What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

50 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

FM. The pound so low. I hope it perks up a bit by the NY, hoping to book a trip

Main problem is Sterling/Dollar and November1st will be the first real test. If we haven't left the EU (99%) than that certainly means no deal is gone for ever and you'd expect to see Sterling start to rise off the back of it. Its currently jittery as hell as no one least of all Bozo knows what hes going to do next. November onwards book with more clarity....

• Like 3

Watch the EU almost certainly put a referendum clause in a 9 month brexit extension (they're not daft) and watch Sterling/Dollar soar as a result.  Without getting complicated the amount of traders switching to "long" is extensive. We'll see soon enough. (If by some miracle a deal is cobbled together in the next week it'll soar anyway obviously)

As before I'm booking nothing till November 1st

Edited by RR007
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

The screenshot of earlier showing 37.80 is shocking. I appreciate its Friday but live interbank is now 38.55 and if it was Monday instead of Friday that  Yellow TT would have been around 38.40 give or take

Gawd, let's hope they can sort something out and the eejits in Parliament don't blow it in another bout of vanity. I had fairly strong views on Brexit at one time, but I'm so utterly fed up with the personal ego-trip that the whole fiasco has become for many MP's that I just want to see it finished, and I don't much care how it ends any more. If the positive noises continue next week maybe we can look forward to seeing 40 THB/GBP in TT again one of these days. Fingers crossed, touch wood, etc., etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

. If the positive noises continue next week maybe we can look forward to seeing 40 THB/GBP in TT again one of these days. Fingers crossed, touch wood, etc., etc.

It'll be over 40 Toyboy rest assured should a deal be agreed and then signed off in the commons. I'd expect to see Sterling back at $1.35 when it becomes clear that its a done deal and then towards $1.40 over the following weeks  (closed last night at $1.2651)

If Sterling was $1.35 and Dollar/Baht where it is now Interbank would be around 41.20. What would be nice though is all these Thai Government reports of "wanting to curb the strength of the Baht" actually getting on and doing it by whatever method they choose...... They talk a lot but do very little. If they achieve what they wanted and back out to 33 against the USD and Sterling was at $1.35 then Sterling/Baht would be 44.55......quite fine margins which make quite a big difference to the bottom line

Edited by RR007
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RR007 said:

It'll be over 40 Toyboy rest assured should a deal be agreed and then signed off in the commons. I'd expect to see Sterling back at $1.35 when it becomes clear that its a done deal and then towards $1.40 over the following weeks  (closed last night at $1.2651)

If Sterling was $1.35 and Dollar/Baht where it is now Interbank would be around 41.20. What would be nice though is all these Thai Government reports of "wanting to curb the strength of the Baht" actually getting on and doing it by whatever method they choose...... They talk a lot but do very little. If they achieve what they wanted and back out to 33 against the USD and Sterling was at $1.35 then Sterling/Baht would be 44.55......quite fine margins which make quite a big difference to the bottom line

I hope what you say comes true and i agree regarding the Thai government's procrastination about wanting to do something about the strong Baht, i read an article a few days ago and they're still talking about the end of the year before we see it weakening, it just goes on and on.