How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Aqualung

Advice re opening a mobile catering business

First of all let me state im no business man . This is the TGs idea not mine but any help I can give her I will. 

Bit of background first ....she's living in a nice big town in Sweden . She's currently working for a small but busy thai take away / restaurant . This is her second job and previously worked in another restaurant about 6 miles out of town. Also a busy place. 

She Is a grafter and a bloody good cook and her current employer ( swedish / thai couple ) don't want to lose her . But now she feels she wants to try for herself .

shes not interested in renting a property for her business but would rather have a mobile van or trailer so she can move around to festivals and other events. But her main patch would be down by the beach / camp sites where many swedes spend their holiday times between April to September. There are no other food outlets there apart from one burger vendor. 

Any BMs willing to offer any tips and advice will be welcome . 

Shes scared of trying tbh ! But I tell her " you'll never know until you try " 

thanks for reading 

regards      Steve. 

Can only give you encouragement in the fact that a Swedish guy in our village has a wife that does this in the summer in Sweden and she seems to make a good amount of money from it. He drives her to her pitch every day and she just gets on with it. They live somewhere near Stockholm but I'm not sure if that is where she goes. Sounds like she has city centre workers and shoppers as her main clientele. Should I get back to the village before they leave I'll try to get some contact details for you.

6 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Can only give you encouragement in the fact that a Swedish guy in our village has a wife that does this in the summer in Sweden and she seems to make a good amount of money from it. He drives her to her pitch every day and she just gets on with it. They live somewhere near Stockholm but I'm not sure if that is where she goes. Sounds like she has city centre workers and shoppers as her main clientele. Should I get back to the village before they leave I'll try to get some contact details for you.

Many thanks for that . Much appreciated .

Although I know nothing about business ive observed quite a bit having been to Sweden umpteen times. When the weather turns warmer ( and it doesn't have to be warm really !) the Swedes are spending their free time outdoors when they can. The parks have loads of familes doing the bbq thing .

Down at beach ,where there is a lido also, pine forest and camp sites there are always loads of folks there relaxing and enjoying themselves . It's a beautiful place but nowhere other than a rather large hotel and restaurant to eat .very expensive too. 

To me ,it seems the place is crying out for an alternative ,less expensive place to  eat . 

Sign in to follow this