What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

3 hours ago, Punter said:

Would anybody like to predict what they think the exchange rate for the GBP in July which is when I have my annual monthly stay in Pattaya. Any opinions will be welcomed.

As the GBP rate is being greatly influenced by Brexit events, my opinion would be deemed a political comment, and therefore should not be posted here!

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Punter said:

Would anybody like to predict what they think the exchange rate for the GBP in July which is when I have my annual monthly stay in Pattaya. Any opinions will be welcomed.

If its not higher in July than the live interbank of 42.01 currently I will organise a piss up for every board member and pay for it lol. You can screenshot that lol

Rest assured it will be higher

Always worth "pound cost averaging" using Transferwise. If you're happy with 42 send some. If in the interim it goes to 44 send the balance and average at 43.  If it drops from 42 at least you have locked that rate into your account as well

'

52 minutes ago, RR007 said:

If its not higher in July than the live interbank of 42.01 currently I will organise a piss up for every board member and pay for it lol. You can screenshot that lol

Rest assured it will be higher

Always worth "pound cost averaging" using Transferwise. If you're happy with 42 send some. If in the interim it goes to 44 send the balance and average at 43.  If it drops from 42 at least you have locked that rate into your account as well

'

Cheers...

6CD4B4D8-9E0B-4D2B-9C2A-3F2625FE4AFF.png

Can we have cake as well please?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Cheers...

6CD4B4D8-9E0B-4D2B-9C2A-3F2625FE4AFF.png

Can we have cake as well please?

Grrrrr you mentioned cake.. however you are forgiven considering the circumstances.

A bold offer and if he followers through could be an expensive one.

GDM

9 minutes ago, JDM said:

Grrrrr you mentioned cake.. however you are forgiven considering the circumstances.

A bold offer and if he followers through could be an expensive one.

GDM

Wont be paying out lol and not because I couldnt afford to.Shall we agree on say 15th July exactly 4 months away

8 hours ago, RR007 said:

Wont be paying out lol and not because I couldnt afford to.Shall we agree on say 15th July exactly 4 months away

Sorry the 15th July is no good to me. I don't arrive until the 22nd. I wish I'd mentioned that in my post now. 

Anytime from 23rd of July would be good for me.

14 hours ago, Punter said:

Sorry the 15th July is no good to me. I don't arrive until the 22nd. I wish I'd mentioned that in my post now. 

Anytime from 23rd of July would be good for me.

lol I was being serious but we cant change dates because you'll possibly miss out on a free piss up (you wont miss that freebie rest assured)

Relax even if Sterling stayed at exact same levels are now against the Greenback the fact that the Baht will almost certainly weaken out till 33/34/35 by June (and touted higher by Kasikorn) will put Sterling Baht around the 44-46 level, If a Brexit deal is signed off pre July 15th we'll see a huge surge against the Greenback as well which highly likely combined will put us above 50

Relax lol there will be be no freebie piss up to miss  😎😎

Edited by RR007

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

lol I was being serious but we cant change dates because you'll possibly miss out on a free piss up (you wont miss that freebie rest assured)

Relax even if Sterling stayed at exact same levels are now against the Greenback the fact that the Baht will almost certainly weaken out till 33/34/35 by June (and touted higher by Kasikorn) will put Sterling Baht around the 44-46 level, If a Brexit deal is signed off pre July 15th we'll see a huge surge against the Greenback as well which highly likely combined will put us above 50

Relax lol there will be be no freebie piss up to miss  😎😎

Thanks for the assurance. I hope you're right.