Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

7 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

There is a plane junk yard just down the SOi on Ramkhamhaeng from where I live in BKK ...

They have built restaurants and bars into some of them .. don't know why but they were closed down ...

I

Perhaps they never "took off!" 😁

Edited by eyes4thais
  • Haha 2

On 12/13/2020 at 11:00 AM, Esco said:

I may be wrong but assume all the Thai language is just advertising jobs and associated salaries. Other than that it's only mentioning the same opening date in English and Japanese. Your fat ugly mug will be just as welcome as the next man if you bring a fat wallet. 

Just used my phone to translate, model & show girl 1200b per day. I think it is Coyote & Tiquila Girl 800b per day.

amazingly stupid.

all the gogos and bars planed to pay like 300 baht a mnight plus commission.  i know i know but they all seemed to get together and agree a re start on the salary side.  and with only local punters, and no footfall it made sense.

now you have some back to the old pay plans already, that will screw all the others and make what might have broken even for some.. non viable

brain dead or what

• Like 2

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

No, it's on the opposite side of the rd and a bit further down from memory.

I'll have to check it out sometime. I know Thai Airways opened a restaurant where people could eat their grub, I think it was in an old disused aircraft. I know its been done before, wouldn't be my cup of tea. 

5 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I'll have to check it out sometime. I know Thai Airways opened a restaurant where people could eat their grub, I think it was in an old disused aircraft. I know its been done before, wouldn't be my cup of tea. 

I will almost certainly of taken a picture of it, I will see if I can find it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Just found the picture, funny how the memory plays tricks on yourself, I think it's a flight similator. LOL

20191204_131407.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

They have another one just opened in Bangkok and doing a roaring trade I believe.

2 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

025a.jpg

No Dancing?

No loud music?

Socially distanced from "Pattaya's friendliest Girls ?"

I really don't go into A GoGo's much anymore although I might check tonight after my Xmas Eve dinner. They are pricing themselves out of existence. Why pay 170 baht for a beer when you can get one for half that, or less, in a friendly bar/club in the company of an even friendlier young lady?

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

No Dancing?

No loud music?

Socially distanced from "Pattaya's friendliest Girls ?"

I really don't go into A GoGo's much anymore although I might check tonight after my Xmas Eve dinner. They are pricing themselves out of existence. Why pay 170 baht for a beer when you can get one for half that, or less, in a friendly bar/club in the company of an even friendlier young lady?

Must be the hot dogs brings 'em in ...

.... back to my Port and Stilton ....

• Haha 2

the economics of running a business here are now beyond blief.  If you remove the multi nationals who can, if they want, spread losses globally against profits,   and medical facilities, then for the rest its a matter of how long savings will last and how much you can borrow to keep going

For me, my customer base is dwindling fast as all are affected.  in turn our revenue is dying as it did in April.  There comes a point where effort is outweighed by return, and effort dont pay the bills right now.  

I feel for those who have closed, but more so for those who struggle to hang on by the skin of their teeth, without any light at the end fo the tunnel.

After NY I think we will se a mass number of businesses either close or temporarily board up.  most have cut overheads to the bone and there isnt any where lower to go. 

Me I am looking to sell my body, any offers over 50 baht accepted

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

the economics of running a business here are now beyond blief.  If you remove the multi nationals who can, if they want, spread losses globally against profits,   and medical facilities, then for the rest its a matter of how long savings will last and how much you can borrow to keep going

For me, my customer base is dwindling fast as all are affected.  in turn our revenue is dying as it did in April.  There comes a point where effort is outweighed by return, and effort dont pay the bills right now.  

I feel for those who have closed, but more so for those who struggle to hang on by the skin of their teeth, without any light at the end fo the tunnel.

After NY I think we will se a mass number of businesses either close or temporarily board up.  most have cut overheads to the bone and there isnt any where lower to go. 

You might get more than 50 baht for the Midget's?

Does she have a flat head?

Handy if you need somewhere to rest your beer. :default_beer:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

How does 100bt sound two conditions 1 you need to mow my lawns and clean my cars 2 can I pay in installments 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tommy dee said:

the economics of running a business here are now beyond blief.  

......my customer base is dwindling fast as all are affected.  in turn our revenue is dying as it did in April.  There comes a point where effort is outweighed by return, and effort dont pay the bills right now.  

Sadly its a vicious destructive circle. Good people losing good well run businesses and Thais losing jobs.

Will be a very diminished town when we able to get back and may then take sometime to be worth it.

Bars video streaming and poor attitudes towards actual on the ground customers (if reports are correct) won't help either. That activity is not about to go away.

With all the requirements atm and additional cost I'll hold fire. It looks like it will take some time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1