Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

19 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Well just as we move into a 7 month low season a new Agogo is opening soon my guess in 3 weeks or less. Located on Soi Boukow where the Great American sandwich shop was. The sandwich  shop failed and it was a beer bar 7th Heaven for a very short time that failed sooooooooooo Lets build a GoGo.

I went by today they have a small stage and the poles in it is a single shop house so small something along the lines of Pandoras on LK Metro or the old Smile between Mistys and Sapphire. 

Pic of the place from this morning's ride around town.
P2240005.jpg

That Office on Lk Metro was buzzing friday night.... Some sort of party plenty of chicks to say the least 2 completely bollacky in the jacuzzi plus giving out free drink coupons outside. I only took a draft beer which is only 60 baht regular price anyway but guys came in beside had bottles so clearly no restriction. Draft was Tiger so time I'd had 4 and ready to pop over Showgirls total bill was only 180 baht so naturally lobbed over 200 damn good night in there for a fiver sterling

Plenty of titties on view and obviously flange in jacuzzi

• Like 3
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, misteregg said:

There’s a new Gigi opening soon in Soi Diamond. The sign has been outside for weeks now and the workmen have been in for about a month. Not a cheap refurb either, full JBL sound, Daikin Aircon. They had a staff meeting this afternoon. Have no idea when they are opening.
It’s a tiny bar and I can see them doing much but wish them well.

Last night....20190223_202902.thumb.jpg.4d49a4f8b05f13ce877b711fbb6ecec8.jpg

• Like 1

On the soi next to the Buffalo Bar a swanky, new Thai restaurant will soon be opening.
P2240027.thumb.jpg.8cd496c36adb8cb0c6c77db1543dc000.jpg
I walked past this place almost daily on my daily walk interesting building the lady did confirm it's going to be a restaurant. Looks like it's going to have a lot of parking my guess is maybe tour groups not the greatest location I guess time will tell

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, RR007 said:

That Office on Lk Metro was buzzing friday night.... Some sort of party plenty of chicks to say the least 2 completely bollacky in the jacuzzi plus giving out free drink coupons outside. I only took a draft beer which is only 60 baht regular price anyway but guys came in beside had bottles so clearly no restriction. Draft was Tiger so time I'd had 4 and ready to pop over Showgirls total bill was only 180 baht so naturally lobbed over 200 damn good night in there for a fiver sterling

Plenty of titties on view and obviously flange in jacuzzi

I went in. The drink coupon was just for draught beer. 

There were 2 photographers doing a photoshoot there, so I think they had to get the place buzzing. 

17 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I walked past this place almost daily on my daily walk interesting building the lady did confirm it's going to be a restaurant. Looks like it's going to have a lot of parking my guess is maybe tour groups not the greatest location I guess time will tell

A friend had been living about 11 years in the place next door. When construction started up last year and he saw the magnitude of what was going in he pulled up stakes and now lives in the Pratumnak Hill area. Wise move on his part and in a much nicer location.

On 2/24/2019 at 1:35 PM, Bazle said:

I went in. The drink coupon was just for draught beer. 

There were 2 photographers doing a photoshoot there, so I think they had to get the place buzzing. 

Interesting so chances are they hired a few lookers for the shoot, who won't normally be there?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/24/2019 at 12:46 PM, Painter said:

Last night....20190223_202902.thumb.jpg.4d49a4f8b05f13ce877b711fbb6ecec8.jpg

It looks like a new swanky hairdressers to me.

I will not be tempted away from my stylist "Da" who says what a lovely colour my hair is and that I am a very hansum man and always thanks me for the 100 baht tip I give her. :default_blum:

The new gogo opening up the Soi is a gogo on the ground floor and karaoke on the second floor.
Couldn’t believe it when the Thai lady owner told me the rent. It’s actually more than my place and it’s half the size. The last resident there was paying less than half the rent she is now.
New TVs, fridges, sound system going in. She’s spent a fortune.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This may not be new, but Jolly's no longer seems to offer a Sunday carvery  buffet.  The restaurant and the Piss Stop Bar have had a checkered past due the major, major legal problems of the husband-and-wife owners. It doesn't get more serious than being sentenced to death. The food had gotten atrocious in the wake of all the hassles and the restaurant was closed for months.  Apparently it's being operated by the family of the wife and old staff.  The menu and specials haven't changed, but the carvery is gone.  I just hope the food has gotten better, but I'm not brave enough to try it again.

IMG_0022.jpg.0dda587e7e5c81710535a1ca95eea7f7.jpg

The Beer Hubb on Soi Buakhao across from the Chunky Monkey has been open about a month now, but doesn't seem to have attracted many customers.

IMG_0025.jpg.d93747bbe3afd84e21dc63ed017ff5df.jpg

The set up looks nice and the price of bottled beer is in line with other bars on Soi Buakhao.  The menu is Indian, Thai and international food.

IMG_0024.jpg.49411ba87e2dde206a9bd3d5b61e63e2.jpg

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1

4 hours ago, Painter said:

The area behind the great wall in the avenue is being cleared into one large open space. No sign as to what is going in there yet.

20190226_120330.jpg

Personally I think they should knock down all the ocean side of  Walking Street and turn the Avenue into a Nana type place

and resettle them there.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Streak said:

Personally I think they should knock down all the ocean side of  Walking Street and turn the Avenue into a Nana type place

and resettle them there.....

Whilst I agree, I hope the back is well soundproofed do the same of the residents on soi 15...

22 hours ago, Painter said:

The area behind the great wall in the avenue is being cleared into one large open space. No sign as to what is going in there yet.

20190226_120330.jpg

Spoke to builders.  New minimart going in. 

Salon is moving to here... open in 2 weeks, they hope!

20190227_105500.thumb.jpg.a3f345f7a281ba5b355c503c5ff8977f.jpg20190227_105526.thumb.jpg.3914de3299f34c3c8161aefd0525214a.jpg

• Great Info 2

24 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Another brilliant decision! A few paces away from Villa Market in one direction, and a few paces from a good-sized 7/11 in the other.

Surely this is a good sign that this sort of business will do well there.

A bit like as a guy who almost never wears watches or sun glasses I'm hardly ever bothered by hawkers. Wear them and it's obvious that you like them so you are a good target to sell to.

Running "parallel" to the avenues great wall, a new row of market stall. They do make the passage a bit narrow in one part....

15512439596651530119932.thumb.jpg.db6b6b716fabcc3fde27bda8c6242f1e.jpg

Some already occupied...

1551243896570-1847557899.thumb.jpg.0ffd870e0214574a05e3bf54b6a778a4.jpg

Including this chap who last year had a stall in the downstairs market, then was moved to a small 2nd floor out of the way lockup, then to the middle of the 2nd floor market, now to here. He always seems busy

1551243915366404942350.thumb.jpg.925928761dbbb11aa00c27fb8719102a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

Another brilliant decision! A few paces away from Villa Market in one direction, and a few paces from a good-sized 7/11 in the other.

A short distance to the left of the building site are a 7-11 and Family mart.   To the right is another 7-11.. ..    Plenty of convenience already in the area.

What they need is an ice cream shop since the cookies and cream place had a fire and closed down a few years ago (and it looks like the beauty salon will take over their former location)