What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

12 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

TT.jpg

If thats what they are giving someones made a huge error. 38.15 is above interbank currently so they're losing hand over fist. Should be around 37.90

Edited course its bank holiday....someones gonna get a slap tomorrow lol

Edited by RR007

2 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

38.20 before fee's or after ?

When I or the wife send money we specify how much we want to arrive the other end, yesterday it was 4000 baht and the rate was 38.20 to the pound, we paid £2.05 pence on top of the pound rate converted to baht at 38.20. 

I therefore paid £104.71 for the 4000 baht and £2.05 charges. Total £106.76

If I had actioned the transaction via World Remit (a company I used to use) the rate would have been 37.15 to the pound with £3.99 charges.

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

When I or the wife send money we specify how much we want to arrive the other end, yesterday it was 4000 baht and the rate was 38.20 to the pound, we paid £2.05 pence on top of the pound rate converted to baht at 38.20. 

I therefore paid £104.71 for the 4000 baht and £2.05 charges. Total £106.76

If I had actioned the transaction via World Remit (a company I used to use) the rate would have been 37.15 to the pound with £3.99 charges.

good value then, thanks for the costing breakdown.

5 hours ago, RR007 said:

lol I only genuinely thought about that last week. Yes was all based on us actually leaving on 29th March. Will organise it from October at a location everyone is happy with

Thanks for the offer, but I am only in Pattaya for another three weeks.

5 hours ago, RR007 said:

lol I only genuinely thought about that last week. Yes was all based on us actually leaving on 29th March. Will organise it from October at a location everyone is happy with

5 hours ago, RR007 said:

5 hours ago, RR007 said:

5 hours ago, RR007 said:

5 hours ago, RR007 said:

7 hours ago, RR007 said:

Thanks for the offer but I'm only in Pattaya for another three weeks.

• Haha 1

I'm out thats it.

Tanked another 44 Satang just today. Sterling in freefall against the Dollar now $1.22 causing it. Dollar/Baht is stable.  Never thought I would say it but Boris will talk us down to Parity. He's being slaughtered by political commentators for his frankly outright threats to the EU.  Like the Thais they'll not lose face over this now

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

I'm out thats it.

Tanked another 44 Satang just today. Sterling in freefall against the Dollar now $1.22 causing it. Dollar/Baht is stable.  Never thought I would say it but Boris will talk us down to Parity. He's being slaughtered by political commentators for his frankly outright threats to the EU.  Like the Thais they'll not lose face over this now

What are you going to do ....stay home and never travel ... ? The pound has tanked against most currencies, although the THB strength has not helped either ... Thailand is still the best destination for the type of holidays I want ( winter sun and women ) no where else can offer that imho and I have travelled to other countries ( Brazil , Cambodia, Vietnam, Burma ) 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Captain_B said:

There is a percentage of the UK population that cannot afford to travel. That perventage is slowly increasing.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

Good bye Thailand Cambodia Vietnam....Hello Blackpool....