What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

16 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I hope what you say comes true and i agree regarding the Thai government's procrastination about wanting to do something about the strong Baht, i read an article a few days ago and they're still talking about the end of the year before we see it weakening, it just goes on and on.   

Make no mistake Sterling/Dollar will soar if a deal is signed off which obviously takes Sterling/Baht with it.  Dollar/Baht though different kettle of fish. TAT are now lying through their teeth and saying European visitors are down 1.5% whereas the reality is anywhere between 15-30% and probably higher. No matter what these face saving idiots want us to believe it is curbing foreign income from tourism. The Chinese and Indians sooner or later will lose interest in Thailand and the incoming tourist numbers will be utterly decimated

Edited by RR007

12 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Make no mistake Sterling/Dollar will soar if a deal is signed off which obviously takes Sterling/Baht with it.  Dollar/Baht though different kettle of fish. TAT are now lying through their teeth and saying European visitors are down 1.5% whereas the reality is anywhere between 15-30% and probably higher. No matter what these face saving idiots want us to believe it is curbing foreign income from tourism. The Chinese and Indians sooner or later will lose interest in Thailand and the incoming tourist numbers will be utterly decimated

I've just had a friend return from Pattaya whose a regular there many times a year and he could'nt quite believe the lack of western/Aussie farangs, he said all Chinese and Indians but are they spending big dosh ?

4 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've just had a friend return from Pattaya whose a regular there many times a year and he could'nt quite believe the lack of western/Aussie farangs, he said all Chinese and Indians but are they spending big dosh ?

Just take myself.....have not been in Thailand since March. Its utterly unprecendeted 6 months awol (even went Bulgaria in June instead) but with no desire to go Pattaya frankly. All my close friends the same odd trips but thats it. These are all guys way in excess of 100 trips like myself

As I mentioned earlier in thread I'm waiting to see whats occuring on November 1st and may go a few days later but I'm hardly bothered if I dont

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Just take myself.....have not been in Thailand since March. Its utterly unprecendeted 6 months awol (even went Bulgaria in June instead) but with no desire to go Pattaya frankly. All my close friends the same odd trips but thats it. These are all guys way in excess of 100 trips like myself

As I mentioned earlier in thread I'm waiting to see whats occuring on November 1st and may go a few days later but I'm hardly bothered if I dont

I am hearing exactly the same story from mates in the UK and Aussie, you are wise to hold on until after Nov 1st, see how the land lies, it could be great or it could be disaster !

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I am hearing exactly the same story from mates in the UK and Aussie, you are wise to hold on until after Nov 1st, see how the land lies, it could be great or it could be disaster !

Chatter here in the UK is that if a deal is on there may be a 2 week technical extension for the legislative work. However if we're at that stage all is good and comes down simply to a commons vote which is a bigger issue lol. DUP are not overly enthusiatic and with 21 Tories losing the whip they're relying on labour rebels to get it over the line

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Chatter here in the UK is that if a deal is on there may be a 2 week technical extension for the legislative work. However if we're at that stage all is good and comes down simply to a commons vote which is a bigger issue lol. DUP are not overly enthusiatic and with 21 Tories losing the whip they're relying on labour rebels to get it over the line

There is no doubt in my mind that a deal will see the pound soar to something like its true value, the markets love positive news and respond accordingly.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

There is no doubt in my mind that a deal will see the pound soar to something like its true value, the markets love positive news and respond accordingly.

The alternative however .... Which is why I'm hedging my bets and getting some Baht onboard before 31st Oct 

• Thumbs Up 1

A deal will certainly boost rates but I'm of the opinion that no deal will boost them even more.  It'll take longer, but when we see that no deal doesn't mean prices rocketing, factories closing, medicines running out etc etc, the UK economy will surge forward.  The scaremongering about no deal is scandalous.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, KWA said:

A deal will certainly boost rates but I'm of the opinion that no deal will boost them even more.  It'll take longer, but when we see that no deal doesn't mean prices rocketing, factories closing, medicines running out etc etc, the UK economy will surge forward.  The scaremongering about no deal is scandalous.

Agreed entirely but it will take a massive nosedive with no deal before it fully recovers to pre referendum levels imo.

15 minutes ago, KWA said:

I'd like to know on what you base your opinion?

To me no deal means starting all negotiations from scratch , with EU , US and rest of the world all whilst trading on WTO terms , it could take years and years to move off WTO tariffs , which won't be good for UK economy and therefore the value of the pound ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

To me no deal means starting all negotiations from scratch , with EU , US and rest of the world all whilst trading on WTO terms , it could take years and years to move off WTO tariffs , which won't be good for UK economy and therefore the value of the pound ...

If by a miracle we do leave, it will be interesting to watch the stock market and currency rates as we will be in unknown territory. 

Still can't see the self serving MP's voting to leave. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Negotiations will be done in record time when those on both sides have an incentive.  Interim arrangements will be made if legal niceties require time.  Deals with the rest of the world will already have been written and will just need signed on the dotted line.

Removing the money drain that is the EU will provide an immediate impact and with no deal is also no divorce payment, which is a nonsense anyway.

As I said, it might take a bit longer, but short term pain is worth it for long term gain.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KWA said:

Negotiations will be done in record time when those on both sides have an incentive.  Interim arrangements will be made if legal niceties require time.  Deals with the rest of the world will already have been written and will just need signed on the dotted line.

Removing the money drain that is the EU will provide an immediate impact and with no deal is also no divorce payment, which is a nonsense anyway.

As I said, it might take a bit longer, but short term pain is worth it for long term gain.

If there's no deal , that will be the first thing the EU ask for before starting any new negotiations , they have already said so .... I don't share your optimism 🙂  but hopefully we will not find out who is correct and a deal will be struck ... 

• Like 2

Boys, boys, shouldn't all the Brexit stuff be on the Brexit thread ?  

Short allusions of the financial aspects may be ok here, but save the rest for the other side of street. 

Yeah, I know its in the political section, but dont be scared it iz very civilized.

Just my 2 cents

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

but hopefully we will not find out who is correct and a deal will be struck ... 

Providing the deal means we leave the EU lock stock and barrel otherwise they can shove it where the sun don't shine. A free trade agreement is all we need.

Is this TFing ? lol

Edited by Pumpuynarak