What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Quite a drop from Tuesday for the US Dollar...😧

Quite a drop all round I think ....

Purely by coincidence this morning I've just learnt that the German for "manipulation" is "manipulation"

For example "Finanzmarktmanipulation"

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Haha 1

Pound has dropped substantially over the last few days against the dollar. Mostly to do with the BOE chairman being non committal about further interest rate increases which has upset investors, maybe also Boris saying he won't support Rishi's deal on Northern Ireland can't have helped.

• Like 3

On 3/2/2023 at 10:01 PM, Horizondave said:

Pound has dropped substantially over the last few days against the dollar. Mostly to do with the BOE chairman being non committal about further interest rate increases which has upset investors, maybe also Boris saying he won't support Rishi's deal on Northern Ireland can't have helped.

It's every time the pound strengthens, some idiot opens their gob to spoil it.

Then of course if it gets too strong, things get adjusted.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Almost exactly 42THB/GBP on Wise this morning (OK, 41.9966 if you want to be pedantic, lol). Apparently, this rate includes the 93.4% market expectation that the BoE MPC will raise rates by 0.25% today. If they don't, then you can expect the pound to drop.

• Great Info 1

I'm not sure I like the look of this on Wise' website.  If they're going to no fee then they'll have to make their money off the exchange rate which is not how they've operated up until now.

image.png

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...