What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

This was from yesterday and reflects the image of USD exchange rate Bazle put above. Thailand is being seen as a safe haven for incoming funds and they're struggling to weaken the Baht which they clearly want to. Expect another rate cut soon

222.jpg

I'm sure no-one here needs reminding not to buy at the airport when leaving the UK and getting the "rate on the street" is one of the best methods to get your cash.  The article is about Moneycorp at Gatwick offering < $1 USD for £1 GBP, but look at the baht rate in the picture further down.  28.846 FFS.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2019/08/holidaymakers-offered-less-than--1-per-p1-at-airport-currency-ex/

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

I doubt we'll ever see 50 again 

To hit 50 we'd need Dollar/Baht back at 33 (where the Thais want it) and Sterling/Dollar at $1.52 ( previous day to referendum).....Dollar/Baht at 35 and you'd only need $1.43

Certainly at some point in the future we'd be back to 50+

11 hours ago, KWA said:

I'm sure no-one here needs reminding not to buy at the airport when leaving the UK and getting the "rate on the street" is one of the best methods to get your cash.  The article is about Moneycorp at Gatwick offering < $1 USD for £1 GBP, but look at the baht rate in the picture further down.  28.846 FFS.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2019/08/holidaymakers-offered-less-than--1-per-p1-at-airport-currency-ex/

Sure I agree but this was the Kasikorn Bank exchange kiosk at Suvarnabhumi rate for the £ ....others were about the same. Just thinking of people right off the plane first trip wanting some Baht !!! ..... sad times .... 

11 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Sure I agree but this was the Kasikorn Bank exchange kiosk at Suvarnabhumi rate for the £ ....others were about the same. Just thinking of people right off the plane first trip wanting some Baht !!! ..... sad times .... 

True, if everybody knew about the much better rates downstairs then the banks upstairs wouldn't be able to do business.  Thing is they do their business upstairs from those not in the know or with no time to negotiate the building. 

They even have a Kasikorn bank downstairs with completely different rates to their upstairs sisters and are actually more or less the same rate as the banks on their level by the station such as Super Rich etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

True, if everybody knew about the much better rates downstairs then the banks upstairs wouldn't be able to do business.  Thing is they do their business upstairs from those not in the know or with no time to negotiate the building. 

They even have a Kasikorn bank downstairs with completely different rates to their upstairs sisters and are actually more or less the same rate as the banks on their level by the station such as Super Rich etc.

Just look at Travelex rates at U.K. airports , they verge on criminal , but idiots are queuing up to use them ...

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

Glad the USD started to drop when I left. I was getting 30.70 to 30.85 June, July and up to August 21st when I left. I still survived when it was in the 29's a few years back. But I cannot even begin to even remotely complain with the status of other currency's.  

You should hold a one off binary referendum to allow California to leave the United States.

See how Trump and all the right wing nut jobs react to that "Will of the People Vote"  ........... 

File that under dumb fcuk ideas .................. :default_gathering:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just look at Travelex rates at U.K. airports , they verge on criminal , but idiots are queuing up to use them ...

Took this picture in May when I got 40.35bt to the Pound in Pattaya 

WP_20190520_06_57_02_Pro.jpg

Not many updates on this thread. I was watching Sky News last night about Boris proroguing Parliament and the pound was plummeting, down almost 1% against the Euro and US dollar at one time. I was almost dreading seeing the exchange rate this morning, but the Fx markets must have decided that it's not such a bad idea, the pound's no worse against the Baht than it was just before the announcement. 

TT rates 29-8-19.jpg

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Not many updates on this thread. I was watching Sky News last night about Boris proroguing Parliament and the pound was plummeting, down almost 1% against the Euro and US dollar at one time. I was almost dreading seeing the exchange rate this morning, but the Fx markets must have decided that it's not such a bad idea, the pound's no worse against the Baht than it was just before the announcement. 

TT rates 29-8-19.jpg

But if you look at the USD rate , the Baht has weakened a little at the same time