What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

53 minutes ago, KWA said:

Any reason you pay using a card rather than bank transfer to save a few quid on the fees?

Just easier for me  - would take longer to log into my bank and transfer the funds , this way I only have to confirm my security code for my card and the difference is only about £2 

• Thanks 1

Will be higher when they open today. Interbank up to 41.28 at time of post as Baht continues to weaken against the USD.....starting to get within touching distance of 32 at 31.77

Edited by RR007

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

The pound's fetching 41.22 Baht in TT at the moment.

It's a lot better than the 36.50 I was getting back in November, anyway.

Happy days are (almost) here again!

All down to the Baht weakening out against the USD......All the way to 35 with a bit of luck !

With all the shit going on in Thailand its pretty sad the US dollar has only moved up a bit more than 1 point......I mean like whats it going to take to get a rally going?......A full scale nuclear war?  A 2000 foot tidal wave? Or What? Some one wants the baht to stay strong no matter what it seems to me...... 

Edited by fforest

On 2/27/2020 at 3:30 AM, Mr. Smooth said:

Been a nice rally in recent days by the Yank dollar. Not long ago, it was a frog hair over 30, now within spitting distance of 32.

Yeah....35 would be nice!

Not so long ago the dollar was at 35.......

On 2/26/2020 at 5:22 PM, Homor said:

It’s amazing how strong the Thai baht is with all the things happening around it . Tourism is down . Factory output is down , virus in China and flights now being stopped for some countries 

If this is not a case of blatant currency manipulation I don't know what is.... 

1 hour ago, fforest said:

If this is not a case of blatant currency manipulation I don't know what is.... 

Nope....with $225 Billion of foreign currency reserves (which I think now places them 11th in the world) they can buy their own currency on international markets virtually indefinately to keep it at a level they desire.

Its not manipulation per se or fraud or anything inbetween

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RR007 said:

Nope....with $225 Billion of foreign currency reserves (which I think now places them 11th in the world) they can buy their own currency on international markets virtually indefinately to keep it at a level they desire.

Its not manipulation per se or fraud or anything inbetween

225 billion is for sure a huge amount of money but in the world of currency exchanges it wont last forever in artificially propping up a currency and that's a fact....  

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

225 billion is for sure a huge amount of money but in the world of currency exchanges it wont last forever in artificially propping up a currency and that's a fact....  

Lets put it another way.....everyone on this forum would be long gone dead and buried before that money even reached double figures.