What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

The Australian dollar finally cracked 20 and the Euro cracked 33...The Pound is just a quarter point away from cracking 36....

The Dollar seems to weak but holding firm....

The aud is low 21.14 from what iam seeing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know you'd have to be mad to buy your Baht from them, but look at thr current SCB Fx rates (the Buy Notes column at the right-hand end):

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/foreign-exchange-rates.html

GBP = 36.39

USD = 29.57-30.41

EUR = 33.41

AUD = 20.44

at the time of writing (the page will update so you will see different rates)

Those numbers ought to make you feel good about getting the rates from TT, lol.

22 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I know you'd have to be mad to buy your Baht from them, but look at thr current SCB Fx rates (the Buy Notes column at the right-hand end):

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/foreign-exchange-rates.html

GBP = 36.39

USD = 29.57-30.41

EUR = 33.41

AUD = 20.44

at the time of writing (the page will update so you will see different rates)

Those numbers ought to make you feel good about getting the rates from TT, lol.

SCB TT rate is 36.89 and that i believe is what i get for Swift transfers.

On 7/28/2019 at 7:12 PM, Punter said:

Just wondering if you ever had that piss up?

On 7/28/2019 at 7:18 PM, Stillearly said:

His share tips aren't doing that great either ... so probably can't afford it at the moment 😉😉😉 

This one from a couple of months later on the USD wasn't quite spot on either.

2 hours ago, KWA said:

This one from a couple of months later on the USD wasn't quite spot on either.

Its  a pity I didnt dare give you guys the 4 basket case share tips that I considered too risky to share with others. 3 have multibagged and one times 6.

Two of those three share tips in February 2019 I acknowledge are bad but kindly also note that I said 12 month minimum hold at the time. Come Feb 2020 I will update those 3 and the analysis is welcome at that time

Edited by RR007

4 hours ago, fforest said:

The Dollar seems to be weak but holding firm....

Yes its been sat that level for 3 weeks now give or take.

Its Sterlings the Euro and the AUD weakness against the USD that is dragging us down

A decent read on Sterling's demise in the Mail this morning. I personally think he's spot-on when he concludes:

"Even so, it strikes me as deranged to see a tumbling pound as anything other than bad news.

To put it very simply, the further our currency falls, the more we pay, not just for sunhats and ice lollies on holiday, but for the fruit and vegetables in our supermarkets, the appliances on our High Street shelves and the cars on the dealer’s forecourt.

Higher prices mean lower living standards, a slowing economy and, in the long run, higher unemployment. Nothing to celebrate there....

And if Mr Johnson is not worried, he should be.

For if the pound continues to plunge indefinitely, the only people who will lose their shirts will be us: the British people."

It's also good to see him debunking the myth that even respectable economists peddle these days, people who should be able to analyse the economic data themselves and draw their own conclusions, rather than regurgitating the sham-wisdom peddled by monetary doves who couldn't care less about people's standard of living.

“Indeed, according to some Brexiteers, we should cheer a falling pound, since it will make our products cheaper abroad, boosting British business, turbo-charging the economy and providing countless new manufacturing jobs.

Unfortunately, very few economists or businessmen find this remotely plausible. Nor do I.

For one thing, these days most British manufacturers rely on imported components, which would be far more expensive with a lower pound. So their goods would not be cheaper after all.

And the idea of a devalued pound unleashing an exports boom has long since been exposed as a self-deluding fantasy. Back in 1967, Harold Wilson told the nation that a lower pound meant we could ‘sell more goods abroad’. No such boom materialised.

It did not materialise in 2008 either, when the pound took a battering during the financial crisis.

Nor in 2016, when sterling dropped like a stone after the EU referendum.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7307953/Sterlings-plunge-left-holidaymakers-despair-worried-long-term.html

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

A decent read on Sterling's demise in the Mail this morning. I personally think he's spot-on when he concludes:

"Even so, it strikes me as deranged to see a tumbling pound as anything other than bad news.

