Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 hour ago, Blue Streak said:

Not sure if this place has actually open, noticed the new sign on the bread

run this morning.......Used to be Baby Boom, then a Japanese name I believe

now this ...It's down the side alley by the Rock Factory  ( Rich Bar to the old timers)

001a.jpg

It was Club Sinzu. Opened Dec 2019, just in time for the pandemic to close it a few months later. There was a post on PA in November that it had been remodeled inside and was set to open as Flames Bar & Lounge. The new sign never went up, and there was no sign of activity there until your post today. Do doubt the new owners, like everyone else weren't counting on another round of bar closures.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 12:59 PM, Blue Streak said:

Not sure if this place has actually open, noticed the new sign on the bread

run this morning.......Used to be Baby Boom, then a Japanese name I believe

now this ...It's down the side alley by the Rock Factory  ( Rich Bar to the old timers)

/001a.jpg

Rich bar probably the cheapest beers on buakhao after Nikom Court?

Used to visit regularly, lovely people. The 2 musicians had been there for 10+ years and went to Puis bar in New Plaza. We followed them there as the Rock Factory was 150db noise. I imagine they are unemployed now. 

stayed in the city last night.  the drive in was erie, no traffic on a friday, at all.  and most places have shutters down.  I think seeing it as opposed to reading about it was a worthwhile event.  hotel was super clean, Adelphi, best rooms for a real song.    on the balcony listening at 11.  not a sound.ty kinda sunk in.

Many tell me the thais, bar girls to cleaners, have this time gone home already as they know what is coing this time after last years events.  I can beleive that as footfall, and pretty faces were at an absolute minimum

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

How long I wonder will it be before customers will be allowed to drink alcohol in a Bar/GoGo once again in Pattaya?

One month?

Two months?

Three months?

How long is a piece of string?

How many such businesses have the funds/ability to go into hibernation in the interim? Rents still have to be paid and so do other fixed/regular annual/monthly expenses.

How many will reopen?

It was almost certainly a minority breaking even prior to these latest restrictions. We all know of GoGo's losing money every day they opened. Nowhere near enough expats to go round.

Sadly, nothing is ever going to be the same again.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

27 minutes ago, Jambo said:

How long I wonder will it be before customers will be allowed to drink alcohol in a Bar/GoGo once again in Pattaya?

One month?

Two months?

Three months?

How long is a piece of string?

How many such businesses have the funds/ability to go into hibernation in the interim? Rents still have to be paid and so do other fixed/regular annual/monthly expenses.

How many will reopen?

It was almost certainly a minority breaking even prior to these latest restrictions. We all know of GoGo's losing money every day they opened. Nowhere near enough expats to go round.

Sadly, nothing is ever going to be the same again.

Here's part of an email I wrote to a friend in England this morning and I reckon it's roughly the same as you're saying.

As for this place then you're right, LK, Buakhow and Soi Honey seemed to be doing ok but basically the rest of town was dead, the couple of times I headed down for a beer it definitely seemed like there was a lot more girls at the bars than needed.

I had a quick look at a couple of the Vloggers videos and just thought that they're talking absolute and utter shite, they'll rarely say just how bad the place is now because people back home don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear that when or if this shit ends and they're allowed back the girls will be gagging for them, what they won't realise is that this government are determined to get rid of the sex capital of the world tag and that basically they want the Chinks, Indian and Russian families here, they don't want the sex tourists and it's been getting like that for a while now.

A couple of weeks ago I said Q1 2022 before anything close to tourists being allowed back, now I'd say it'll be after that and when it will be is anyone's guess. I reckon if we meet again it'll be in England with a pint in the 'Dog and Duck' somewhere ?
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Here's part of an email I wrote to a friend in England this morning and I reckon it's roughly the same as you're saying.

As for this place then you're right, LK, Buakhow and Soi Honey seemed to be doing ok but basically the rest of town was dead, the couple of times I headed down for a beer it definitely seemed like there was a lot more girls at the bars than needed.

I had a quick look at a couple of the Vloggers videos and just thought that they're talking absolute and utter shite, they'll rarely say just how bad the place is now because people back home don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear that when or if this shit ends and they're allowed back the girls will be gagging for them, what they won't realise is that this government are determined to get rid of the sex capital of the world tag and that basically they want the Chinks, Indian and Russian families here, they don't want the sex tourists and it's been getting like that for a while now.

A couple of weeks ago I said Q1 2022 before anything close to tourists being allowed back, now I'd say it'll be after that and when it will be is anyone's guess. I reckon if we meet again it'll be in England with a pint in the 'Dog and Duck' somewhere ?

Grim outlook 

• Sad 1

The comments of late are not so dissimilar from the situation in the UK; bars (pubs) closed, less people on the streets, businesses just about hanging on or soon to go to the wall, people still having to find money for rents, mortgages having lost a job or reduced hours. Utilities etc needing still to be paid, loans still to be paid.

Ok in Thailand it can still be done in good weather but a lot of what is frustrating in the UK or Europe is occurring in Thailand.

I have my family around me which keeps me sane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Washedup said:

Grim outlook 

Grim but realistic I think ? Hopefully the Dog and Duck will be a nice, quaint little place in the country somewhere ?

