28045.jpg

28046.jpg

I has its moments m8, quite a few days off seem to happen...up and running tonight....

One of the few late ones now in that area..............about 19.30.......

001.JPG

004.JPG

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

I has its moments m8, quite a few days off seem to happen...up and running tonight....

One of the few late ones now in that area..............about 19.30.......

001.JPG

004.JPG

Exchange rate still depressing I see 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 2

Who knows , if this potential vaccine is as good as it`s made out to be we could be back in late summer next year, just depends on what kind of guarantees will be needed on entry, I guess it`s a wait and see game. 

And don't forget there are many clinical vaccine trials in their final stages, it certainly looks brighter than it did a couple of months back. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/12/2020 at 2:03 AM, Thai Spice said:

Not only that. It will need that plenty other countries where the tourists come from also let people travel, and let them come back after their holiday without quarantining them.

Same here. Bali governor pushes to open in December, but even if he succeeded (unlikely, only the central government has the authority) he still has no "customers" . Australia is locked up, most European countries as well,...

Thai population especially those not involved in the tourist industry, back the border closures. Government shit scared that any relaxation could trigger mass infections. Vaccine really looking like the only lifeline.

Tiny update lads about town......Soi MIT, Soi Buakhao end..........still WIP..........

001a.jpg

Would have thought ''Lisa on the Beach'' would have been open at 17.50 ish.......

013a.jpg

A few sundowners.........

014a.jpg

Looks like Nicks having a holiday........

019a.jpg

023a.jpg

Witherspoons expanding on Beach Rd...Breakfast with a view.........

028a.jpg

031a.jpg

Plot of land where ''Paddy's Bar'' was (Pattaya Klang) , nicely fenced off and for sale......

042a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

On Friday night, Pin-Up – generally regarded as the busiest gogo bar in Pattaya in recent times – was about 2/3 full around 9:00 PM. But by 10:30 it was less than half full. It got so bad that everything in the bar stopped and they did the old “naked girl walks around the bar 3 times sprinkling whiskey on the tables before shooting it out the front door between her legs” routine, with every bell in the place ringing and the DJ chiming in with deafening horns. It was enough to wake the dead, which I guess is the point: Awaken the spirits to bring customers.

You know things are bad when trade at the retired Pattaya expat’s favourite bar, Windmill Club, AKA Degenerate Central, is dire. Said friend stopped by before midnight on Friday and commented that the music volume was what you expect in a sports pub i.e. you could hear conversations across the room. There was no vibe. The girls were all being ignored and not molested by old geezers with ice cubes and beer bottles. The small number of customers looked just as bored as the girls. Why was music volume so low? You’ve got to stay on the right side of the cops…

A km of kilometres up the road in North Pattaya, all the beer bar complexes are gone. Much of Second Road is simply boarded up with high walls and property razed to the ground. Much of this area depended on Chinese, who are long gone. The economic devastation is complete.

Soi 6 is a shell of its old self. So are many of the old names on the street like Red Spot and Foxy are closed. The “7 deadly sin” bars (Avarice, Envy, etc.) are closed, Lust aside.

Seemingly nowhere has been spared. On Soi Honey, the “Soi 6 of naughty massage”, Covid has been a nuclear bomb for the Honey Group. Its flagship Honey Inn which was sex tourist central for decades is now closed. It’s vacant and up for sale.

The massage / beer bar joints at the top of Soi Honey near Soi Buakhao are still going with lots of lovely lonely girls out front. The Full Bar was empty. Maybe it’s time to change its name? Even the large and once super popular Honey 1 soapy massage building is closed. Unlike the second road Honey soapies, this Honey 1 almost exclusively to Chinese and other Asians. Now there are sandbags placed in front of the front door.

The massage joints from there down are gone. No closed signs, no signs of life, just empty shophouses.

On a two-hour walk around Pattaya my friend saw very few farangs, or foreigners of any sort. Maybe a couple of pairs of Chinese or other non-Thai Asians. That’s about it. On Beach Road he didn’t see a single white guy! From the hospital to Soi Honey there were groups of 2 or 3 sitting in the cheapest bars. The 55-baht-beer-all-day bar had a few white guys.

