What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

I bought a grand over with TW yesterday afternoon, blimey but that was fast, I hadn't even had time to press the button saying "I've transferred my money" before an SMS arrived from SCB saying 40,583 Baht had arrived in my account.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

The Fx analysts seem stumped why the pound was the best-performing major currency last week. They still think that over the coming weeks it's going to head downwards, so this is a good buying opportunity for companies to cash in on the rate. I guess the same is true for us minions, unless you think for some reason that the pound's rally might last into next week. Since they don't know why it did well last week, I'm going to be bullish and bet on a higher rate in the coming week. I usually end up regretting these decisions, though, lol....

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

The Fx analysts seem stumped why the pound was the best-performing major currency last week. They still think that over the coming weeks it's going to head downwards, so this is a good buying opportunity for companies to cash in on the rate. I guess the same is true for us minions, unless you think for some reason that the pound's rally might last into next week. Since they don't know why it did well last week, I'm going to be bullish and bet on a higher rate in the coming week. I usually end up regretting these decisions, though, lol....

Not Sterling strength entirely down to Dollar weakness. Same for Euro highest against the USD in 2 years and same Aussie Dollar. Dollar weak against all major currencies......the yanks are also concerned that Biden will topple Trump and that wont go down well for the USD

Edited by RR007

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Fucking Hell, first time i've looked at this thread in a while, we're cruising then, near 41 😁

It does make you wonder how bad things need to be when we're happy to see the Sterling go over 40 baht to the pound!, 10 years ago the suggestion of which would have most people laughing.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Butch said:

It does make you wonder how bad things need to be when we're happy to see the Sterling go over 40 baht to the pound!, 10 years ago the suggestion of which would have most people laughing.

I used to wince when it dropped below 50. :default_1087:

• Thumbs Up 3