What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

On 9/8/2020 at 3:41 PM, monkey_omelette said:

Down and down she goes.

Sterling taking a dump against the USD......Just wait until Johnson drives us off a cliff over Brexit. Most Forex traders are indicating around $1.12 if he does (he will)

That would put Sterling/Baht back to 35.10

• Sad 2

I got over 40 with TW yesterday afternoon transferring a grand here. Net of their seven quid fee, I ended up with 39, 990 Baht exactly sent to my SCB account. I was tempted to wait for the last 10 Baht so as to get the full 40,000, but then the Fx rate started turning down so I hit the send button pronto.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I got over 40 with TW yesterday afternoon transferring a grand here. Net of their seven quid fee, I ended up with 39, 990 Baht exactly sent to my SCB account. I was tempted to wait for the last 10 Baht so as to get the full 40,000, but then the Fx rate started turning down so I hit the send button pronto.

So WTF is going on with TW these days? The last couple of transfers it's told me that it hasn't received my funds yet, even though they had been transferred according to my bank. Then 10 minutes later they send me an e-mail saying they've now received my funds and will start my transfer. However, instead of the promised transfer time of "within seconds", they've now changed it to the next day. So the money should have arrived by lunchtime today, but then I get an e-mail saying:

Sorry, it’s looking like your transfer of GBP to THB will arrive later than expected.

Lots of people are using TransferWise at the moment, so it’s taking us longer to process transfers. It should now arrive on September 16, at 07:07 UTC.

Are they just taking the piss, falling apart at the seams, or simply holding on to my dosh for an extra couple of days for their own purposes?

• Great Info 2