Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

8 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Possibly, there is another gaff I think it's called tropical, stays open till the wee hours with a dancefloor etc. It's actually a very decent spot though the music isn't exactly my scene. The best bar in Hua Hin for me is Father Ted's. Much preferred the Holiday Inn sky bar to the Hilton sky bar.

Holiday Inn Sky Bar is excellent and, like you, I prefer it; Hilton Sky bar is very accessible as it is central to the tourist zone.

I stayed at the Novotel up the coast towards Cha Am which also has a sky bar but it's very small and unlikely to attract anybody but those staying there or local. Great views though and probably cheaper than the 2 other Sky bars.

If guys don't get hitched before midnight then the Hilton Hotel club (with band) is a great pick up joint and attracts a good crowd.

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Ah right, I get you, I was talking about the Soi Bintabaht area. Its a nice wee soi for a night or two, but not exactly party central and it starts winding down quite early. I did venture into Hua Hins answer to ibar, quite busy but it was only two shophouses. When I was there the town was rammed with Thais.

They had an isaan music event in a large square, couldn't get a seat as there were hundreds and hundreds of Thais eating and drinking. I really, really like Hua Hin. It has everything you could possibly need without some of the hassles of Pattaya.

I am probably 30 years or more older than you so the pace in Hua Hin is ideal for me and I understand those that are young and like to party then Phuket or Pattaya may be better placed.

Again you will no doubt have been to some Thai clubs and if in good company age doesn't tend to be a major issue as everybody is just having a great time.   

Just for your info if you are in Hua Hin again there is a great club at the end of Soi 94 (corner Phetkasem road) called East Rooftop which is in the G building on the top floor.  It is a place where a lot of the beautiful locals go, been many times and loved it each time.  May only be the 8th floor but a great place to begin or end the night.

A Thai friend of mine owns the building so that is how I was lucky enough to find it.

If you got Facebook the link below gives info.

https://www.facebook.com/easthuahin/

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Holiday Inn Sky Bar is excellent and, like you, I prefer it; Hilton Sky bar is very accessible as it is central to the tourist zone.

I stayed at the Novotel up the coast towards Cha Am which also has a sky bar but it's very small and unlikely to attract anybody but those staying there or local. Great views though and probably cheaper than the 2 other Sky bars.

If guys don't get hitched before midnight then the Hilton Hotel club (with band) is a great pick up joint and attracts a good crowd.

I would go as far to say that the Holiday Inn sky bar is the most impressive Sky bar in Thailand that I have visited. The 360 degree views are incredible, the glass floor is, and the drinks prices are very reasonable.

12 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I am probably 30 years or more older than you so the pace in Hua Hin is ideal for me and I understand those that are young and like to party then Phuket or Pattaya may be better placed.

Again you will no doubt have been to some Thai clubs and if in good company age doesn't tend to be a major issue as everybody is just having a great time.   

Just for your info if you are in Hua Hin again there is a great club at the end of Soi 94 (corner Phetkasem road) called East Rooftop which is in the G building on the top floor.  It is a place where a lot of the beautiful locals go, been many times and loved it each time.  May only be the 8th floor but a great place to begin or end the night.

A Thai friend of mine owns the building so that is how I was lucky enough to find it.

That's some great info thanks. No doubt I will be in Hua Hin again, it's fantastic there. I even enjoy the ferry trip from Pattaya.

The fact that isn't as much a party town as Pattaya is what appeals to me. It's nice to get away somewhere and relax for a few days, but still have the opportunity to have a beer and enjoy some female company.

I found that most of the girls in Hua Hin seemed to be freelancing and Tinder was full of women looking customers, so not hard to find female company.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Neo means new in Latin. 

You're welcome. 

It can mean other things as well ...... Neopattaya ??? Not much of a ring to it. 

neo- a combining form meaning “new,” “recent,” “revived,” “modified,” used in the formation of compound words: neo-Darwinism; Neolithic; neoorthodoxy; neophyte. Chemistry. a combining form used in the names of isomers having a carbon atom attached to four carbon atoms: neoarsphenamine.

That last compound sounds interesting too NEOARSPHENAMINE .....

........  I'll get me neon sign.

13 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I know that but it still doesn't make any sense. It is used as a prefix, neo-nazism, neo-colonialism etc.

Neo (new)? is only a small mystery.... The big mystery is why would someone proclaim the new Pattaya and show a picture of a big empty parking lot?.....

Which picture works better here??

Come visit Disneyland.......

image.jpeg

Or

Come visit Disneyland.......

image.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/15/2021 at 3:33 PM, Glasseye said:

I don't know how they can possibly attract investors with deep enough pockets (and willing to take on the level of inherent risk) who can provide the amount of financing that would be necessary to even scratch the surface of what would be needed to "make over" Pattaya into a "family destination". 

Come on FFS !!! I don't see that happening. They have been talking about "family destination" for years. In my view that ain't happening, if so at a snails pace. Any families that do make it there will take a look around them and think WTF ???

