What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

20 hours ago, Bazle said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't give real-time rates. It currently is saying: "Last Update: 31/01/2020 02:21:59"

Yes, I thought they'd update it more frequently than that. At 11:38 AM the last update was at 09:51, so not ever every hour. Disappointing!

OTOH, it shows that the rate then was 40.95, so it's not all disappointing!

Forgot to take my cash from Buriram and don't fancy paying the 220 baht ATM fee plus getting a shit exchange rate from the bank, so just sent some money with Transferwise this morning to our Thai bank account. 

I got an FX rate of 34,64 but considering the transfer fee of €7,65 for sending €600 the net rate is 33,76. Money will be in the bank tomorrow morning. Not as good as cash obviously but not bad either. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Down to 40.10 in TT at the moment according to their website (which was updated 10 minutes ago).

Why??????????????????????????????????????????????  😭

Yes walked past a few booths and 40.10 for the GBP mostly. 

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Down to 40.10 in TT at the moment according to their website (which was updated 10 minutes ago).

Why??????????????????????????????????????????????  😭

Sabre rattling over the trade deal, threats to walk away etc. 

Will be the exact same as last year, right up to 2 weeks to go, then both sides will shit themselves, deal done. 

£ will be all over the place until then. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Sabre rattling over the trade deal, threats to walk away etc. 

Will be the exact same as last year, right up to 2 weeks to go, then both sides will shit themselves, deal done. 

£ will be all over the place until then. 

Rumour and fear dictate.