What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

What's the restriction ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As I understand it, you can take the original purchase fee plus an allowance for annual appreciation, but the house has gone up in value far in excess of the small annual allowance. But anyway, I will just be releasing funds to live on. I understand the above comment about losing assets but like I said, none of us are here forever.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

I just went past a currency booth and the pound was going for 37.07......Man this is just shit......My new rates I am going to pay are ST 600    LT 1000 NO EXCEPTIONS..... And if the girls complain I will just break out the currency charts...lol

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Captain_B said:

As I understand it, you can take the original purchase fee plus an allowance for annual appreciation, but the house has gone up in value far in excess of the small annual allowance. But anyway, I will just be releasing funds to live on. I understand the above comment about losing assets but like I said, none of us are here forever.

Thanks, never knew the profits from the sale of a house had to stay in country..... Another whacky Thailand rule/law !!

On 8/2/2019 at 3:30 PM, Captain_B said:

On 8/3/2019 at 6:23 AM, Sir_Fondles said:

Thanks, never knew the profits from the sale of a house had to stay in country..... Another whacky Thailand rule/law !!

Well i had a farang couple of friends here in Korat and they sold their bungalow * for 2.5M having paid 1.5M for it to be built 10 years ago, they banked with the Bank of China, its where they deposited their 1.6M for their retirement extensions. They were allowed to repatriate all the dosh back to the UK and made a handsome profit cos the exchange rate had gone from 65bht to 45bht.

* They could'nt own the house/land as farangs but they put it in the name of a very close Thai friend, maybe that is what allowed them to do it.

Just now, RR007 said:

Sub 37 in last 10 minutes now

17 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Thai Baht rate cut not made much difference, GBPTHB will be about 37.25 at TT 

No it wont as seen by the markets as strategy as opposed to a reflection of the economy. To compound that, more investors are dumping investments into Thailand as China trade issues with the US roll on.

4 hours ago, john1000 said:

No it wont as seen by the markets as strategy as opposed to a reflection of the economy. To compound that, more investors are dumping investments into Thailand as China trade issues with the US roll on.

The mass industrialization of SE Asia has been planned since the Chinas Road or Belt intuitive got rolling....But I am not so sure Thai people will be ok with becoming factory slaves by the millions.....  

Edited by fforest

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Just looked on TW 37.10 😟

Yeah TW is interbank so the absolute highest possible

I dread to think what TT exchanges will be weekend shutdown as they normally knock it down a lot more than the normal 20 Satang weekdays spread

30 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Yeah TW is interbank so the absolute highest possible

I dread to think what TT exchanges will be weekend shutdown as they normally knock it down a lot more than the normal 20 Satang weekdays spread

How big a gap is there between interbank and TT rates?

If it is more than 1.5 or 2 % it would smart for me to pay as much as possible with my MC.

12 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I am using my HKD to fund my kids schooling, and now the UNI for son #2

Cost me more and more each year in HKD as it is pegged to the USD....

Screenshot_20190809-104107_Currency-600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20190809-104107_Currency-600x1067.jpg

Wouldn't be better if I used my Euros...😪😪😪

Screenshot_20190809-104125_Currency-600x1067.jpg

You are lucky it is not tied to the Euro 😄

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Odense said:

How big a gap is there between interbank and TT rates?

If it is more than 1.5 or 2 % it would smart for me to pay as much as possible with my MC.

TT (as in yellow TT exchanges) are normally from experience around 20-22 Satang lower than interbank but that will always depend on how often the rates are changed. If you catch them changing the numbers live than yes 20-22 Satang ish but within 10 minutes that could have changed a fair bit so its only a guideline

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RR007 said:

just utterly savage numbers for everyone

Yea, I really hope that this is temporary re Brexit, US-China trade issues which should get resolved. I certainly don't want a break and have to watch day to day spending closely.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:38 AM, fforest said:

I just went past a currency booth and the pound was going for 37.07......Man this is just shit......My new rates I am going to pay are ST 600    LT 1000 NO EXCEPTIONS..... And if the girls complain I will just break out the currency charts...lol

You're better breaking out connect 4. If you win it's 1000 long time. If She wins its 2000. Showing exchange rates to a Thai is like showing a photo of the milky way to a tortoise.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3