They will head back home, tell all their friends (who were considering an inexpensive place to take the kids on a dream vacation) that the place looks like Hiroshima after the bomb dropped. Then they will call up their travel agent who sold them the package and cuss them out. One thing for sure, they won't be returning a second time.

Pattaya was a small fishing village until the Vietnam War started. Then it grew into the worlds biggest whore house. Over 50 fucking years ago. Does anyone really think they are going to be able to shake that label ? It's change some here and there, sure. But really it is what it is and always will be.

You can't put lipstick on a pig !

And you know what, I'm glad about that. 

My wife does!

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

On 1/15/2021 at 11:43 PM, Esco said:

Soi LK Metro is small in comparison to Soi 7 and 8 combined though. I remember 15 odd years ago these sois were party central every night. The bars are still there for the most part just no more girls or customers sadly. 

They were just too expensive, and it was so annoying when you could hear all the music from other bars.

The BF were ridiculous. I stop going to Soi 7 & 8 about 8yrs ago, much prefer a quiet cheaper bar and play pool. Never BF just call a girl up and she would come meet me in bar. Very often she would bring a friend and then see her the next night or together. Hope to return in about 3-4 months.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:45 AM, dcfc2007 said:

And how many posts are specifically about new closures and updates? Majority of posts are about the bar industry in general. You don't need to over mod the forum.

If you are talking about bars that is an update, so it is covered! 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 8:00 PM, dcfc2007 said:

https://amp.scmp.com/lifestyle/travel-leisure/article/3116784/chinese-construction-cambodias-next-tourism-hotspot-kampot

It seems the Chinese are turning their attention towards Kampot. This is one reason Cambodia has never really appealed to me as an alternative to Thailand. I really enjoy Phnom Penh and the bar scene there is better value for money than Pattaya for me, and probably more fun as well. However, Cambodia just doesn't have the same infrastructure, comforts and attractions as Thailand. Phnom Penh is great for 5 days to a week, but I couldn't stay there for any longer. 

About 10yrs ago I hired a Susuki250 trail bike and rode it down to Kampot, before the road was tarmac. When we arrived we were completely red from road dust. At that time Snooky had the old beach huts, just sit outside drink beer and order food. Simple pleasures I would love to do now! One day we ordered a happy Pizza, I was happy (paranoid) for 30hrs! 5555  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Esco said:

I was in Retox Game On today to watch the UFC and pleased to report it was rammed. It's good to see a place doing a decent trade without tourists in town and without being allowed to serve alcohol. 

I'm glad to hear that the Retox is holding up well. Colin is a nice bloke that doesn't get involved in the bar owner drama, doesn't complain about his lot, he just gets on with it. 

On 1/17/2021 at 9:15 PM, Horizondave said:

I've only been to HH the once, and took my own company, but there was plenty of freelancers available.  I don't know which Soi it was but we liked the Panama Bar.

20170728_231233.jpg

24 minutes ago, eyes4thais said:

About 10yrs ago I hired a Susuki250 trail bike and rode it down to Kampot, before the road was tarmac. When we arrived we were completely red from road dust. At that time Snooky had the old beach huts, just sit outside drink beer and order food. Simple pleasures I would love to do now! One day we ordered a happy Pizza, I was happy (paranoid) for 30hrs! 5555  

Lucky you, sounds great. I was hoping to check Kampot out in the future but if the Chinese plan on turning it into another Sihanoukville then I will give it a miss. I hope for the sake of the local Khmer it doesn't happen. The people in that country have already suffered enough over the decades without this shite...

9 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

I've only been to HH the once, and took my own company, but there was plenty of freelancers available.  I don't know which Soi it was but we liked the Panama Bar.

20170728_231233.jpg

Panama is just off Soi Bintibaht on the lane connecting Soi Selekam.  Not a bad bar, used to do some good happy hours in there. 

On the map seeing Tina bar to the west end of Bintibaht and Red Bar to the East take the lane close to Red Bar north and you will hit Panama bar. A lot will have changed probably on our next trips there.

Hua Hin street map.png

What ''Club Lady Love'' looks like in the daylight and no clutter around it. had a lot

of work done to it, inside and out, If you're a ''Sapphire'' fan you'll properly dig it.....

038a.jpg

Looks like they're turning ''Pulse'' into a bar with outside seating, maybe....

040a.jpg

''Brooklyn Diner'' has had its day....

042a.jpg

Noticed this had opened in ''Central Arcade''.........where  ''Beefeater'' and all that crowd are....

036a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Should have mentioned this, the old ''Dre's'' bar on Soi Buakhao has become this.......

018a.jpg

They got busted for serving alcohol during the lockdown so speculation is a ban for five years on the location being used as bar. That would fit with a post on PA that they've split the location in two with one half to be a pharmacy, the other half a coffee shop.

• Great Info 4