To put it very simply, the further our currency falls, the more we pay, not just for sunhats and ice lollies on holiday, but for the fruit and vegetables in our supermarkets, the appliances on our High Street shelves and the cars on the dealer’s forecourt.

Higher prices mean lower living standards, a slowing economy and, in the long run, higher unemployment. Nothing to celebrate there....

And if Mr Johnson is not worried, he should be.

For if the pound continues to plunge indefinitely, the only people who will lose their shirts will be us: the British people."

It's also good to see him debunking the myth that even respectable economists peddle these days, people who should be able to analyse the economic data themselves and draw their own conclusions, rather than regurgitating the sham-wisdom peddled by monetary doves who couldn't care less about people's standard of living.

“Indeed, according to some Brexiteers, we should cheer a falling pound, since it will make our products cheaper abroad, boosting British business, turbo-charging the economy and providing countless new manufacturing jobs.

Unfortunately, very few economists or businessmen find this remotely plausible. Nor do I.

For one thing, these days most British manufacturers rely on imported components, which would be far more expensive with a lower pound. So their goods would not be cheaper after all.

And the idea of a devalued pound unleashing an exports boom has long since been exposed as a self-deluding fantasy. Back in 1967, Harold Wilson told the nation that a lower pound meant we could ‘sell more goods abroad’. No such boom materialised.

It did not materialise in 2008 either, when the pound took a battering during the financial crisis.

Nor in 2016, when sterling dropped like a stone after the EU referendum.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7307953/Sterlings-plunge-left-holidaymakers-despair-worried-long-term.html

I'm a bit shocked that was in the DM if I'm honest 👍

These bad exchange rates must be really putting the kabash on expats and tourists life styles....One point drop here and one point drop there again and again and soon your talking real money....

Its not just the farang who are having to tighten their belts, the millions of Thais who depend on them are most likely doing a double belt tightening....

At least the youtubers will not be making any more of those ridiculous you can live well in Thailand on 500 dollars a month videos.....lol 

Edited by fforest

Getting the wife over again next month and driving down to southern Spain. Got some Euros stashed for that. On return to Thailand I have lost my retirement visa anyway so will be spending the million on hold for the visa. When thats gone, sell Pattaya home and spend more time in Issaan. Hope everything is settled by then.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, Captain_B said:

Getting the wife over again next month and driving down to southern Spain. Got some Euros stashed for that. On return to Thailand I have lost my retirement visa anyway so will be spending the million on hold for the visa. When thats gone, sell Pattaya home and spend more time in Issaan. Hope everything is settled by then.

Will take time to get better IMHO ! Better make sure that house sale money lasts.

BTW : Selling assets to cover daily expenses (what you plan to do) is a risky strategy. If things pick up (your income improves, due to better exchange rate + you lower your expenses by moving to Issan) you will have passed the storm, but come out of it with less or no assets. If things dont improve you're BK ! 

Better economics (if you have an Euro / GBP pension or income) would be to transfer the house sale money home, and live there till better days ?

But of course, I dont know the in an outs of your precise situation, so I could be completely off subject.

Will take time to get better IMHO ! Better make sure that house sale money lasts.
BTW : Selling assets to cover daily expenses (what you plan to do) is a risky strategy. If things pick up (your income improves, due to better exchange rate + you lower your expenses by moving to Issan) you will have passed the storm, but come out of it with less or no assets. If things dont improve you're BK ! 
Better economics (if you have an Euro / GBP pension or income) would be to transfer the house sale money home, and live there till better days ?
But of course, I dont know the in an outs of your precise situation, so I could be completely off subject.

I,m just bringing my plan forward in time. We don,t know how long we have left to live. I,m also losing interest in Pattaya. I have an interested buyer already asking me to sell. He,s a Thai of course.

Sent from my ASUS_X013DA using Tapatalk