Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 hour ago, Blue Streak said:

Should have mentioned this, the old ''Dre's'' bar on Soi Buakhao has become this.......

018a.jpg

Used to drink there, always a welcome form the locals. As I was introduced by a Dutch friend I believe it was mainly Dutch patronage.  I knew a lovely cashier there who used to be the partner of a good friend (Dutch), she started work after they split up. I believe she is now in Manchester but I haven't kept touch.

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Used to drink there, always a welcome form the locals. As I was introduced by a Dutch friend I believe it was mainly Dutch patronage.  I knew a lovely cashier there who used to be the partner of a good friend (Dutch), she started work after they split up. I believe she is now in Manchester but I haven't kept touch.

I had some good daytime sessions in their around14 years ago, playing pool snd mucking around. I thought it was Belgian owned but did see Dutch in their as well. 
 Staff always good hosts and in expensive too with a lovely lady opposite selling whole bbq chickens for 99bht when it was 73thb to £1. Great snack to keep the session flowing 

sad to see it gone 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Lots of development still going on in Pattaya, more hotels etc. Pattaya is far from finished.

The majority of the development still going on would have been in the works before covid - particularly major works. Not too many practical options but to complete it. Many giving such projects a lot of thought as to their future prospects though no doubt.

In a practical sense though, the issues are - how long will it take to get back to a reasonable sense of normality, on commercial and personal levels, and what Pattaya's future 'normality' is going to be.

All unknowable. Pattaya being "far from finished" could mean anything.

About all we have is hope. Apart from striving to stay healthy and positive, most other things are well beyond us atm.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, AJSP said:

I thought it was Belgian owned but did see Dutch in their as well. 

I'm pretty sure that you are correct. The "owner" was a Belgian called Andre, hence the name of the bar. He and his wife/girlfriend split up, and wife/gf took over the running of the bar. However, Andre continued to drink there, and that continued to attract Belgians to the bar. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Bazle said:

I'm pretty sure that you are correct. The "owner" was a Belgian called Andre, hence the name of the bar. He and his wife/girlfriend split up, and wife/gf took over the running of the bar. However, Andre continued to drink there, and that continued to attract Belgians to the bar. 

Belgians and Dutch, maybe there is some close affiliation between those nations. Not aware myself but as I only remember Dutch I thought it was mainly Dutch patronage.

Now I know!

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Belgians and Dutch, maybe there is some close affiliation between those nations. 

Half of Belgium speak Flemish ..... apart from that ....... bit like the English and the Welsh.

I'll get me Evening Standard and read more about Fat Frankie's sacking ..... 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Half of Belgium speak Flemish ..... apart from that ....... bit like the English and the Welsh.

I'll get me Evening Standard and read more about Fat Frankie's sacking ..... 

Bit like the English and Welsh indeed, the Welsh do all speak English while only half the English can speak their own language well  lol

• Haha 2

I'm reading on FB a rumour that 48 bars in the Made in Thailand complex are being evicted - have til Monday to clear their stuff; the land is to be cleared for sale or redeveloped.

Does anyone know if this is correct, or what the future use will be?

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I'm reading on FB a rumour that 48 bars in the Made in Thailand complex are being evicted - have til Monday to clear their stuff; the land is to be cleared for sale or redeveloped.

Yes, they've all seemingly been told the complex will not be re-opening.  I've not heard about any plans for the land.  It's the original complex under the roof, not including anything past the kink in the road, and I'm not sure if it includes the ones in units to the left as you head towards 2nd Road.

10 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Heard this the other day and went to have a look,was all closed up and all the gear still seemed to be there, will

have another look later.......

13 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I have never heard of the place and I lived in Pattaya for 10 years. 

Been around a long time tbf, probably doubled in sized over the past five years with the new bars that have popped up in its surrounds. Like I said most are crap and it wouldn't make much difference to my trips if they disappeared.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Heard this the other day and went to have a look,was all closed up and all the gear still seemed to be there, will

have another look later.......

Tonight at 19.30 hrs...........Danny's bar all the TV's and frig's still there if it was a day away I'm sure it would

be gone by now .....another rumour I heard was the end of Feb, another rumour was those that had not reopened their

.bars would be kicked out ,we'll have to wait and see, fingers crossed for Monday.....Big reopening Neo Pattaya..lol....

003a.jpg

005a.jpg

The spider place that was being facelifted in ''Tree Town'' isn't a spider..lol...

001.JPG

And that build at the Soi Buakhao end of MIT is a ...storage unit?....big door into the main building.....

007a.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Been around a long time tbf, probably doubled in sized over the past five years with the new bars that have popped up in its surrounds. Like I said most are crap and it wouldn't make much difference to my trips if they disappeared.

Probably been there but haven't heard of the name. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Probably been there but haven't heard of the name. 

Opposite View Talay 6 m8 on Sai2..lots of the bars that were near Soi 9 moved there when

they demolished the complex to make way for Central......20 years ago?......maybe a tad more......

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Opposite View Talay 6 m8 on Sai2..lots of the bars that were near Soi 9 moved there when

they demolished the complex to make way for Central......20 years ago?......maybe a tad more......

I looked it up on a map and it looks like it runs down the side of Central Plaza between 2nd road and beach road.  Can't say I have visited there but probably have walked that road before.  Probably just not an area I have frequented as part of my evening's travels.

43 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Think that bar complex that was on the site of Central Festival only got demolished about 13-14 years ago as I used to drink there after I started living there in 2003, nice location.

Edited by Horizondave

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I looked it up on a map and it looks like it runs down the side of Central Plaza between 2nd road and beach road.  Can't say I have visited there but probably have walked that road before.  Probably just not an area I have frequented as part of my evening's travels.

mita.png

• Great Info 1

Has anyone heard if the Go-Go's will open up on February 1st? They would have to open pretty early in order to get enough hours in before the 11:00 p.m. closing. But this was done before when there was a curfew after the last coup.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Great expectations for Pattaya. There is evidence that the city will come roaring back. The question is when? With the number of new hotels and condos being built, the city will either recover or there will be some bankrupt developers. I would hope that the developers have deep pockets to hold on until this virus disaster passes. I think it will take years for the new construction projects to make any money if ever. I remember the last crash when huge projects were nearly finished and then abandoned. 

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

M IT... bar owners clearing out today.  most of the fittings are worthless anyway,   Monday is D day to be out.  expect same for drinking and all the land like that.  its worth more to build on

I'll have a look late, sweet f a going on last night.......

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Yep. I used to have a few coldies there. Huge number of TG's, some reasonable spinners as well.

There was a Thai religious shrine on the northern corner of the property - so corner Soi 9 & 2nd Road which none of the workers would touch or demolish while the demolition of the beer bar complex was going on.

It sat there fenced off from everything else for quite a while.

Bad luck etc to do so. Written up in the Pattaya Mail at the time.

Eventually it was taken down, replaced and repositioned south of where it once was.

T Central.png

Edited by Zeb

4 hours ago, johnpat said:

Has anyone heard if the Go-Go's will open up on February 1st? They would have to open pretty early in order to get enough hours in before the 11:00 p.m. closing. But this was done before when there was a curfew after the last coup.

I saw a post on another forum Golden Time is opening. Checked their FB page and see they're opening at 6pm.

image.png

• Great Info 1