Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

R-Con hotel on Soi Bukow has fallen on hard times......For years they were renting rooms out for between 10-12,000 a month not including utilities.......I checked on the prices before......Now I guess they are desperate for renters at 4,000 a month...

28254.jpg

28253.jpg

Edited by fforest
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, fforest said:

R-Con hotel on Soi Bukow has fallen on hard times......For years they were renting rooms out for between 10-12,000 a month not including utilities.......I checked on the prices before......Now I guess they are desperate for renters at 4,000 a month...

28254.jpg

28253.jpg

4000bt ?  If that price is all in they've got to be losing money, if someone stayed there with the air con on 24/7 the electric bill would be more than the rent.

And the Family Mart's gone too, that one used to be one of the busier stores.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

40 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

4000bt ?  If that price is all in they've got to be losing money, if someone stayed there with the air con on 24/7 the electric bill would be more than the rent.

And the Family Mart's gone too, that one used to be one of the busier stores.

For sure you will be paying 7-8 baht per Kw so they will be making a bit of money there....

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

According to google maps Reef Cantina is "Permanently Closed."  I was planning on making a run to Foodland and The Loaf before Christmas for some decent bread (Rayong is kind of a desert for bread) and thought I'd get my Mexican fix on the way back.

I tried Taco House a couple weeks ago when in the area.  Excellent but the road work makes it a pain, so I'll wait a few months to go back.  It looks like Taco Taco is in the area but I'm not sure about parking.

8 hours ago, tko said:

According to google maps Reef Cantina is "Permanently Closed."  I was planning on making a run to Foodland and The Loaf before Christmas for some decent bread (Rayong is kind of a desert for bread) and thought I'd get my Mexican fix on the way back.

I tried Taco House a couple weeks ago when in the area.  Excellent but the road work makes it a pain, so I'll wait a few months to go back.  It looks like Taco Taco is in the area but I'm not sure about parking.

No real surprise absolutely terrible location minimal to no foot traffic

I did one trip to Hua HIn of five nights and never came across that Bar area!

It might have changed my mind as to what a really boring place it was.

We only found the Soi with the great fish restaurants on the last night as well. 🤣

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

We only found the Soi with the great fish restaurants on the last night as well. 🤣

I am shocked you never saw that area, it is surrounded on all sides by restaurants. The Hilton is opposite the entrance to Bintabaht and that is considered the centre for the tourists in town. 

Loads of hotels also surround the area and it is also very near the beach with the over water restaurants.

Of course some tourists do reside on the many beach hotels south and north of the centre but still shocked you never visited that area.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Jambo said:

You didn't like hua hin? 

OK, it's not the party capital of the world, and Soi Bintabaht is pretty poor in comparison to most sois in Pattaya. 

But I really like the town and the surrounding area. The beach there is lovely, the sky bar at the holiday Inn is cracking, and some of the bars have great views out over the sea. 

I'll definitely be back. 

15 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

You didn't like hua hin? 

OK, it's not the party capital of the world, and Soi Bintabaht is pretty poor in comparison to most sois in Pattaya. 

But I really like the town and the surrounding area. The beach there is lovely, the sky bar at the holiday Inn is cracking, and some of the bars have great views out over the sea. 

I'll definitely be back. 

Pretty sharp rocks on the beach and plenty of horsie poo.

2 hours ago, jcolorado said:

Pretty sharp rocks on the beach and plenty of horsie poo.

We stayed in an excellent Hotel right on the beach but I have to say that although the beach was expansive I do recall the rocks and the fact that the beach was not particularly clean. We used the sunbeds around the excellent infinity pool.

I think our hotel was well south of the city center and probably I should have done more research before our visit. As I mentioned we never came across that Bar area and only found the soi with the outdoor lobster restaurants on our last night.

It is probably a good place to stay as an expat but personally I would not bother to visit again. Much nicer resorts to visit south of Pattaya with better beaches.