Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 12/26/2020 at 7:41 AM, tommy dee said:

the economics of running a business here are now beyond blief.  If you remove the multi nationals who can, if they want, spread losses globally against profits,   and medical facilities, then for the rest its a matter of how long savings will last and how much you can borrow to keep going

For me, my customer base is dwindling fast as all are affected.  in turn our revenue is dying as it did in April.  There comes a point where effort is outweighed by return, and effort dont pay the bills right now.  

I feel for those who have closed, but more so for those who struggle to hang on by the skin of their teeth, without any light at the end fo the tunnel.

After NY I think we will se a mass number of businesses either close or temporarily board up.  most have cut overheads to the bone and there isnt any where lower to go. 

Me I am looking to sell my body, any offers over 50 baht accepted

I read about a famous thai lady who's name would be known to most BM's. She was subleasing bars on soi buakhao, still charging her tenants rent, then one day they a couple of months ago they came to open the bar and found everything taped off, their drinks fridges empties. The actual landlord who is Thai-Indian informed them that the Thai lady they had been sub-leasing off hadn't paid the rent in 6 months and had skipped town, apparently there is a warrant out for her arrest. It will be dog eat dog in the bar game, sure as hell wouldn't like to be a partner in bar now, watching over your shoulder in case your pal is going to do a runner with what's left of the money.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2042515/sweeping-closures-in-city

As a new wave of Covid infections bites, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has ordered the closure of all entertainment venues from Tuesday until Jan 4.

The order covers bars with hostesses, horseracing tracks and cockfighting arenas and other entertainment venues including massage parlours. However, pubs and restaurants can stay open as long as they serve only food and drinks, and close by midnight.

The noose keeps tightening......

First one provence is a red zone then 2 then 3 then.....You get the idea.....

Then No big gatherings.....

Then reduced hours........

Then more restrictions on alcohol sales....

Then some busts of the bad boys of cock fighting and gambling dens who are breaking all kind of laws and restrictions....

Next will be some busts of some bad boy bars and clubs,

Which will lead to clamping down on bars and clubs even more

Which  will lead to a full-on lockdown of bars and clubs with restaurants not far behind...

And will be shorty followed by the old raids on private parties.....

Hey someone forgot to change the channel because we are seeing the exact same pattern and script from last year.....So far it's pretty much a carbon copy....

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Walked passed it hundreds of times , but never actually been in there ..

Cheap drinks, loud so so to bad music, lots of girls looking for Mr right tonight....

Not a bad place.......Lots pf girls use to start the night in the Beer Garden, then go to Bamboo, then go to Red Car, then go to Marine disco looking for that special guy for that night... 

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

And bars I am sure.......Just as I was expecting.....

BREAKING: The Governor of Chonburi has signed this order for Bang Lamung District including Pattaya. It includes closures of shopping malls, swimming pools, parks, fitness centers and health spas. Restaurants can open but takeaway only. Convenience stores must close 10pm-5am.

• Like 1

As soon as RB posted the above closure notice I was along to Big C doing my panic buy of beer.  We never had problems last time, but a full fridge is always good.

711 on the way back already had signs up that they would close at 10:00pm so it seems like it's with immediate effect.

• Great Info 2

11 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I hope and pray the bars won't be shut for the same length of time as they were the last time. I've read everything from Flowers saying they will be open tommo, to people saying it's up for review on the 15th of Jan. 

Bryan is an optimist,  they certainly wont be open tomorrow.  initially we were told a review on 5th, not think that date is the 14th or 15th.  its got its teeth in here, and i dont think it is going away  anywhere soon.  to date its been an economic virus for us, now, its a sickness too

48 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

Bryan is an optimist,  they certainly wont be open tomorrow.  initially we were told a review on 5th, not think that date is the 14th or 15th.  its got its teeth in here, and i dont think it is going away  anywhere soon.  to date its been an economic virus for us, now, its a sickness too

An optimist is one way of putting it. The Thais have acted quickly, and decisively, although the initial decision to only lock down Burmese migrants in samut sakhon has proved an own goal. I think they will get it under control relatively quickly, but there will be a lag of 10-14 days before we see the peak, and then another few weeks after that before we see what impact the current restrictions are having.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

An optimist lol 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

and then another few weeks after that before we see what impact the current restrictions are having.

As far as Pattaya is concerned that translates as to how many entertainment venues that were open before the lock down actually reopen or remain closed for good. Sadly, there is bound to be those that decide enough is enough and do not reopen.

"For good" likely means until such time as unrestricted tourism returns and they start doing a phoenix under new ownership. Of course that assumes "unrestricted tourism" does return which in my opinion is not at all certain.

Edited by Jambo

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I think they will get it under control relatively quickly, but there will be a lag of 10-14 days before we see the peak, and then another few weeks after that before we see what impact the current restrictions are having.

Hahaha... Still dreaming and drinking the Thai cool aid ? 

44 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Of course that assumes "unrestricted tourism" does return which in my opinion is not at all certain.

Seeing the light at last ......

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I hope and pray the bars won't be shut for the same length of time as they were the last time. I've read everything from Flowers saying they will be open tommo, to people saying it's up for review on the 15th of Jan. 

Look at Patterns......

The state of emergency was going to be for a few weeks then a month then 2 months and that was going to be it.....But on the last day the state of emergency had to be extended by another month and the unfortunately it had to extended again on the last day by another month etc etc.......And guess what the state of emergency still gets extend each and every month....

I bet a million dollars any lockdown dates get extended till at least April or May.... 

And as soon as the lockdowns start to ease up the rioting will start up again.....You can take that to the bank.......Nothing is left to chance... 

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2