What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

8 hours ago, RR007 said:

Yeah TW is interbank so the absolute highest possible

I dread to think what TT exchanges will be weekend shutdown as they normally knock it down a lot more than the normal 20 Satang weekdays spread

37.04 just now mate at 6.12am 😧

Edited by Pumpuynarak

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

37.04 just now mate at 6.12am 😧

Yeah, but you have to knock off the TW fee to get the "real" exchange rate that you will get in your bank account here, which comes out at 36.75 for ÂŁ1000 with the headline rate at 37.04.

Makes TT's 36.90 look generous!

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Yeah, but you have to knock off the TW fee to get the "real" exchange rate that you will get in your bank account here, which comes out at 36.75 for ÂŁ1000 with the headline rate at 37.04.

Makes TT's 36.90 look generous!

But how do i transfer money from my UK bank account to TT ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

But how do i transfer money from my UK bank account to TT ?

You can't, but there's not much point in kidding yourself that TW will actually pay the headline rate into your bank account.

You know, it's like the days before TW when we used to look at XE.com, but you couldn't get the XE rates so you had to knock off around 17 satangs from the XE rate to get the TT rate. It's the same with TW, you need to knock off the fees to get the 'real' exchange rate they'll give you to compare it with TT.

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Thumbs Up 1

^^^

Re the above.....if we use that last screenshot from Forest we'll assume TT is 36.90 this Saturday morning

ÂŁ1000 via handing over the wad at the booth will give you 36900 obviously

Transferwise (which I use as well) will land in your account at 36755

145 Baht more OTC

ÂŁ5000 at TT is 185,200

ÂŁ5000 via TW is 183,979

Its better to do the comparison weekdays. I'd be very surprised if TT is still 36.90 this Saturday morning as well

I noticed to that TW fee has gone up slightly as well or it has since I last used it

Edited by RR007
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

The issue is guys us expats can't use TT as we don't have the folded thats for tourists, we're tied to transfers from our banks in our home countries but i could be wrong.

Not wanting to carry cash I left my car purchase money in my Aus bank account...... feckin fx keeps dropping and I need to transfer it .

Shoulda carried the cash.

• Like 1

The issue is guys us expats can't use TT as we don't have the folded thats for tourists, we're tied to transfers from our banks in our home countries but i could be wrong.
Yes Pumps, but consider the fortune you save on flights and travel expenses .
Got wife's 2 year visa and flight for ÂŁ1000. Schengen visa another ÂŁ100. Will go back with her early December, probably another ÂŁ500 or so for my flight. The genuine experts there permanently have escaped all that. Just a point as I enjoy the variety and travelling but it's hurting financially.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes but using Transferwise even if only £1000 the difference was  negligible in the bottom line in your pocket.....If you use any foreign card in an ATM even the Halifax Clarity you're still getting hit with the local ATM fee.

I recommend TW personally. No other sender gives full interbank to my knowledge. Happy to be corrected if there is

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

^^^

Re the above.....if we use that last screenshot from Forest we'll assume TT is 36.90 this Saturday morning

ÂŁ1000 via handing over the wad at the booth will give you 36900 obviously

Transferwise (which I use as well) will land in your account at 36755

145 Baht more OTC

ÂŁ5000 at TT is 185,200

ÂŁ5000 via TW is 183,979

Its better to do the comparison weekdays. I'd be very surprised if TT is still 36.90 this Saturday morning as well

I noticed to that TW fee has gone up slightly as well or it has since I last used it

on the TT website the AUD  is currently at 20.46... a quick check of TW a transfer of $1000 gives me a rate of 20.68 after fee's.

2 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

on the TT website the AUD  is currently at 20.46... a quick check of TW a transfer of $1000 gives me a rate of 20.68 after fee's.

Is that 20.46 from Saturdays update at TT  ??  Weekends is not a good comparison normally because they whack down the exchange in case of any crash come Mondays opening bell etc

I try to do any comparison on a weekday when markets are flat if possible

• Like 1

Just now, RR007 said:

Is that 20.46 from Saturdays update at TT  ??  Weekends is not a good comparison normally because they whack down the exchange in case of any crash come Mondays opening bell etc

Today's rate.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

lol Revolut who originally when they started were the number 1 British Card to use in ATMS are this weekend...............35.84  Jesus Wept

When currencies are falling fast the spreads get bigger faster going down....

When the Rubble was tanking it had huge spreads...The exchanges are brutal to secondary currencies when they get volatile... 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/10/2019 at 3:31 PM, RR007 said:

ok today is a weekday, I need to move $40,000 AUD.... TT is giving me Bt. 826,239.97 (20.656) and TW is Bt. 828,144.81(20.703) after fees.

However if I lower that number to $1000 TW is giving me less that TT (20.630 vs 20.656).

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Great Info 1

On 8/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, RR007 said:

Yes, I noticed that too. You'd think with their increasing level of business (well, certainly in Thailand) that they might have cut the fee a little bit rather than the other way.

I also noticed that it's taking longer for the money to arrive. In the past I did the transfer in the early PM here and the money turned up in my SCB account on the dot of 13:15 the next day. The last two transfers have taken three days instead of one. Has anybody else noticed this?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

ok today is a weekday, I need to move $40,000 AUD.... TT is giving me Bt. 826,239.97 (20.656) and TW is Bt. 828,144.81(20.703) after fees.

However if I lower that number to $1000 TW is giving me less that TT (20.630 vs 20.656).

Yes it will do......Whilst TW fee increases with amount sent it doesnt double say if you send ÂŁ2000 instead of ÂŁ1000.....there is a slight tail off of fee the higher the amount sent.....hardly any difference though overall, although I wouldnt personally want to hang around at a TT booth holding 40 large lol

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Yes, I noticed that too. You'd think with their increasing level of business (well, certainly in Thailand) that they might have cut the fee a little bit rather than the other way.

I also noticed that it's taking longer for the money to arrive. In the past I did the transfer in the early PM here and the money turned up in my SCB account on the dot of 13:15 the next day. The last two transfers have taken three days instead of one. Has anybody else noticed this?

Yep i've noticed it too TB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RR007 said:

although I wouldnt personally want to hang around at a TT booth holding 40 large lol

hahahahaha I know that feeling, when I was made redundant and went home end of 2017 I had 1 million baht in cash to take home (proceeds of selling my stuff) and Kbank had decided that as I no longer had a work permit I was unable to do an international transfer so off I went to TT and exchanged it for AUD.... that was a nervous scooter ride !!

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2