What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

10 hours ago, Bazel said:

If you have ever wondered how "picky" the exchange booths can be, I've just had this note rejected at a TT place because of a small bit of rubber stamp at the edge of the Queen's image. 

2019-02-20 16.19.28.jpg

And they put a stamp on every note you give them, i understand if they are badly defaced, but that one i would of thought acceptable. I always take 50s all i have had is one that they put a little bit of selotape on, had a small tear i hadnt noticed

15 hours ago, Bazel said:

If you have ever wondered how "picky" the exchange booths can be, I've just had this note rejected at a TT place because of a small bit of rubber stamp at the edge of the Queen's image. 

2019-02-20 16.19.28.jpg

Just try another one , put it in the middle of the cash you are changing 

18 hours ago, Bazel said:

2019-02-20 16.19.28.jpg

Bank Gold on Soi Rungland would take it. Recently one of my $50 notes was torn and he just placed some sticky tape over the tear.

• Thanks 1

That Sabai exchange under Atlantic Bar Soi 3 will take any old crap you put across the counter. More alarmingly (for them) they dont even scan for counterfeits or anything. I was startled when I lobbed £500 over last trip including 4x £20s rejected at TT and she just counted in full view tapped calculator and handed over the wonga. Took photocopy passport

They consistently beat TT by around 4-5 satang so if you're in the area worth using

• Great Info 1

9 minutes ago, RR007 said:

That Sabai exchange under Atlantic Bar Soi 3 will take any old crap you put across the counter. More alarmingly (for them) they dont even scan for counterfeits or anything. I was startled when I lobbed £500 over last trip including 4x £20s rejected at TT and she just counted in full view tapped calculator and handed over the wonga. Took photocopy passport

They consistently beat TT by around 4-5 satang so if you're in the area worth using

I guess the downside is that if they take any old crap then they'll have no reservations giving you any old crap in return.

Edited by tessbruin
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tessbruin said:

I guess the downside is that if they take any old crap then they'll have no reservations giving you any old crap in return.

Rare to see any Thai banknotes in anything but excellent condition because of the image on them

Edited by RR007

^ ^

Whilst discussions continue to take a no deal brexit off the table Sterling will continue to rise against the Greenback. Handy that the Baht has stopped its relentless gains against the Dollar as well and seems to have settled for now at 31.30 interbank

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RR007 said:

^ ^

Whilst discussions continue to take a no deal brexit off the table Sterling will continue to rise against the Greenback. Handy that the Baht has stopped its relentless gains against the Dollar as well and seems to have settled for now at 31.30 interbank

Yep, and whenever no deal is ruled out, as it will be one way or another, and could happen this week, Sterling will get a wee surge.