Here are some snaps from my friend’s time in Pattaya this weekend:

pattaya-november14-1

pattaya-november14-3

pattaya-november14-4

pattaya-november14-5

pattaya-november14-2

pattaya-november14-6

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, fforest said:

On Friday night, Pin-Up – generally regarded as the busiest gogo bar in Pattaya in recent times – was about 2/3 full around 9:00 PM. But by 10:30 it was less than half full. It got so bad that everything in the bar stopped and they did the old “naked girl walks around the bar 3 times sprinkling whiskey on the tables before shooting it out the front door between her legs” routine, with every bell in the place ringing and the DJ chiming in with deafening horns. It was enough to wake the dead, which I guess is the point: Awaken the spirits to bring customers.

You know things are bad when trade at the retired Pattaya expat’s favourite bar, Windmill Club, AKA Degenerate Central, is dire. Said friend stopped by before midnight on Friday and commented that the music volume was what you expect in a sports pub i.e. you could hear conversations across the room. There was no vibe. The girls were all being ignored and not molested by old geezers with ice cubes and beer bottles. The small number of customers looked just as bored as the girls. Why was music volume so low? You’ve got to stay on the right side of the cops…

A km of kilometres up the road in North Pattaya, all the beer bar complexes are gone. Much of Second Road is simply boarded up with high walls and property razed to the ground. Much of this area depended on Chinese, who are long gone. The economic devastation is complete.

Soi 6 is a shell of its old self. So are many of the old names on the street like Red Spot and Foxy are closed. The “7 deadly sin” bars (Avarice, Envy, etc.) are closed, Lust aside.

Seemingly nowhere has been spared. On Soi Honey, the “Soi 6 of naughty massage”, Covid has been a nuclear bomb for the Honey Group. Its flagship Honey Inn which was sex tourist central for decades is now closed. It’s vacant and up for sale.

The massage / beer bar joints at the top of Soi Honey near Soi Buakhao are still going with lots of lovely lonely girls out front. The Full Bar was empty. Maybe it’s time to change its name? Even the large and once super popular Honey 1 soapy massage building is closed. Unlike the second road Honey soapies, this Honey 1 almost exclusively to Chinese and other Asians. Now there are sandbags placed in front of the front door.

The massage joints from there down are gone. No closed signs, no signs of life, just empty shophouses.

On a two-hour walk around Pattaya my friend saw very few farangs, or foreigners of any sort. Maybe a couple of pairs of Chinese or other non-Thai Asians. That’s about it. On Beach Road he didn’t see a single white guy! From the hospital to Soi Honey there were groups of 2 or 3 sitting in the cheapest bars. The 55-baht-beer-all-day bar had a few white guys.

pattaya-november14-1

pattaya-november14-3

pattaya-november14-4

pattaya-november14-5

pattaya-november14-2

pattaya-november14-6

The film 28 days later springs to mind!

will there be a mega move from BR and Ws to the metro area?  rents are lower in metro, LK an bukao, proverties available and  thats where the current albeit small stream of punters seem to dwell.  at some point I can see WS businesses walking...then they can be converted into coffee shops and eateries for the tourists when ever they come back?  ( asking for a friend)

5 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

will there be a mega move from BR and Ws to the metro area?  rents are lower in metro, LK an bukao, proverties available and  thats where the current albeit small stream of punters seem to dwell.  at some point I can see WS businesses walking...then they can be converted into coffee shops and eateries for the tourists when ever they come back?  ( asking for a friend)

Is Avenue Plaza ready yet ? 😉 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

Do you see the flag followers walking down Soi Bukow? I sure don't...

Pattaya-November14-1.jpg

Pattaya-November14-3.jpg

Pattaya-November14-4.jpg

Pattaya-November14-5.jpg

Pattaya-November14-2.jpg

Pattaya-November14-6.jpg

Why would turning the music down please the police?

Rents are more expensive in LK than Walking Street now.
  • Surprised 1