What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

I just got 42.46 from TW, or maybe I should just call it W now that they've changed their name. It certainly beats the +/-37 I was getting for much of the second half of 2019, and on occasion in 2020 too. The rate's now up to 42.58 and still rising, damn, maybe I should have waited...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Krapow said:

@Blue Streak what's happening my my man, i needs to know if my the Baht is still up round the lofty heights of 41, or has crashed back down to 39 and i should be contemplating jumping off a tall building! :default_biggrin:

Hope you have't been put off posting your daily pics on the forum, the vast, vast majority of us enjoy and appreciate them, please continue! 

He may well be up country enjoying the quiet life.

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

He may well be up country enjoying the quiet life.

Ah, okay, that would explain it.

Still selfish as f**k from him, how dare he go and enjoy some quite life when i can't sleep at night not knowing if the Baht is at 39 or 41 :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Ah, okay, that would explain it.

Still selfish as f**k from him, how dare he go and enjoy some quite life when i can't sleep at night not knowing if the Baht is at 39 or 41 :default_biggrin:

If you're only getting 41, you're being robbed...

42.94 on transferwise! 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

If you're only getting 41, you're being robbed...

42.94 on transferwise! 

See, point proven, i haven't a clue what's going on since blue streak stopped posting in the thread. 

Shambles!  Potentially costing me all sort of money, 1.94 Baht is 1.94 Baht!

@Blue Streak hope you're proud of yourself, i'm near suicidal here ffs! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

See, point proven, i haven't a clue what's going on since blue streak stopped posting in the thread. 

Shambles!  Potentially costing me all sort of money, 1.94 Baht is 1.94 Baht!

@Blue Streak hope you're proud of yourself, i'm near suicidal here ffs! 

I'm back in the UK m8, sorry can't help and sorry for zero pictures of empty bars and streets...lol...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

I just got 42.688 net of TW's charges.

No huge complaints on the exchange rate then, though obviously I'd prefer that it was back up to 50+, but why is it that I sent them the money around 2:15 this afternoon and they acknowledged receipt of it, but said that I wouldn't get my funds until 2:30 tomorrow afternoon? Other times, under almost identical circumstances, the money has appeared in my SCB account almost instantaneously. What the heck are they playing at?

8 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I just got 42.688 net of TW's charges.

No huge complaints on the exchange rate then, though obviously I'd prefer that it was back up to 50+, but why is it that I sent them the money around 2:15 this afternoon and they acknowledged receipt of it, but said that I wouldn't get my funds until 2:30 tomorrow afternoon? Other times, under almost identical circumstances, the money has appeared in my SCB account almost instantaneously. What the heck are they playing at?

Exactly the same for me where transfers usually appeared in my Thai bank straight away to now taking about 24 hours.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

I'm back in the UK m8, sorry can't help and sorry for zero pictures of empty bars and streets...lol...

Plenty of empty bars in the UK currently, ya don't get off that easy! :default_biggrin:

Well if you're back here, you'll be depressed enough ffs!

Thanks for all the pics, lets hope you're back in sunnier climes soon! 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/29/2021 at 10:48 AM, Toy Boy said:

. . . . but why is it that I sent them the money around 2:15 this afternoon and they acknowledged receipt of it, but said that I wouldn't get my funds until 2:30 tomorrow afternoon? Other times, under almost identical circumstances, the money has appeared in my SCB account almost instantaneously. What the heck are they playing at?

Reason for transfer and bank process timing seem to affect it.  Bangkok Bank for example seem to process a lot of stuff at 2:00pm so if you miss that cut off you might have to wait until 2:00pm the next day.  A different reason or routing or recipient bank can still make it almost instantaneous IME.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KWA said:

Reason for transfer and bank process timing seem to affect it.  Bangkok Bank for example seem to process a lot of stuff at 2:00pm so if you miss that cut off you might have to wait until 2:00pm the next day.  A different reason or routing or recipient bank can still make it almost instantaneous IME.

Got to say out of the last 3 transfers I made, 2 were in the recipients bank within 20 seconds but one did take overnight as it was made on a Sunday morning.

Sending early morning before close of business Bangkok time tends to offer a quick transfer. I send only to Kbank.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Got to say out of the last 3 transfers I made, 2 were in the recipients bank within 20 seconds but one did take overnight as it was made on a Sunday morning.

Sending early morning before close of business Bangkok time tends to offer a quick transfer. I send only to Kbank.

Wie sent some money 6 o`clock this evening it went through in 6seconds, 43.055 bht.

• Thumbs Up 1