What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

I'm a bit surprised to see the GBP rate better than yesterday. When I switched on the computer this morning (UK time), a headline on the screen was something about the GBP falling as a result of the Tory lead in the opinion polls narrowing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I'm a bit surprised to see the GBP rate better than yesterday. When I switched on the computer this morning (UK time), a headline on the screen was something about the GBP falling as a result of the Tory lead in the opinion polls narrowing. 

But it hasn't, I don't want to talk politics on this thread, but the only poll that got it right last time was released last night, done in a different way, predicted the Tories with a healthy majority. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My missus was suppose to go to Thailand with the boy next week.

When she saw the exchange rate she said “Telac,cancel my trip.Im not going if the money is that bad”.

She has lots of cake,but she insisted,so I cancelled.lololol.

Funny fucker.Now I have to figure out what to do for a Christmas,because I was going to fly to Alabama to play golf for a week.😂😂

• Haha 2

Interbank live is 39.38 at time of post so have just sent over £1.5k via Transferwise towards Januarys trip to lock that in and will pound cost average should rhe Tories win next week which will send Sterling higher..... The danger is a hung parliament (in my opinion its a very high chance) will send it lower and 39.38 is the highest its been since I cant remember when

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Why did the pound go up yesterday? It's not a case of Baht weakness as Sterling was also up against the Euro and over $1.30 again.

Whatever it was, we need more of it!!!

Baht weakened slightly against the Dollar and on other side of currency pairing Sterling up against that same USD....

• Thumbs Up 1

TT is 39.63 at time of post

Be wary of waiting and waiting to transfer cash..... Sterling is climbing against the Greenback because the Tories are looking pretty confident of victory. That may change leading into next week and Sterling will plummet if any hint of a hung parliament is on the cards.

Pound cost averaging is your friend here. I've lumped over another 1k at 39.80 via Transferwise. If Tories are returned with a majority it will go higher make no mistake at which point I'll send another 1k which with previous transfer will cover next months trip

If a hung parliament ensues Sterling will drop sharply but at least you locked in some of the higher rates (of recent times)

Edited by RR007
  • Thumbs Up 1