What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

Bloody TT and its weekend rates! It's currently 38.50 on XE, which should translate to 38.30-38.35 in TT during the week.
Do you find the weekend rates have a greater loss from the XE rates all the time than weekday rates?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Doug said:

Do you find the weekend rates have a greater loss from the XE rates all the time than weekday rates?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Always doesnt matter what currency it is. Exchangers are at risk of news landing over a weekend that could send exchange rates sharply down when the market reopens again so always lower than the normal spread. May be exceptions but will be rare

Works both ways though of course

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

This rise is the result of Sterling advancing against the Dollar.  One of the reasons I have to point out time after time in a big FB group on Thailand (and an expat group lol) of whom at least half are unable to grasp their is no direct exchange rate between Sterling/Baht but in fact its the sum of two pairings and movement in either pairing affects the bottom line

This forum membership is clearly brighter no question I wonder if its because we're older in the main ??  Mind you "expat" group should be likewise lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Bingo, onwards and upwards she will go if you've just read the news, things are looking good for a deal imo.

Doucement, doucement....

I wonder (and suspect) if it simply is all bollocks talks from Boris, and typical diplomatic language from the EU ....

Lets wait tonight.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Bingo, onwards and upwards she will go if you've just read the news, things are looking good for a deal imo.

A new deal looks highly probably but then comes the slight issue of getting it through the commons lol. The Bozo currently has a majority of minus 45 you have to wonder how the hell this will pass if all the opposition votes against (they will)

Going to come down I suspect to Labour rebels voting with the Government

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

A new deal looks highly probably but then comes the slight issue of getting it through the commons lol. The Bozo currently has a majority of minus 45 you have to wonder how the hell this will pass if all the opposition votes against (they will)

Going to come down I suspect to Labour rebels voting with the Government

Bozo has been courting the DUP and ERG all week, in and out of No 10 so the news is reporting. I think we might be guilty of TFing here so its over to the Brexit thread in future 👍

• Thumbs Up 2

Interbank closed at 39.34 for the weekend. All down to Super Saturday now in the UK....Popcorn in and hunkered down. If it passes (even allowing for Oliver Letwins delaying tactics) there is zero doubt TT will open in the 40's on Monday

• Like 1

Just sent over a "half bundle" via Transferwise at 39.29 and will look to "pound cost average" next week if todays vote is passed and Sterling/Baht rises off the back of it.

Am well aware that if its defeated Sterling will go the other way unsurprisingly but at least will have locked in that 39.29 anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

Just sent over a "half bundle" via Transferwise at 39.29 and will look to "pound cost average" next week if todays vote is passed and Sterling/Baht rises off the back of it.

Am well aware that if its defeated Sterling will go the other way unsurprisingly but at least will have locked in that 39.29 anyway.

Wife's just sending right now.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

What the Hell is half a bundle