What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

XE is quoting 40.33 at the mo', which would mean 40.15-40.20 in TT. I guess the 40.05 is the result of weekend hedging.

Interesting to see that the Euro is close to crashing down into the 34's. There was a good piece on the impending Eurozone recession in the Torygraph two days ago. Germany's a mess and a large part of the EU is looking as bad or worse.

I had some time to spare at the airport yesterday so ventured down for the first time to the bottom level where the good exchanges are supposed to be found.  It was my first time and I'd had a bellyfull of beer on the plane so there may be some errors.

As I walked past the ramps down to the platform entrance the exchange places were past the bottom and to the left of these ramps.  Is that the place?

The first booth on my right was one of the xxxRich places and was shut.  Relocated to the Nova(?) hotel a short distance away according to a sign on the window.

The other xxxRich places were as far as I could go, and last two booths on my left.  Again, does that sound right from those who have been before?

Anyway, all these places were offering < 40 baht for my GBP.  When checking xe.com on my phone I estimated >40 at TT Pattaya which was indeed the case when I got there.

I thought these airport ones were the best so what have I got wrong?  Should I have gone to the new location of the one that had moved?

• Thumbs Up 1

You were at the right place. There is/was 6 there but looks like the top one has relocated as you say. Always found them virtually spot on the Yellow TT rates of Pattaya with maybe 5 satang plus/minus but obviously vastly superior to the Cartel rates on departures/arrivals

7 hours ago, KWA said:

I had some time to spare at the airport yesterday so ventured down for the first time to the bottom level where the good exchanges are supposed to be found.  It was my first time and I'd had a bellyfull of beer on the plane so there may be some errors.

As I walked past the ramps down to the platform entrance the exchange places were past the bottom and to the left of these ramps.  Is that the place?

The first booth on my right was one of the xxxRich places and was shut.  Relocated to the Nova(?) hotel a short distance away according to a sign on the window.

The other xxxRich places were as far as I could go, and last two booths on my left.  Again, does that sound right from those who have been before?

Anyway, all these places were offering < 40 baht for my GBP.  When checking xe.com on my phone I estimated >40 at TT Pattaya which was indeed the case when I got there.

I thought these airport ones were the best so what have I got wrong?  Should I have gone to the new location of the one that had moved?

Did the superrich look like this?

ED7DFE14-65E3-4923-909E-6B3CB9E4F125.jpeg

14 hours ago, KWA said:

I checked out SuperRich late last year on arrival.

Had to wait 40 mins plus then when I got to Pattaya found rates on Buakhow only very slightly under SuperRich.

It may have just been that day and others report a different outcome, but I won't bother with them again.

I had only checked it out as the place I was staying wanted payment upfront on arrival.

• Like 1