32 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

The comments of late are not so dissimilar from the situation in the UK; bars (pubs) closed, less people on the streets, businesses just about hanging on or soon to go to the wall, people still having to find money for rents, mortgages having lost a job or reduced hours. Utilities etc needing still to be paid, loans still to be paid.

Ok in Thailand it can still be done in good weather but a lot of what is frustrating in the UK or Europe is occurring in Thailand.

I have my family around me which keeps me sane.

Plus from what I'm reading now it's slowly becoming a police state, 2 women driving 5 miles in different cars to exercise and get some coffees and the police fine them for having a picnic or something ?

Meanwhile, Derbyshire Police fined beautician Jessica Allen and her British Airways flight attendant friend Eliza Moore £200 each for driving for a socially distanced stroll at Foremark Reservoir, which despite not being her nearest park is only 10 minutes from her house.

The pair were also told their cups of Starbucks peppermint tea, which they bought at a drive-thru, were not allowed because they were 'classed as a picnic'. 

Ms Allen, 27, said she assumed 'someone had been murdered' when she saw a police van, a police car and several officers at the entrance of the open space. 

'It was a short journey and only took about ten minutes,' she said. I genuinely thought someone had been murdered or a child had gone missing; the place is normally so quiet. 

'The next thing, my car is surrounded. I got out of my car thinking ''There's no way they're coming to speak to us''. Straight away they start questioning us. One of them started reading my rights and I was looking at my friend thinking ''This must be a joke''. 

'I said we had come in separate cars, even parked two spaces away and even brought our own drinks with us. He said ''You can't do that as it's classed as a picnic''.

'Crossing into a different county seems to have caused the issue but the border into Derbyshire is only a minute away from my house.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9128767/Police-focus-enforcing-lockdown-rules-explaining-public.html

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Grim but realistic I think ? Hopefully the Dog and Duck will be a nice, quaint little place in the country somewhere ?

Plus from what I'm reading now it's slowly becoming a police state, 2 women driving 5 miles in different cars to exercise and get some coffees and the police fine them for having a picnic or something ?

Meanwhile, Derbyshire Police fined beautician Jessica Allen and her British Airways flight attendant friend Eliza Moore £200 each for driving for a socially distanced stroll at Foremark Reservoir, which despite not being her nearest park is only 10 minutes from her house.

The pair were also told their cups of Starbucks peppermint tea, which they bought at a drive-thru, were not allowed because they were 'classed as a picnic'. 

Ms Allen, 27, said she assumed 'someone had been murdered' when she saw a police van, a police car and several officers at the entrance of the open space. 

'It was a short journey and only took about ten minutes,' she said. I genuinely thought someone had been murdered or a child had gone missing; the place is normally so quiet. 

'The next thing, my car is surrounded. I got out of my car thinking ''There's no way they're coming to speak to us''. Straight away they start questioning us. One of them started reading my rights and I was looking at my friend thinking ''This must be a joke''. 

'I said we had come in separate cars, even parked two spaces away and even brought our own drinks with us. He said ''You can't do that as it's classed as a picnic''.

'Crossing into a different county seems to have caused the issue but the border into Derbyshire is only a minute away from my house.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9128767/Police-focus-enforcing-lockdown-rules-explaining-public.html

Yes crazy but I suppose it pales into insignificance compared to the way people can be treated by the police in Thailand. I don't really need to Google information about human rights abuse and police state tactics in Thailand before I would find a lot of interesting articles.

Luckily in the UK I don't need to keep a couple of hundred baht in plain view in my car to keep the police happy when driving over the mountain around Korat. Think things are better in the last few years but you don't see a lot of poor BIB....

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Yes crazy but I suppose it pales into insignificance compared to the way people can be treated by the police in Thailand. I don't really need to Google information about human rights abuse and police state tactics in Thailand before I would find a lot of interesting articles.

Luckily in the UK I don't need to keep a couple of hundred baht in plain view in my car to keep the police happy when driving over the mountain around Korat. Think things are better in the last few years but you don't see a lot of poor BIB....

I was talking to a friend yesterday who will be using an Agent to renew his Retirement Visa in a month or so.

He learned from the Agent that the fee for the service has had to be increased by another 1,500 baht due to an additional surcharge being required for "processing." 

It would seem the lack of tourists is affecting "income" across the board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I was talking to a friend yesterday who will be using an Agent to renew his Retirement Visa in a month or so.

He learned from the Agent that the fee for the service has had to be increased by another 1,500 baht due to an additional surcharge being required for "processing." 

The one and only business I see doing better in the last year in Pattaya is food delivery....For a while 7-11 employment had increased because of the need for the dumb temp head zappers....But now they have been replaced by the do-it-yourself temp hand zappers...That most people ignore...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

It was still 1900 baht on Thursday doing it in person, is it the agent increasing the fee ?

19 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Two woke lesbos drinking Starbucks peppermint tea.  Should have been locked up for that alone. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/6/2021 at 1:22 AM, fforest said:

Hooters has completely closed again.........Boy they don't have to close the beach,today there was hardly anyone there at all..... 

...unfortunate,

I’m not sure when I’ll be getting back to LOS, so booked a week in Mexico.  

Hopefully, 3rd quarter this year???...is that realistic???