What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

15 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Bulletproof Baht.

That term is all worn out now.......With interest rates at almost zero, Thai airlines going bankrupt, zero tourist ,mass unemployment........Bulletproof just does not cut it..........No what we are seeing is absolute prof that the baht is absolutely controlled 100%......The free market exchange rates is DEAD......

Edited by fforest

3 minutes ago, fforest said:

That term is all worn out now.......With interest rates at almost zero, Thai airlines going bankrupt, zero tourist ,mass unemployment........Bulletproof just does not cut it..........No what we are seeing is absolute prof that the baht is absolutely controlled 100%......The free market exchange rates is DEAD......

What reason would the Thai govt have to keep the baht artificially high. Thailand is an export and tourism driven economy, a strong baht is a detriment if anything.

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

What reason would the Thai govt have to keep the baht artificially high. Thailand is an export and tourism driven economy, a strong baht is a detriment if anything.

But what if you have billions of it and enjoy traveling to and buying property in Europe eg Germany? 😉

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

The free market anyway doesn't work when there's an unlimited money supply coming in due to governments printing money to save their economies from collapsing. 

Just now, Esco said:

But what if you have billions of it and enjoy traveling to and buying property in Europe eg Germany? 😉

Yeah I've seen that point made and tbh it does make sense. Doesn't help us though, pound at 38 odd baht is fucking grim.

• Like 1

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

Yeah I've seen that point made and tbh it does make sense. Doesn't help us though, pound at 38 odd baht is fucking grim.

I ought to be getting paid it baht soon so let it go to 30 I say lol 

• Thumbs Up 1