What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

IMHO it is very unlikely the GBP will raise significantly and in a short period of time after Brexit. The pound has to be kept low in order for UK  export goods to be competitive compared to EU suppliers in the world and in Europe.

Brexit is not going to improve UK factories productivity, salaries are not gonna be lowered, so a weak pound is about the only lever available to make UK goods competitive.

Just my 2 eurocents....

Just look at Travelex rates at U.K. airports , they verge on criminal , but idiots are queuing up to use them ...
I believe I can shed some light on this. Many aren,t fools but are on expenses and as long as they keep their receipts they get their own currency repaid in their next paycheck. I have worked with companies like this. The guy who is travelling for company business has a completely different attitude to when he travels on his own expense. He doesn,t want to inconvenience himself by walking round the airport to save his employers money. The same guys order lobster and fillet steak on expenses, then hit Cheap Charlies when they are self funding. Not fools but a little cheeky. All tax deductable anyway. In my experience they would no longer pay for alcohol (they used to) but never queried exchange rates. I suspect many airport exchange customers are of this type.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

So what's the rate on the street guys. Noticed the £ has gained 3 cents against the $ in the last few days and Transferwise is showing 37.91 baht to the pound so might get back up to 38 very soon, maybe.....

Was 37.69 earlier at TT.

Dollar/Baht been in very narrow range last few working days just bouncing around 30.64 interbank. Would be nice if they dropped another 0.25% off their rate and it actually weakened the Baht on this occasion

Edited by RR007
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am just looking at Dollar/Baht and rather than weakening out its doing the opposite and gaining strength against the Greenback....at time of post right up to 30.38 interbank. Seeing how Sterling has jumped against the USD was expecting to see 38 interbank on first check for Brits but wildly off because of above

41 minutes ago, JPK said:

I just transfered some money into my Thai bank account for my trip in December using transferwise.

฿37.93 to the £ 

Yep Sterling/Dollar at highest level (edited just below) its been for some time $1.2452 and Baht weakened slightly from earlier post pushing us up Sterling/Baht

Edited by RR007